First day!!

Littlestar_kc

Hi all it's my first day on induction phase and to be honest feeling nervous.

Im feeling the need for a milky cuppa and thinking of an alternative, Please can you tell me if I can have a hot drink made up of Fresh lemon juice and honey with hot water?? maybe sweetener? X

Im not an expert, but dont think honey will be allowed. I have been drinking Vanilla Rooibos Tea, which is decaffeinated, and doesnt need sugar because the vanilla gives it a sweet flavour. Dont think it has carbs, but my weight loss has been good so it hasnt affected me.

Im also starting today. Didn't realise I was as im doing SW but only had a banana and a cup of tea so far today (both not allowed on atkins) but I don't think one banana on day 1 will hinder my loss. Just about to make myself an omelette. Good luck x

I use unsweetened soy milk in my tea. Don't like it in coffee so use double cream.

Honey is a no-no. Sweetener is fine. Atkins reckon Splenda is best. Don't forget to count the carbs tho.

I use unsweetened soy milk in my tea. Don't like it in coffee so use double cream.

I tried some cream in my coffee recently, but I found it gave it a horrible sour, metalic taste and smell. You could smell it as soon as you poured it in. Am I missing something? Do you have to allow the coffee to cool first, or could it be the type of cream I'm using (Elmlea double cream)?

I've been craving tea too, but can't drink it black, so I'm glad I stumbled across this. I'm going to look out for the soy milk :)

Make sure u get the un-sweetened soy. There's a huge difference in carbs. Then add ur own sweetener if u want it.

I think emlea has more carbs than normal full fat double cream.

I have drunk more coffee with cream during this first fortnight than I ever did before. Always used to drink coffee and tea black. I've got unsweetened soya milk in the fridge....not tried it yet but it's hut so o worries;)

I tried some cream in my coffee recently, but I found it gave it a horrible sour, metalic taste and smell. You could smell it as soon as you poured it in. Am I missing something? Do you have to allow the coffee to cool first, or could it be the type of cream I'm using (Elmlea double cream)?

I've been craving tea too, but can't drink it black, so I'm glad I stumbled across this. I'm going to look out for the soy milk :)

I thought Elmea was artificial cream? I use fresh double cream.

Claire's correct - it has more carbs than fresh cream.. I only use it if I'm absolutely desperate ! Lol x

Fresh cream is loads lower :) Just get regular full fat fresh cream. Double is marginally lower than single. But both lots lower than emlea.

I picked some fresh cream up last night (indeed it is considerably lower in carbs than Elmlea!) and tried it in my coffee this morning. And what d'ya know...? No metallic taste! Hehe.

Also picked some unsweetened soy milk up to try in tea and it's actually nicer than regular milk. I don't think I could drink it on it's own, but it gives the tea a slightly nutty taste. Yummy!

Have you tried Kara coconut milk? It doesn't taste anything like coconut milk, more like ordinary milk! 1.9 carbs per 100ml. Tesco sell it by the soya and other alternate milks on the shelf.

The unsweetened soya I get is asda smart price only about 60p for a litre and it's only 0.5g carbs per 250ml. It's in the UHT section.

I wouldn't recommend eating bananas on Atkins, lots of sugar in them.

IwannaBaMiniMe said:
Have you tried Kara coconut milk? It doesn't taste anything like coconut milk, more like ordinary milk! 1.9 carbs per 100ml. Tesco sell it by the soya and other alternate milks on the shelf.

That sounds good I saw this when I was at tesco's last time. is it ok on induction? X

Back