FIRST DAY TODAY

T25Tasha

Just eating my bar, toffe, nut and raisen. Mmm, not the best thing I have eaten.

I have already drink 1/2 litre of water but I have added a smigen of lime juice as I can't stand water. Hopefullt that will be ok, I know I shouldn't but its litterally a tiny bit!!

I think I am going to struggle!!

Hope you get on well Tasha, im on Day 3 and feeling good, I've just had the shakes so far to get into it. Tried a Mint choc last night and it wasnt bad at all!

Supposedly day 3 & 4 are the hardest, so just keep strong!

Mint choc sounds nice. Is that a shake or bar?? I have only got banana, choc, vanilla and strawberry.

I have mushroom soup for dinner.

Do you add the water to the powder or the other way round?

have you done the diet before?

Hi Tash, the mint choc is made using a peppermint tea bag, so last night before I went to bed I boiled the kettle and put a peppermint tea bag in my measuring jug with 2 sucralose sweeteners, poured in the 250mls water then I put in an extra 100mls of cold so it wasnt too hot in the blender then put the powder in with the mixture and blended it, was a very nice frothy minty hot chocolate!

I did two days and then just had some shakes here and there whilst I was trying to restart. But restarted properly on Saturday.

Last edited:
Thats sounds excellent. I dont know how you think of these ideas, I wouldn't think of that in a million years!!!
I am going to try that as I didn't enjoy my milkshake at all today :-(
I have to say the thought of doing this for 5/6 weeks isn't appealing BUT I have to think long term - thin thin thin!!!!

Thanks, quite a few ideas there.

DO honestly enjoy the soups and shakes? I had mushrooms soup today, the first mouthfl I thought oooh thats not too bad, halfway through the bowl, I felot a bit sick. They just taste of cream but not nice cream!! Is it just me???

Hi i started today and had the thai chicken loved it !! will try a shake tomorrow, did notice a taste of cream thou lol x

I haven't got that soup as I only bought a weeks supply to see if I liked it. Think I am cheating abit though as I am adding a tiny bit of juice to my water just to take the edge off. I can honestly say I am not hungry though, just fancy something.

Day 2 tonorrow............. think I will have the shake for breakfast, get it over and done with and have the bar at lunch, that might be a better way of doing it.

hi T235tasha i can honestly tell you i myself think the packs are vile ,but i think in time our tastes will change ,our bodies will be grateful even for these vile tasting space food lol its a great chance for us to retrain our taste buds, im thankful that the shakes are not 2 sweet cuz my biggest problem was sweet food and crisps, im hoping that complete abstinance from all these tastes and textures will at last give me a chance to stick to a completley different diet than what ive been addicted to for 5 years ,

Thanks, quite a few ideas there.

DO honestly enjoy the soups and shakes? I had mushrooms soup today, the first mouthfl I thought oooh thats not too bad, halfway through the bowl, I felot a bit sick. They just taste of cream but not nice cream!! Is it just me???

I'm with you Tasha, I've just started and couldn't eat the mushroom soup - disgusting, lol. Good luck with it.

Just eating my bar, toffe, nut and raisen. Mmm, not the best thing I have eaten.

I have already drink 1/2 litre of water but I have added a smigen of lime juice as I can't stand water. Hopefullt that will be ok, I know I shouldn't but its litterally a tiny bit!!

I think I am going to struggle!!

hi hope your getting on ok i wouldnt add lime as it can affect ketosis cos of the citris some people get water flavourings too add il try and find the link so you can see which ones. good luck

hi hope your getting on ok i wouldnt add lime as it can affect ketosis cos of the citris some people get water flavourings too add il try and find the link so you can see which ones. good luck

Hello did you manage to find the link. I looked in Boots the other day at the baby flavourings!!! They all had carbs in though.

Doing well I think. I feel really good, lots of energy and I have lost 5lbs in the first 6 days which I am happy about. My official WI day is Monday. Fingers crossed I will have lost a bit more by then.

I am going to start exercising again as from Monday as I gave it a miss this week as it was my first week and I didn;t know how I would feel.

sorry il look now as i had the sick bug for 2 days and i totaly forgot im off to find it now hun

hi ive found this Originally Posted by AbbieK
A friend on Exante told me I can drink diet drinks without citric acid (and something else I think). What does everyone else drink?

Try as I might, I really don't like water!

I drink buckets of ...

Apple
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=266453177

Strawberry
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=266452852

Both are malic acid not citric - BEWARE other flavors and makes use Citric though

Its a minefield out there :¬)

theres also mention of a champaigne flavour one but you might need to send starlight a private message to find out where from. hope that helps hun.

im not really a flavoured water person i just drink it plain and have my green tea with nettle at the same time i have my shakes.

Back