First attempt at Slimming World... First attempt at a Food diary!

Well done, you're doing great - I had a bit of a wobble this week too but you know what, it's going to happen, that's life, it's just how we deal with it that matters. I hope you have a really good week xx

Well day 21 and going strong! Pleased to say the damage wasn't anywhere near as bad as imagined after my awful week and only gained 1lb! ;)
Getting back on plan ASAP probably helped a lot!

So today's food has been

Lunch: 1 x pkt savoury rice
Snack: very small bowl of mushy pea curry (unsure whether I like it tbh) and 1x wholemeal bread (HEB)
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with quorn chicken pieces, SW chips and salad! Plus 4 tbsp of Helmans extra light mayo (2syns).

Edit: got the munchies later on, don't know why! Thinks it's because I'm missing breakfast regularly but sure it's fine to snack on free/superfree. So I had a options mint madness (1.5 syns), low fat supernoodles and a banana!

I eat eat way too much :( . But only 3.5 syns today!!

Such a good day and feeling super proud!

Last edited:
Great to see your back on it :) Thats the good thing about Slimming World you can eat as much as you like as long as its the right sort of foods like you say free/superfree. I too gained a pound last week but I lost 1 and half this morning at weigh in so don't worry too much, I'm sure it will come back off next week plus a bit more!! Good luck for this week hun hope its a good one :D

Thank you little miss muffet! And congrats on you weight loss this week too :)

Well it's day 22 and still going strong. Had a bit of a rubbish day today but still stuck to plan. Have tried something new too! 0.5 syn muiller Greek style yoghurts and their super delish and make a change to the usual muillerlight! Really recommend! I think I had the peach one and it lovely yummy bits of peach in too so I really enjoyed :D

Breakfast: Scrambled egg made with some of HEA milk allowance, 2 x Nume Sausages (2syns) and beans + apple
Lunch: mugshot + banana
Treat: 2 boiled sweets (2 syns)
Dinner: 1 x pkt of Batchelors pasta n sauce with a laughing cow mixed in (mmm, 1 syn!!), salad with 2tbsp of helmans fat free salad dressing (0.5 syns?) and cottage cheese. This was teamed with a nice 35 ml Malibu and diet lemonade lol :p (4 syns)
Plus the Greek muillerlight (0.5syns) and a hifi light bar (HEB)

This dinner was a bit slap dash but the chicken I had taken out the freezer for dinner tonight hadn't defrosted so I made do lol

Hello fellow skinny ones! Today has been a challenging day but a nice day. Challenging because I ate out for lunch and dinner :eek: but lovely spending quality time with my mammy which doesn't happen a lot. So actually am proud of myself today so I thought I'd write a lovely entry on here :)
So breakfast was porridge (HEB) and blueberries! Which filled me up for aaaaages.. Then we went out for a walk so I say I ate out but I actually had to enter Gregg's the bakers being a SW member lol and I looked up syn values of things and I found a fajita chicken pasta box was 4.5 syns so I had that + water and a banana! Spectacular for me as I could easily do 2 pasties lol hence why I'm on SW lol...

Then I nibbled on cherries in the car to our next destination. Did some more walking and stopped for a drink in a pib which I only had DIET COKE. :D
Then a bit more walking and stopped for pub lunch at a flaming grill pub chain. I bypassed the burger :( and found something called 'simply chicken' . A grilled chicken breast, peas, jacket potato (which comes with seperate butter which I gave away :() and grilled tomato for £3.99! Bargain! So after being so good as I figured this meal was free or few syns but tbh, I don't syn this type of meat even from takeaways..
I treat myself to a medium glass of white :D

I wasn't driving btw in case anyone asks lol...

What a fab day and showed me just how flexible slimming world is!

edit: should also add a muillerlight and a cupshot haha and some pea pods!

