First Day On Xenical!

Hello Guys :)
I'm 18 years old and i live in south Wales.
I got put on xenical diet tablets by my GP back in 2011 and have never touched them.
I was to scared of the side affects as i have heard that they arnt to pleasent, But today i decided to give them a go :)
I Weigh 14.2stone and im 5.9ft... so yes i am a big girl.
Ive been unhappy with my weight for a while now.
Once a slim size 8-10 i am now a size 16-18...
Comfart eating being my big downfall and other factors i found putting on weight such as medication as i suffer from BiPolar and Gynalogical problems.

Im so unhappy with the way i look and i generally am slim everywhere else apart from my stomach.
I have small arms, long thing legs but i am probably the most pear shapped person you will ever meet haha!
I Just cant stand having a belly that hangs over my jeans and massive hips.

My Goal is to get down to a size 10-12 and weight at 10-11stone.
I Think that will be approoriate for my height.

My first day has gone well. Ive suffered from mega cravings and its been hard to leave the biscuit tin alone but ive been filling up on water insted :)
For dinner i had tomatoe and basil soup and then for tea i have pork and vegtable goulash.

I have a few questions to ask so please it would be a great help if you could answer them :D

QUESTIONS.
What type of foods are best to eat on xenical?
How have all you guys coped?
How quickly am i expected to loose weight?

Thanks for taking the time to read/answer my questions and i hope to here from you all soon :) Rhiannon!xxx

photo.php

Hi the best thing to remember about all food when eating is the 5g per 100g rule - when you look at the back of a packet you need to be looking at the total amount of fat per 100g column. If it is 5g or less you can eat it, if over 5g then there is a very high possibility of side effects happening. (tango - due to colour in the toilet)

2nd rule 15g fat max per main meal (assuming 3 meals a day)

3rd rule max 45g per day

All of this is easy to track on a web site myfitnesspal.com which is also a free phone app..

So when cooking try to change to fry light oil spray, extra lean beef mince, lean cuts of meat, fish, extra light mayo, low fat yogurts, diet soda. 2-3 litres water a day loads fruit and veg
Some weightwatches things like pizza fit within the rules, tesco lighter choicer meals are nice. Oven chips are within the rules as long as cooked in the oven :)

Really you can eat loads of stuff, just avoid the high fat things..

Best of luck on your journey.
I noticed you're slightly below the minimum bmi for being prescribed xen, but perhaps your GP made that decision. From what you say, you have challenges in your life that have contributed to how you eat. I hope you are getting good support with your physical and mental health. I would say that xen helps alot of us make better food choices, otherwise we suffer the consequences (see the stickies). Though it's not a miracle pill. Just taking the pill won't make you lose weight, or feel happy. Mis-behave has gaven you fantastic advice. If you follow it, you should find that you lose weight. Initially you might see pretty encouraging losses. Then it might slow a little, but hopefully be steady. I hope you understand that I am not trying to put you off, just to be realistic about what to expect. When we feel down, we can pin on our hopes on xen helping us lose weight quickly and leaving us with the body we dreamed of. It can help you lose weight. Exercising to support this can also have a positive impact on your mood. It's great that you have taken the time to research what you're doing, and have thought long and hard before starting xen. We are all here to support each other, so keep in touch with us x

Back