First day doubts already!!! Please help

spanner78

Hi all, today is my first day on CD and im absoloutely starving and have a headache. I can cope with the hunger but its the low energy that comes with being hungry.
Im dissapointed that ive found the first day this hard, I hated cooking a meal for my family today. Does it get any easier, i must admit im a bit of a bread junkie, so i think my body is shocked its had no carbs all day!!
Im 13stone 12lb and want to get down to 10stone at least. Ive just been to a wedding and was completely depressed that i couldnt wear a nice dress like most of the other women there and that was the final straw!!

Ive just discovered this site and its been really good looking at before and after pics.
Has anyone got any tips about providing lovely meals for your family and resisting the temptation to dive in??

Thanks and good luck xxx
Spanner78:(

Firstly, big well done for making a start!

Secondly, try your best to stick it out for the first week, it DOES get easier. After you see the results at the first weigh in, that is a massive insentive in itself!!!

Good luck :) xxx

Hi spanner. The diet is hard and it takes a lot of will power to do it. Have you drunk all your water today. Take some tablets and drink lots of water. I started my diet when i was at work so i knew i would have things to keep myself busy and my mind occupied.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

ye thanks marshma- i am struggling to drink all the water but i know its important. I think its been harder today being a sunday, had to cook dinner and now my hubby and son are ordering a chinese!! im off upstairs.
Think il be ok tommorow back at work cos i usually dont eat much at work anyway

xx

The water is very tough to do if you aren't used to it but it will get easier. Have a long hot bath and an early night if you are struggling tomorrow at work will be easier as more to keep yourself busy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Hi spanner,
My start weight was same as yours. Once you get through the first week you'll wonder where all the time and fat went. Keep going. It is the harder diet ever for the first 5 or 6 days but it's so worth it. Keep drinking water. Go have a bath or do your nails, sort your knocker drawer out, have a lie down anything to keep you from eating. PROMISE it gets better x x

Hi ya! I'm on day 6 now and only just finding it easier. I couldn't stop crying, dizzy, so unhappy until yesterday, I agree about keeping ur self busy. Really really wish u all the best. Only way I got through it was taking every single hour at a time, just think that this time next week u will feel soooooo much better. U can do this! :)

I'm just finishing week 2 and it really does get easier!
Stick with it hun xx

Hi, just want to let you know that it really does get easier!! I've struggled so much this week (its my first week) and got to day 6 before going into ketosis - I thought I would never get there!!! I've felt like poo all week!! But like you, I was a bit of a carb junkie and I didn't prepare myself very well by cutting down the carbs before starting so I also had the bad headaches, the shakes, the agonising hunger!! BUT, I've just made it through my first week, am finally in Ketosis AND I lost 8.5lbs in that first week!!! xx

Back