Last edited:
Well done Lornir sounds like you made excellent choices and had an excellent day. I love that I can eat out on sw and those Greg pasta boxes sound like a handy thing to know about

Well done Lornir sounds like you made excellent choices and had an excellent day. I love that I can eat out on sw and those Greg pasta boxes sound like a handy thing to know about

Thank you very much willbeslimjen! I hope yor days been just as successful! The greggs pasta boxes are really fab. They had a fajita chicken one as mentioned, a chicken and bacon which I think was 6 syns and a tuna pasta salad type one but unsure of syns although I think it contained some sort of mayo... Will be light I imagine as the range advertises under 500 cals a box!
I know greggs isn't ideal when slimming lol, but sometimes you have got to make do with what's available and a 4.5 syn pasta box is much better than a 22 syn pasty!

Well early morning update today! Having a bit of a stress out this week with looking for a new house etc but fingers crossed were getting there! Anyway I have used some flexisynning yesterday? I think it's called... Have been eating out too but again, trying to make the healthiest option! So here we go!

Breakfast: 3 x babybel lights (HEA)

Lunch: well we went to this lovely cafe and so I skipped the cakes and pastries and opted for a small-ish brown roll (HEB) no butter, ham and lots of salad! And a side salad lol I even gave away my coleslaw lol but they did come with crisps on the plate and I looked at them and if I haven't already mentioned it I LOVE crisps, and I gave in. Naughty naughty lol but lovely!! (6.5 syns)

Tea: well by the time I had done my jobs I came home and forgot to cut the veg for tea but already had prepped maggi bag of chicken (2syns?)...

Then I had a shift at work which was pretty hectic so I reckon am
body magicing lol after work, I had 2 large glasses of white. Admittedly I didn't realise these were 8 syns a glass...

So 25 syns roughly.... Great. However, apparently this is okay as I usually only use between 5-10 a day so....

Well am back and been living the life or Riley again. I do hope this won't affect my weight loss too much! Another busy day house hunting again but fingers crossed were getting somewhere :D
Mum came with me and suggested lunch out....
so we went to the local hungry horse?. I am really testing this SW!!
Breakfast: A peach an a tin of spaghetti and slices of trimmed bacon. Tea (1 syns)
Lunch: well this was hungry horse style. I figure if the salad had dressing or something it may be worse than a steak, so I ended up having steak with no fat, jacket potato and peas (I don't like grilled mushroom or tomato!). With a diet coke! I'm not sure of syn value but that must be okay ish for a pub meal?
Dinner: well we had this late on and I had pasta with chopped tomatos, garlic, red onion and cheese (HEA). Plus 2 slices lean ham...

so because I've ate out a fair bit am not having my wine tonight lol so what I had but unsure of syn value is a piece of Aldi barbecue chicken breasts from the chiller. It was skinless!
And a chicken drumstick but I removed the skin so that be free!

Cant ant see a loss after all my eating out but hey ho :(

Yesterday I posted that I had had aldi chicken breast barbecue mini fillets. Found the in chillers.
They are so tasty and yummy for syns which I worked out today online! 1 pack (170g) is 2 syns therefore a couple of pieces with a salad will be syn free, or low syns depending how much you use! I can't remember the price but am going to say around £2? Well worth the money and syn!

We'll pretty average day today! Tried to get the super free in as much as possible!

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB) with raspberries and banana + mini fridge raiders (1 syn)
Lunch: Pasta n sauce + cuppa tea (1 syn)
Options hot choc- 1.5 syn
Dinner: super free packed spaghetti Bol with cheese (HEA) + mullerlight Greek style (0.5)

now I got the munchies lol I eat so much!! I need to cut down so having sw chips and bit of mayo (1 syn) and an orange!

woo also added up weekly syns and included 12 syns for any oil on the foods when I ate out and I got a grand total of 71.5 syns!! And only 1 day to go before WI!! So I always give or take 5-10 syns for any cups of tea I forgot about etc although I only have 1-2 a day! Very pleased and I've had wine :)

Last edited:
Hello everybody! Had a lovely relaxing day today in the back garden enjoying the sun and it's fair to say am well and truly burned! Did have a cheeky glass of wine... First cape light rose? I would recommend! But as it always is, one glass leads to the bottle although I was very good and it lasted me all day as I mixed it with diet lemonade!! And no cider!!
So I stayed away from high syn food (except the matchbox size cake I had to taste for my little cousin lol) which am allocating 5 syns for?

