First day on Slimming World :)

aus-bound

Hi everyone, this is my first post and i'm a newbie to SW - went to my first ever class yesterday.
I have decided to join SW after many failed attempts at trying to lose weight on my own, the plan seems very dooable and as i lack motivation and give up easily, the weekly class will be there to help me along.

I have been very unhappy with my weight for a few years now, which has made me lack so much confidence, seeing pics of me make me cringe, and i just know if i were to loose a bit of weight my life would be so much better.

My boyfriend and i are moving to Austraila in September...deciding on this has made me more determined than ever to loose weight, as the thought of wearing a bikini scares the hell out of me at the present moment.

I have read over my pack and am just trying to get to know the plan (EE)

Today ive had: 1 bananna, chicken with carrots and brocoli and a packet of savoury rice,2 slices of nimble wmeal with two dairylea light cheese triangles, a cup of tea with one sugar, a bananna, a muller light and 3 cadburys fingers. If im right, ive used my 2 he's and the only syns ive had are for the fingers and sugar in the tea, right?:confused:

Many thanks for taking the time to read my first post.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to sw!
How are u getting on after ur first few days? I have lost two and half stone on the plan and have just recently started my next journey to lose the final two stone. It's slow to get started again through! So really go for it first time round
Ali x

Welcome Aus-bound! :)
Sounds like you've made a great start. You have a wonderful incentive to lose weight so I'm sure you'll be able to do it. I've been on slimming world for just over a year now and it's completely a way of life.

The only thing I'd check with your food diary so far is if you take milk in your tea you'd have to syn it if you're using the dairyleas as your healthy extra a choice :)

Best of luck!

Hi everyone, thanks for your reply's. I have been so busy this last few days i havn't had time to post but i have been writing down what i've been eating. Weigh in is tomorrow eve and to be honest i am not expecting a big loss. I stuck to plan well until sunday - i had battered sausages from the chip shop and on monday i ate chicken nuggets and curry chips. I have no excuse for going off plan and i totally regreted it afterwards. Anyways, went to asda today and stocked up on healthy food for the week as i think the reason for going off plan was down to having nothing prepared or in the cupboards!

Today i've had
tea (1 sugar)
Alpen light bar
homemade beef stirfry with cabbage, carrots, beansprouts, egg noodles and soy sauce. (i'm still getting used to the plan but think soy sause is free)
glass of fanta zero

I'm going to make mysef a fruit salad now and mabye a slice of nimble with dairylea light :)

hope it's going well for you now just wanted to say well done for getting back on track sometimes it's habit- well I find it is with me and I think why am i doing this but you have brilliant motivation feeling quite envious! xxx

Don't beat yourself up for going off plan. It is a lot to take in at the start. Well done for getting back on. Let us know how you do :)

Hi everyone, i am delighted to post that i lost 4 pounds on my first week. I am aiming for a bigger loss next week as i am determined to stick to plan 100%.

Fod for today (WED 01.06.11)

bananna, 2 oranges and low fat yoghurt.
steak, 2 slices of bacon minus fat, tomatos, mushrooms, fried egg and sweetcorn.
1 custard donught (13 syns)
Strawberry, pineapple and orange fruit salad.

Going to have a slice of nimble and cup of tea before bed. :)

:happy096: fantastic news! So pleased for your Aus-bound. That should keep you motivated for the next week and help you to lose again next week :D

Keep up the good work! I'm trying to have a perfect week this week. So want to get my 4 stone next week and I only need to lose half a pound but it's being stubborn! :mad:

thanks impossibledreamer, and i hope you get a good result, 4 stone is an amazing loss. How long have you been on SW if you dont mind me asking? I have 13 weeks until i go away and would lov to have 2 stone off, but dont know if thats achievable or not, just have to wait and see.

Thursday's food diary (02.06.11)

Fruit salad
Bacon sandwich on nible bread (heb)
1 potato
tatyo cheese and onion (5 syns)
Baked potato with beans and cheese (hea)

thanks impossibledreamer, and i hope you get a good result, 4 stone is an amazing loss. How long have you been on SW if you dont mind me asking? I have 13 weeks until i go away and would lov to have 2 stone off, but dont know if thats achievable or not, just have to wait and see.

Thursday's food diary (02.06.11)

Fruit salad
Bacon sandwich on nible bread (heb)
1 potato
tatyo cheese and onion (5 syns)
Baked potato with beans and cheese (hea)

Thanks :D I started SW in April of last year but there was about 6 weeks where I didn't go to group as my first group closed so I didn't lose any during that time.

My loss is slow compared to others but certainly it comes of quicker at the beginning. You're looking at hoping to lose about 2lbs a week to get 2 stone before you holiday. I think it's achievable if you really go for it. Even if you lost 1 and a half in that time that would be amazing and you'd feel so pleased with yourself :D I'm off on hols to Belfast in a couple of weeks so must, must get my 4 stone before then or no guinness for me!!

