First day Cockup?

abigailsweetie

I've had two shakes and a meal (slimnsave spicy spaghetti) and about 20 minutes ago was so hungry I was getting cramps.

So I decided to have a huge bowl of porridge, I mean this was a massive bowl, im sure it was at least 4 x a normal bowl.

I don't plan on having anymore today, won't affect me too much will it? I know its first day and I've caved in to the porridge but I get very bad cramps when hungry so obviously I should have slid myself into this rather than jumping straight into it! So maybe it will be easier tomorrow as Day 0 I ate loads, Day 1 I've eaten a small amount even with the porrdige and Day 2 will be entirely shakes and meal....

It will delay you getting into ketosis. Porridge contains quite a lot of carbs so today will not count from a getting into ketosis point of view, although you may lose a little weight. Why did you only have 3 SnS products? Yiu should have 4 packs a day or 3 packs and a protein meal. Also, on SnS you can have 200g of certain veg a day too. You can always snack on that (I love raw cauliflower for example) or you could could up a vegetable stir fry or something as an extra meal. You will feel hungry when getting into ketosis, but once you are there it is a lot easier. In the meantime you need to put up with the hunger to get there. Make sure you are drinking enough too - quite often people mistake thirst for hunger.

I meant to have 4 but once I had the porridge I felt like I should stop there.

I'm waiting for my bars to come as I am at university a few days a week and so lunch time is difficult and I end up in the canteen (all they serve is chips or lasagne) so I'm just trying to eat healthily untill the bars arrive. I've only got lemon shakes left but oh well!

The main problem is I have absolutely no self control. Its weird starting a day thinking I will behave but I can get to 3pm and really just think "A bite won't hurt" and then within an hour I've eaten a whole days worth of calories. Its seriously bad. I think I am completely addicted to food I can't even get my first day done....I don't know whats wrong with me. I know people say 'Well if you wanted to do it, you would do it" but that doesn't work, otherwise I wouldn't be 19 stone.

I don't know what to do. I'm going on anti anxiety tablets soon, so maybe it will be easier when I'm calmer

Hi, you need to push yourself write everything down that you consume and see where your going wrong, the self control will come you keep in there and think of a thinner you. Good luck

sounds like your not in the right frame of mind to start yet, i mean there is no easy way to slide yourself into a vlcd. have you tried a slimming club?? good luck xx

sounds like your not in the right frame of mind to start yet, i mean there is no easy way to slide yourself into a vlcd. have you tried a slimming club?? good luck xx

I don't have the time for a slimming club as I'm a student and a parent to a 7 month old. My OH isn't home enough in the evenings for me to be able to do that.

But as it happens, I've gotten through today 100% VLCD. I had a shake at 8am, bar at 11am, chili at 2pm and just had a shake. Am hungry but am dealing with it as I have a lot of revision for tomorrows exam. If I get starving in the next hour I'll probably steam some brocolli but should be ok!

First few days of food replacement are HARD!
I kept having to say, "you are NOT cheating in week 1" over and over in my first few days.
KEEP GOING!!
It's really, really worth it!!

Its so easy just to think a bite won't hurt. I had to have salmon and broccoli at 8 as i was revising for todays exam but that ddint upset me, this exam is important!!

When do most people start their shakes etc as i just had one at 7am

Hi Abigail,

How are you doing now? I read your thread and to be honest I could have written it. I have done that first day "Im gonna be good" at 9am and then by 6 pm I am half way through a six pack of crisps. And coke. And cooking up something yummy. And feeling soooo guilty.

I am finally on the diet - five weeks in and doing well - after literally years of trying and failing. How did I eventually make it work:

A) I got some blood tests done and found out that I was low in vitamin D. When I started taking the supplements my anxiety reduced and so it was easier to get through day 1. Maybe you have a deficiency that makes you crave a morsel more than you should?

B) I reduced the stress in my life. I have my own business and three kids and I dont have a cleaner. I am very busy most of the time. I am closing the business down at the mo cos I realised I HATE IT and its not making money anyway so its got to go. Making that decision reduced my stress levels significantly. My kids are a little older - the youngest is now 2 and a half - and it gets a whole lot easier to manage kids once they get to 2 and a half. They do what they are told then , almost all the time.

C) I hit rock bottom for me. I was waking up feeling tired and sore every morning. My joints hurt, my heart was having palpitations, I would look at the stairs in shops and thank god I had the buggy so that I could take the lift without looking odd. I really couldnt go on like that.

D) I watched a lot of motivational shows on TV at night like the biggest loser and Obese a year to save my life etc. They really really really helped me focus.

E) I went online and read about addictions - not food addictions which aren't covered well online. But alcohol and drug addictions and the ways people overcome them. I dont really know if I am a food addict but I found it really useful to read about the ways to deal with addiction and it set me off to a good start on the diet.

F) and I didnt set huge goals. I set little goals - like get through to four oclock. Get through to six oclock and so I always seemed to be reaching some goal and was happy. Its only now, five weeks in, that I can plan beyond the afternoon but I really cant plan what will happen tomorrow yet. It really is one day at a time.

THats what I did to get going.

And THe MOST IMPORTANT ONE: EXERCISE. Starting every day with a little exercise really helps. Nothing too strenuous - just something to get the heart beating and some air into your lungs for half an hour. Its as if the endorphins you release get the mind in gear for a diet.

Hope you can apply some of that to your diet.

Take care and best of luck in those exams.

Belle

Well done for having a day completely sticking to it! I'm sure you can manage, ou just need to be really determined. I find that if I give myself the option to cheat, it makes it so much harder!

Also, if you did want to do a normal slimming-club type diet. You can do weightwatchers completely online without going to a club. There's loads in fact - I think tesco even does one. Not saying you'll need them, but they are an option for busy people xx

I am still subscribed to WW online. Have barely used it, maybe I am so used to calories that the idea of points is very unsettling. I did get through a whole vlcd day but I realised i needed all my brain power for revising for my exam so took a step back. Worst thing would have been getting the headaches on my most important day. So tomorrow is Day 1. I know i need to consume lots of water etc. What are peoples best tips for beating the first 3 days? I've even cancelled this weeks driving lesion as don't want to be going through food withdrawal and develop drivers rage on my lesson!

Back