Total Solution First Day >.<

JustForMe

Gold Member
I'M DETERMINED TO STOP FEELING FAT!

Okay, it's my first day on this... I have done a similar diet before and I lost nearly 5 stone and over they years it has all crept back on :(.

Oh well, new day and a new start. My ultimate goal weight is 150lbs but I'm doing it in stages.

Task 1. Reach 200lbs, just 37lbs to to go!

The hunger pangs and first few days on this type of diet did get shut off to the back of my mind, I have not missed it... I'm just wondering if anyone has any helpful hints and tips to get through it? I'm soon off for a very long shift at work and near vending machines... They seem to be my downfall.

Time for the first shake, hopefully will update later! Thanks for all the support and encouragement I know I'm going to get in advance :D

Hello and welcome! :D

No specific tips other than stay with it and it will work.

The first few days are the hardest then it gets so much easier.

Good luck on your journey! :)

Hi Kels, you've done it before so at least you know you can do it. The cravings can be bad for a few days but just keep the vision of where you want to be in your mind and they will pass. As for the vending machines - if possible don't take any money with you! If you have to then just have notes and your bank card ;)
I know everyone bleats on about water but I'm gonna do the same - it really does help with the hunger to some extent but will mostly just help stop a lot of the yukky feelings that can happen in the first few days. I also found that if you feel crazy hungry then a small amount of protein to nibble on in the first few days does help.
Window shopping online for some nice new things that you'll soon be able to wear will also keep you motivated :) Be strong and it will get easier in a couple of days x

This was one of my biggest motivators. I found a picture of me that literally made me cringe and want to look away when I looked at it. I saved it to my desktop on my PC, and every time I felt hungry I looked at that picture, and its amazing how suddenly you lose your apetite when you remember why you're on the diet in the first place!

Once you feel your clothes getting looser, and the comments start coming in, then it just naturally gets easier to stick with, and then once you get in a routine and it all becomes a habit, you'll be sailing through it. Good luck!

Hello and welcome! :D

No specific tips other than stay with it and it will work.

The first few days are the hardest then it gets so much easier.

Good luck on your journey! :)

Hi,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

I used to be such a huge poster on here, everyone is so friendly and supportive I forgot how awesome this place is.

Day 1 is almost over, I think I'm going to have an early night and keep away from food!

:]

Lots of luck to you, Just for me, today is Day one for me too.

Oo, day one is always the worst. Good luck on your journey too!
Keep me update on your progress, I was always a nosy parker! :)

Hi Kels, you've done it before so at least you know you can do it. The cravings can be bad for a few days but just keep the vision of where you want to be in your mind and they will pass. As for the vending machines - if possible don't take any money with you! If you have to then just have notes and your bank card ;)
I know everyone bleats on about water but I'm gonna do the same - it really does help with the hunger to some extent but will mostly just help stop a lot of the yukky feelings that can happen in the first few days. I also found that if you feel crazy hungry then a small amount of protein to nibble on in the first few days does help.
Window shopping on-line for some nice new things that you'll soon be able to wear will also keep you motivated :) Be strong and it will get easier in a couple of days x

Hi, the fact that I have done it before is one of the things spurring me on the most. I don't want to keep yo-yoing and doing it over and over again. I'm finally in the right mind frame to get this weight off and keep it off.

I didn't actually take money into day and the vending machines have broken, I think the Gods of weight loss are on my side for once ;).

Water really has been my Saviour, I drink a lot at work anyhow but I have gone above and beyond my usual and I'm peeing like a race horse. (Sorry if it's TMI.) I can't wait until my body is used to it! :p

As for shopping I had a girly weekend in Lincoln, the one just gone I have bought a really really nice dress that I'm going to fit into in 8 weeks. *Positive thoughts* It's hung up on my wall so I really do have an aim! :]

This was one of my biggest motivators. I found a picture of me that literally made me cringe and want to look away when I looked at it. I saved it to my desktop on my PC, and every time I felt hungry I looked at that picture, and its amazing how suddenly you lose your apetite when you remember why you're on the diet in the first place!

Once you feel your clothes getting looser, and the comments start coming in, then it just naturally gets easier to stick with, and then once you get in a routine and it all becomes a habit, you'll be sailing through it. Good luck!

I have a super old picture of me somewhere on here from when I was 'big' the first time, I should hunt that down. I tend to avoid having pictures taken of my whole body and I'm kinda lucky my face doesn't really show my weight. Just a shame about the rest of me!

I might take before and after pictures and shame myself, it's a great motivator for some people but I think it will just make me cry. I hate the way I look at the moment, I know I will be better and slimmer but my mindset is just on getting through week one at the moment.

Plus, WOW at the weightloss so far! Well done you!:p

Back