Breakfast: Fridge raiders and an orange (1 syn)
Lunch: pasta n sauce (1 syn for flavour) + banana + 2 benefit bars light (HEB)
Snack: Savoury rice + 2 slices of chicken and orange
Dinner: Pasta with tuna, red onion and cucumber + cheese (HEA)

haha okay that's a lot of food lol but in fairness it's nearly all free! And much better than a takeaway lol
so... 19 syns? Not bad including a bottle of wine!

Well Day 21

Just found out that your 'new week' starts after weigh in! So after a nice steak dinner, with a bit of dressing on salad, a couple of chips and 2 onion rings il stick to that thought lol...
anyway. Swiftly moving on! I lost 0.5lb, not great but it is what SW called star week so am sure that's got something to do with it! Still a loss is a loss.

So after today's nice little meal I came home with my new mentality and had for dinner
Jacket potato with a laughing cow (2syn), salad, 2 slices of Turkey and a boiled egg + muillerlight and a orange!

Last edited:
Hello! I don't have many viewers lol but I do this for my own sanity and today I have had a fab day!!

Breakfast: Scrambled egg, toast (HEB) and beans + banana
Lunch: Philly pasta with spring onion (2 syns) and salad and a kiwi
Dinner: Chicken breast in a homemade tomato, red onion , garlic sauce served with cabbage, baby sweet corn, broccoli, carrots and SW roasties! this was gorgeous :D
Snack: 2 x scan bran (first time and they were fine, 2 syns) with a tin of mackerel fillets in tomato sauce, another kiwi and a options hot chocolate (1.5 syns)

5.5 syn!

Last edited:
Well, feel a bit bad today but good because I really fancied something greasy as am * week lol anyhow me and my dad went out for tea which we haven't done in ages and he ordered some garlic mushrooms and BBQ chicken wings for tea.. Oh dear! however, I tried to limit the damage by having 4 button mushrooms which am gonna syn as 10?... And taking the skin off the wings so the tiny bit of sauce am gonna syn as 8 because it was on the skin plus the oils. So 20? I had my usual steak with undressed salad and some chips but I left half by eating all my steak!! And salad so because it was a small portion anyway, smaller than a chippy size am gonna syn as 10 to be safe + 6 for oils/safety net! and 3 syns for a Malibu... So grand total of 36 syns! Damn. But was tasty... Please tell me if this is too generous? The reason why I let go a bit is because I'm at work this weekend so no drinking and a don't get much time to eat and if I do, I usually have a rice/pasta salad as in my lunch box...

Breakfast: Spaghetti on toast (HEB)
Lunch: 2 x fruit pots and some BBQ chicken! (1syn)

so let's say 40 syns today. Oh dear lol

Day 24

Breakfast/Lunch: Savoury rice and 2 x Linda McCartney sausages + a large fruit salad
Dinner: Boots shaper chargrilled chicken, broad beans, lentils and pea salad. I didn't have the dressing so classing as free.

And that's all I've eaten today and drank water. Oops...
Syns 0.

Well I feel like giving up a bit now. Yesterday eating wise I was syn free except a bag of quavers so 6 syns? But I had around 6 malibus and 4 vodkas and diet cokes after work...

Then today I had a my syn free breakfast and 2 syns for lunch but had 7 vodkas with friends and I just feel a bit deflated now because I've been so good eating wise. I wouldn't have been bothered of I didn't have the garlic mushrooms earlier on in the week and tbh, I feel 'lighter' but that may be because of the end of star week but I am now dreading Tuesday WI.

Need support :( I feel a failure ..

Day 27

Breakfast: Mackerel in tomato sauce on toast (HEB) + Greek muillerlight (0.5 syns)
Lunch: 2 x Linda McCartney Rosemary and red onion sausages, Pasta n sauce with cheese (HEA) and salad + 2 mini cocktail sausages (3 syns) and a cuppa (1 syn)
Dinner: SW chips, Beans and salad + gin and lemonade (2.5 syns) + Quark Options mousse (1.5 syns)

8.5 syns today because of them silly cocktail sausage!! I didn't realise they were that high!! :( . Hope weigh in is alright tomorrow although my clothes are fitting better!

Last edited:
Back