Step 1 Sole Source First day..urghhh

Goodness! Are you sure you are not me? :eek: My munchkin booboo baby boy arrived in January!!! he's 7 and a half months and very angry at me right now for reigning in the breast after my CC frowned at me severely for even contemplating CWP with him still nursing. When I went in to see her for supplies, i had weaned him for a grand total of drumroll.......2 days :D. I broke down and fed him last night though when he practically wrestled with me at 3.00am, but it seems he's finally getting the message since he took just a few sips and zonked off back to sleep. I guess its the comfort he was really after all along. He's highly distracted during the day while I'm at work with other activities and fully hooked on solids and formular. It's just those mid-night feasts that's the problem now. We no longer co-sleep and that helps. I also have his formular handy so after the comfort sip, on to the bottle immediately. I'm certain he will be totally off by the time I go for my first weigh in on Saturday.

Oo what date in January? Mine was the 11th, she's been quite poorly since birth and we have had a nightmare but she is coming out the other side of it now it's just weaning causing issues.

Funnily enough the night time comfort feed has also been a issue here

Wtf! My boy is Jan 11 too! I'm off to go check a mirror! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

He was born 1.10 pm, Friday afternoon. One of the longest afternoons of my life. I passed out after he was born, lost a lot of blood, and went about with a catheter for a week. But all that is now history. What a serious co-incidence! Our kids are "twins"

What's up with your lo? Why is she poorly?

Aw she was born at 9.31 am weighed 6lbs4oz I had elective section at 38 weeks,

They are twins! Wow what are the chances! I am actually so shocked.

Its a long story, but in a nut shell when she was 2 weeks old she stopped poo'ing by herself, we went through a ridiculous range of things as she also had severe silent acid reflux she even had an mri scan and an eeg as it was so bad they thought she was having fits when she had an acid attack we spent in total about 9 weeks in 3 different hospitals running all different kinds of tests and trying to figure out what was wrong.

She had an operation about 3 months ago which they put botox into her bum and took a bowel sample, that helped for a while but then she went back to not poo'ing by herself, the only way we could make her go was with a suppository she doesn't get constipation but she just wasn't able to push it out.

Now she can push poo out, however is pumped full of a ridiculous amount of medication to make it happen, she is only 13lbs still, she is under another dr for her development as she is very far behind on everything hence why we are still not weaned as she is unable to do it all. We will have to wean her off the medicine eventually and have been told if she doesn't Continue to poo after she's off it the next thing is a colostomy bag. Which we don't want!

Sleep is zero to an hour on a good night and she literally is attached to my hip or she cries!

That sounds like a very traumatic labour, I had a crappy one with my first. Was you in hospital the whole time you were on a catheter?

Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that, poor you! And poor little one. I hope it all comes out well in the end, sincerely.

No, I was sent home after 3 days in the hospital. I had to move around with my bag of urine for a week. Horrible ureter tear, almost wrecked my bladder too. Thank God it's all healed beautifully now

Wow, bless you. When I was 10 weeks pregnant with her my placenta blocked the bladder and I couldn't pass urine I had to catheter at home. It was not a fun time.

What does your boy do, does he sit/crawl? Is he weaning ok?

I like to see what others are doing around the same age as drs go by the text book. My friend has a 4 month old who is practically sitting up & can stand on her legs!

He sits, and climbs all over me. He hasn't quite mastered crawling yet but he gets around somehow! Rolling, climbing over things and lunging forward. Today he crawled 2 steps then sat down feeling very proud of himself haha. He seizes every chance to scoot down from my laps to the floor and stand till his little legs get tired . He eats all sorts of solids in purée form since no teeth yet. How about yours?

I'm off to make a maple & pecan porridge! Will be right back!

She rolls. Thats about it, she is definitely behind but I don't know if she is also lazy if you know what I mean, if I sit behind her and prop her up she is happy to play and grab things but shows no interest in doing it alone,

I was weaning her in a car seat but she was to frustrated so i have a special high chair on order.

Its definitely a turning point when they are more mobile, my 3 year old is so independent i sometimes beg for cuddles lol.

Eeek porridge, let me know how it tastes!

The porridge actually tastes like Quaker oats on steroids not bad at all.but small. This is a big wake up call on portion sizes

Last edited:
From what you posted it seems she's on target for her age! Relax, mama and stop worrying too much! Enjoy her babyhood, they grow up so fast! This is my last, hopefully and already feeling very nostalgic when I see the pile of clothes he has outgrown already. He's not so big, more of tall and lanky. He's around 8kgs not so sure of the lbs equivalent; 16 lbs or thereabouts, he still wears a lot of 3-6 months clothes and is still in size 3 diapers. But his doctor says he is ok so I've quit worrying!

Last edited:
I know what you mean about portion sizes its a running joke here when there is food left in pans we have run out of 'fat ******* plates' lol I think humour is the only way through these mind blowing experiences.

I had really bad tummy ache last night which I think may of been my stomach shrinking.

I am going to try get the baby to bed later this week as 5 am starts are too much when I didn't get to bed till gone 11 after the evening feed. It will be easier as I will be able to distract her due to not eating dinner.

She is definitely 100% the last one I am even considering sterilisation to make sure :eek:

Your boy sounds about the same as her, shes in 3- 6 months and size 3 she is on the 9th centile if that counts for anything, I am very small (height wise) so I can see why she would be our 3 years old is huge like her dad who is 6ft4! She will definitely out grow me by 16 lol.

How do you feel today? I don't think I could stomach porridge its the texture. :)

Ha ha! My kids always turn out small at first then boom, they end up being the tallest in their class! So I'm not worried. He's actually the biggest so far in terms of birth weight 3.5kg around 7 pounds thereabouts. My first 2 where 2.7 and 3.2 kg respectively. I'm 5ft10, 6 on heels my hubby is practically my height too lol, so obviously the small genes are his and the big ones mine ha ha.

Day 2 of sole source and I'm feeling high!!! I've chugged a litre of water already and will be launching a toffee and walnut shake anytime soon.

How about you?

Ps: I'm jealous of your shrinking tum #wink wink

I thought mine would both be little as I am just 5ft but obviously that didn't work out with the first she was big all my fat is from being pregnant with her, with the second I actually lost 2 stone being sick and in hospital which I have maintained but not done any thing about the excess until now of course :):)

I have had water tea and my strawberry shake, the last 2 days I have been able to lay in bed and not move so its been do able..

Today husband is back to work and I was up with baby in the night. Moving and running around with the kids is making me feel terrible I hope I can get through today!

I have peeled oranges and made toast and It felt like torture!

Glad you have the good feeling!

Tomorrow will be better! (Famous last words!)

Where in the country are you if you don't mind me asking?

I totally feel you on the toast thingy...I walked into my office a few minutes ago and was greeted by the smell of toasted sandwiches filled with egg, sardine, tomatoes, pepper....ah! torture :D. I just smiled it off and mixed my toffee and walnut shake, which by the way tastes wonderful! It seems I may actually take an unhealthy liking to these Cambridge sachets, they actually do taste nice! I also have a mug of tetleys tea on my table with one canderel sweetener tablet and a 1 litre bottle of nestle water to keep me till my next sachet - a soup! Leek and something, I forgotten the name, lol.

Back