first day, first FR

mared

First of all I have to say how insirational and encouraging you all are. Your stories have indeed motivated me no end.

Just had had my first replacement, went ok, I'm drinking plenty of water as advised. I think whats going to be hard for me is getting out of the habit of snacking, not that I am craving anything at the moment, or even hungry, but I've usually got a bag of crisps or something open on my desk! (I'm in work) .

I think my biggest struggle will be when I get home, and settle down in front of the telly - the time when we usually get all the nicies out to snack on , so I will be keeping a chocolate FR to have for then.

Hi,
The best of luck with the Lt journey it really gets easier after the first week X

Good luck! It gets easier, I was a snacker, and now I treat my self to a cup or 2 of black tea, and its surprising how much I look forward to it! X

Hi Mared.
Know what you mean about snacking at work or watching tv. People say it's only a habit which can be broken in 3 weeks. Easier said than done, eh? I think I've finally broken that habit through a mixture of coming on this forum with telly in the background and a sudoku or simple crossword to distract me.
If you can stick to this diet, it is great for wiping the slate clean, examining all your bad habits and planning for a better future.
Good luck with your first week, hun. X

Jessie has hit the nail on the head.. I too kill time on here when I would usually be snacking and watching telly, its so easy to do and when the tv is on I think about food as my mind wanders. Online I find I concentrate much more and cause I am typing and actively thinking I forget about it all and before you know it 2 hours have passed! .. either that or I go to bed! LOL!!

Good luck and stay strong and i recommend the breath mints to refresh your mouth if you are struggling and want to eat. They make my mouth feel zingy and that kills the pang for food!

Back