First day on EE. Learning more an more.

yorkplumber

So I have just found out that blending fruit turns it into a syn!!! Please can you look at my diary for today and let me know what you think.

1 x Banana + 1 x Orange smoothie
1 x 50mm of milk
1 x banana
1 x fat free activia vanilla yogurt
1 x Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce + Peas and carrots (1 syn)
1x kiwi

Evening meal will consist of sw chips extra lean beef mince burger with onion and more veg.

Hi York

You are right on blending the fruit means syns - the idea is that you could drink lots of smoothies really easily but couldn't eat then same amount so it helps with portion control

Food looks good but a few points. EE consists of 3 areas - free foods (including superfree), Healthy Extras and syns- the plan works when you put everything together. Each meal should have at least 1/3 superfree (fruit and non starchy veg - so for example your carrots are fine but peas are not superfree

Where are your Healthy Extras? - you should have 1B choice (breads/cereals/bars etc) and 1A - milk/cheese. I can see you had some milk but a HEA portion is bigger than 50 ml

Also do have syns too - 5- 15 each day - means you can have treats or extras like sauces/mayo

So for a good extra easy your day could be

HEA - 250 ml semi skim milk (different amounts depending on type of milk)
HEb - could be eg a wholemeal roll

brekky
fruit and yogurt

lunch
pasta and sauce - but maybe choose some superfree veg instead of peas so carrots and spinach? Or have the peas and carrots but some salad as well

tea

Yours sounded great - you could put your wholemeal roll in here as a burger bun (you may have been planning that anyway)

I think you have the right idea - it does take a while to get into it. Have a look at some food diaries - especially those people who are doing well and losing, as that gives you some good ideas

Hi York

You are right on blending the fruit means syns - the idea is that you could drink lots of smoothies really easily but couldn't eat then same amount so it helps with portion control

Food looks good but a few points. EE consists of 3 areas - free foods (including superfree), Healthy Extras and syns- the plan works when you put everything together. Each meal should have at least 1/3 superfree (fruit and non starchy veg - so for example your carrots are fine but peas are not superfree

Where are your Healthy Extras? - you should have 1B choice (breads/cereals/bars etc) and 1A - milk/cheese. I can see you had some milk but a HEA portion is bigger than 50 ml

Also do have syns too - 5- 15 each day - means you can have treats or extras like sauces/mayo

So for a good extra easy your day could be

HEA - 250 ml semi skim milk (different amounts depending on type of milk)
HEb - could be eg a wholemeal roll

brekky
fruit and yogurt

lunch
pasta and sauce - but maybe choose some superfree veg instead of peas so carrots and spinach? Or have the peas and carrots but some salad as well

tea

Yours sounded great - you could put your wholemeal roll in here as a burger bun (you may have been planning that anyway)

I think you have the right idea - it does take a while to get into it. Have a look at some food diaries - especially those people who are doing well and losing, as that gives you some good ideas

Right, thats tea over and done with for another day. I had the extra lean beef burger with red pepper and onion and a few strands of cheddar cheese. I used 2 eggs to bind the mix together but spread it out over 8 burgers. I had a wholemeal bread bun and sw chips with a good helping of baked beans in tomato sauce.

I plan on having a banana when im hungary and thats me done for my first day on EE. I'm sure people on here can offer advice or where i an improve it??? (Hint hint)

I am new to this and hoping you can help me as best you can

Thanks

Right, thats tea over and done with for another day. I had the extra lean beef burger with red pepper and onion and a few strands of cheddar cheese. I used 2 eggs to bind the mix together but spread it out over 8 burgers. I had a wholemeal bread bun and sw chips with a good helping of baked beans in tomato sauce.

I plan on having a banana when im hungary and thats me done for my first day on EE. I'm sure people on here can offer advice or where i an improve it??? (Hint hint)

I am new to this and hoping you can help me as best you can

Thanks

Errmm - I was offering advice on where you could improve - :confused: was there something specific that didn't make sense or you wanted certain advice on?? :)

Sorry Rockchick I guess i hadnt processed your entire post and i aim to do better.

Day 2 looked like this and although im eating more fruit and veg i realise im not eating the superfoods to my advantage... I promise to eat more.
Milk allowance (hea)
1 x Banana(superfree)
1 x Orange(superfree)
1 x skinny caffe latte (5 syn)
1 x chicken N mushroom “pasta n go” (1 syn)
0.5 tin of garden pea’s (free food)
1 x fat free activia vanilla yogurt (2 syn)
0.5 tin of beans (free food)
2 x wholemeal bread(hexb)
1 x bag of veg(superfree)
1 x pear(superfree)

Let me know what you guys think

Looking good!

Hi guys, Coming at you with my day 3 diary. Thanks to "bilsat" for his spaghetti bol recipe I had it for tea and loved it.
Had my first chocolate treat today at a cost of 5 syns but worth it. Bumping my food up with superfrees as well. Let me know what you guys think to day 3

1 x milk allowance (hexA)
1 x Apple (superfree)
1 x Pear (superfree)
1 x mug shot (spicy Tomato) (0 syns)
1 x activia vanilla fat free yogurt (1 syns)
75g of spaghetti (free food)
100g of extra lean mince (free food)
200ml Passata Sauce (superfree)
2 x garlic bread (10 syns)
1 x Onion (superfree)
1 x Carrot (superfree)
1x Red pepper (superfree)
1 x slice of melon (superfree)
50ml of fromais frais (free food)
1 x rocky blue chocolate bar (5 syns)
1 x apple (superfree)
1 x pear (superfree)

2 x healthy living sausages (2 syns)
2 x wholemeal bread (hexB)
1 x egg (free food)
1 x skinny caffe latte (5syns)
0.5 tin of baked beans (free food)
0.5 tin of baked beans (free food)
1 x pork chop (free food)
1 x carrots (superfree)
1 x sw chips (superfree)
1 x apple filo (1 syns)

Day 5 diary looks like this. I could do with an expert to look over my first 5 days and just iron out any creases
2 x egg (free food)
2 x wholemeal bun (hexB) (2 syns)
1 x 70g extra lean pork mince (free food)
28g of cheddar cheese (hexA)
1 x rocky blue chocolate bar (5 syns)
1 x pear (superfree)
1 x sw chips (superfree)
1 x pork chop (free food)
1 x carrots (superfree)
1 x frozen berries (superfree)
1 x fromais frais (superfree)
1 x crackerbread (1 syns)

Much obliged

xx

Back