Food diary looking good!

Just one thing - if you are doing EE you need to have 1/3 of your plate as superfree foods at every meal. Unfortunately veg like peas/sweetcorn don't count as superfree.

Good luck with it tho xx

i was in Belfast last weekend and the spring continental market is on, it's every slimmers worst nightmare with all the lovley food and sweeties!

Maverick - i know about the 1/3 veg at every meal, i dont like most veg so struggling to get it in but i am aware that it is very important in the plan. I am going to try harder with it though.

well done on your weigh-in result

i was in Belfast last weekend and the spring continental market is on, it's every slimmers worst nightmare with all the lovley food and sweeties!

Maverick - i know about the 1/3 veg at every meal, i dont like most veg so struggling to get it in but i am aware that it is very important in the plan. I am going to try harder with it though.

Oooo i love the continental market! The first time I was in Belfast was neary Christmas time and the market was on. Maybe I'll treat myself.. depending on how I do this week and next hehe :D

havn't kept record of my food intake since last post but have been good, even at the weekend - went for an italian and cinema on sat night and made healthy choices, even managed to steer clear from the popcorn, although i felt slightly deprived :(

Weigh in again tomorrow night so hoping for a loss, fingers crossed.

I think i read somewhere that an alpen light bar are a HEB? Am i right?

Food for today 07.06.11

Fruit salad & muller light
Beef stirfry
Peach & Alpen light bar
Bacon sandwich (2 slices nimble - HEB)
Packet of quavers and 3 choc fingers (9 1/2 syns)
Diet coke

havn't kept record of my food intake since last post but have been good, even at the weekend - went for an italian and cinema on sat night and made healthy choices, even managed to steer clear from the popcorn, although i felt slightly deprived :(

Weigh in again tomorrow night so hoping for a loss, fingers crossed.

I think i read somewhere that an alpen light bar are a HEB? Am i right?

Food for today 07.06.11

Fruit salad & muller light
Beef stirfry
Peach & Alpen light bar
Bacon sandwich (2 slices nimble - HEB)
Packet of quavers and 3 choc fingers (9 1/2 syns)
Diet coke

You can have 2 alpen lights as one HEB :D are you doing a red day today? If so you have another alpen light to go or if doing EE you could syn your alepn light bar, it's only 3 syns.

Well done resisting the popcorn... bet you won't feel deprived when you get on the scales!

Can't wait to hear how you get on hon. I got my 4 stone award this week, at last!!

I do the EE plan, i just realised i had to syn the alpen light as i had the bread, but i'll no for future reference about 2 being a HEB!

Congrats on your loss, 4 stone is a massive loss and u should be very proud.

I lost 2 pounds tonight, consultant said it would have been 3 or 3.5 as i was wearing heavy jeans and i usually wear leggings, so i'll be going back in my leggins next week!

Food for today 08.06.11

Srawberries, blueberries and orange with muller light.

Chicken and blackbean sauce with extra veg and boiled rice from chinese (5 syns i think)?

Alpen light & an orange

Could have been better today, had work right after class so didnt have time to cook :(

Hurrah for your loss Aus-bound! Good for you :-D Your food diary looks pretty saintly considering it was weigh in day. Think lots of people get a bit flexi with the syns on weigh day hehe

Hope you're feeling positive and motivated for the upcoming week. I want to be an angel this week ready for my trip to Belfast next weekend. Thanks for your encouragement too :)

Well done aus-bound, great loss! We started about the same time! You're sticking to plan really well! Yes, wear leggings next week because it should make you have a really big loss - so motivating!

Congratulations on your move, it's really exciting moving to another country, but I know how busy it gets sorting everything out. There are lists available for Australian free foods, basic syns inc some branded stuff and HEs, so make sure you get those if you haven't already. Hope you have a really good week this week!:)

Thanks for the support, this forum is brilliant, im ao glad i came across it!

Fit4hols - thanks for that. I will be continuing with SW when i move as i know if i dont i will probs put the weight back on, i will be sure to take a look at those lists.

Today's food- 09.06.11

Fresh pineapple
Turkey breast, potatoes, beans & more pineapple
Alpen light
Some more pineapple
Bacon sandwich, 2 nimble (HEB) wee bit of brown sauce (dont know syns?)
quavers (5 syns)
2 cups of tea with one sugar in each (2 syns) milk from allowance
A nectarine

I can feel myself getting into a routine of eating the same things (bacon, quavers and alpen lights nearly every night) so i am going to try to vary it a bit more and mabye try a few SW recepies. I also know i need to eat more veg as fruit is high in sugar. I am a picky eater and a crap cook so we'l see how that goes :eek:

Back