First expperience with slim fast

Your positivity is superb and possibly being so close to target now for you it will be measurements rather than weight,

Yes, I do try to also look at non-scale victories rather than just obssessing with what the scale says. When I was younger it was all about how much I weighed, but I am more concerned about my fitness levels, lean body mass and body fat ratio now which is far more important to your overall health than BMI and weight alone. Indeed there is some controvesy about how relevant BMI is with folks who exercise a lot.......... most athletes are classified as obese by their BMI :eek: (not that I could be described as an athlete in any way, shape, or form :8855:

when I got married 12 yrs ago I was doing weight watchers, and I exercised at least 4 - 5 times a week I was 9stone 2lbs.
My hubbies cousin who I am close to is 3" taller than me, but we shared clothes, we were the same bra size and same shoe size but I was a good stone heavier than her?! I can't figure that out at all lol.

You were probably carrying a lot more muscle than her. Many folks are what the Yanks call "skinny fat" - they weigh the "right amount" but have low lean body mass and a high body fat ratio so they are not particularly healthy neither are their bodies that well toned or strong.

So while I need to loose weight I will be taking notice of the scales but when I get near target I will be looking more at if I feel comfortable, if my clothes feel good on and how I feel in myself and not the exact weight shown on the scales!

Well done you - a much more balanced approach to take - and much more sustainable in the long term too!

To my surprise I have only gained 1lb so I have still lost 7lb in total ( great big smiles)

There you go - not too bad after all - good on you :D

So back to it today, I feel a bit groggie really, I'm sure it's the bread and alcohol and crap consumed in the last 10 days, can't wait to feel better in myself.

I must admit if I overdo the carbs I get very bloated and feel sluggish so I try and keep them down to 40% of my overall calories every day (which 2 shakes and a bit of fruit pretty much uses!).

Goal this week to loose 2 lbs

My goal this week - anything at all would be nice ;)

We can do this !!!!

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good day today couldn't face breakfast, so around 11ish I had a shake, 1 pm had a banana, 3pm 2 plumbs, a shake at 4 pm at 6 pm had tea.
Going swimming tomorrow, going to get my holiday clothes out in a bit and see what I've got, gosh I haven't seen them in such a long time x

Couldn't resist had a sneaky peek on scales this mornin I am now 12st 12lbs so that's 9 lbs gone.
It's really spured me on for the day!
I'm so glad I haven't been affected by low blood sugar crash.
I'm just about to have my shake, at 12 will have banana, 3.30 shake, 5 pm tea followed by low fat yog and an apple.
Hope every one has a good day x

Woo-hoo! Well I don't like to speak too soon as I know that the scales can fluctuate WILDLY with me but let us just say it looks as though I have broken through my plateau after a month and am heading back down again. However, only Friday will tell ;)

Strangely enough though I have have had to increase my calories to acheive this and am eating close to my RMR (around 1450 cals) now rather than the 1360 allowance on the 3-2-1 plan.

Well done annya, it must be great to get through that barrier, good luck for Friday x

Thanks - I not counting my chickens until Friday - the scales do sometimes play mean and evil games with me :eek:

1 more day annya keep on track and stay positive !
My plan for tomorrow.... I've got a very busy day at work so my plan is to have a shake before I go and a banana, lunch I have made up spices cous cous, mixed in it is tomatoes cucumber and celery and some chopped chicken. I've got a small bunch of grapes and 2 small plumbs. When I get home I will have a shake and then I will have a low cal yoghurt and an apple.
I have to watch that my blood sugar doesn't drop when at work as this would be dangerous while driving and also that I don't feel too hungryas i will cave and buy something from the shop.
I must say that I haven't felt too hungry at all while doing SF so if I can stick to plan this will be fantastic x

Being an ex-diabetic (I had a islet cell transplant some year back now that "cured" me) I eat 5-6 small meals or snacks a day. I was diagnosed Type 1 as a child and have eaten that way my whole life so as to try and ward off potential hypos and I find it works well with dieting as I very rarely feel hungry.

My problem is not so much how much I eat but rather my poor food choices - I do love all the sweet sugary stuff and am a demon for nuts of any variety, roasted or raw too!

I had another sneaking peek this morning and the scale still looks to be heading downwards - I am actually getting a bit excited now as I have tried sooooo hard for the past few weeks not to cave in and stuff myself . Plateaus are a real PITA :(but I had been expecting this one for a while! The last one wasn't so bad and I managed to break that after a couple of weeks just being REALLY strict about everything that went in my mouth, but this one has been more stubborn. Hopefully with only a wee bit to go now I won't get another one, but who can tell :confused:

Onwards and downwards for both of us - hope your sugar stays stable and your hunger remains firmly at bay :D

Good luck both of you! I'm weighing in tomorrow too even though I only started on Monday I prefer Friday weigh ins, then I can relax a little at the weekend. I've got to admit I'm not overly excited based on my sneaky peaks, but as long as it's coming off who cares how fast :) xx

The slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off - a scientifically proven fact! As long as it is not a gain I am happy now - not far to go to target and am still losing plenty of inches with the toning and strength exercise so I am fine with that.

As I said, without wishing to put a hex on myself, it looks like my plateau has broken at last, but we are not talking anything spectacular here - probably only pound or so but after 4 weeks of nothing or gaining and losing the same half a pound I will be happy just to see them heading down again.

So so tired today, anything to do with slim fast? I don't know, tbh I don't think I've eaten my full amount today and I am so tired that I've just gotten into bed can't be arsed eating right now. Not so busy tomorrow so will have more time, think I will be a Friday weigher with you two so good luck on the scales tomorrow ladies xx

The more the merrier - good luck to us all :)

Well, after 5 whole weeks in the STS dodrums I have broken my plateau and lost 1.6lbs this week............... hooflamingrah!!

I am hoping this is a trend not a one off - as those of you who have followed my diary know, it's not as if I haven't been at a deficit and exercising too for the past couple of months!

This morning I am 12st 11lbs I can't quite believe it that's 10 lb lost in 2 weeks I am thrilled :)
Annya I hope your plateau has finally been broken how was weigh in this morn for you?
Mcfattybum ( have I got that right??) hope the scales showed a victory this week!
I can't believe I'm only 4 lb off loosing my first stone and hopefully I will get there in a fortnight, all my good plans have gone out of the window to exercise as my daughter has been off school poorly but tomorrow I am going to the gym and will reward myself with a sauna and jacuzzi afterwards!!
I'm just going to have my shake and banana for breakfast now and I will be home just after lunch, tonight it's chicken dinner one of my favorites!hope every one has a good day xx

This morning I am 12st 11lbs I can't quite believe it that's 10 lb lost in 2 weeks I am thrilled :)

Well done - great work :D

Annya I hope your plateau has finally been broken how was weigh in this morn for you?

See below - I lost 1.6lbs - let's hope this is not a one-off and the demon's back is broken again - well at least until the next one ;)
Mcfattybum ( have I got that right??) hope the scales showed a victory this week!
I can't believe I'm only 4 lb off loosing my first stone and hopefully I will get there in a fortnight, all my good plans have gone out of the window to exercise as my daughter has been off school poorly but tomorrow I am going to the gym and will reward myself with a sauna and jacuzzi afterwards!!
I'm just going to have my shake and banana for breakfast now and I will be home just after lunch, tonight it's chicken dinner one of my favorites!hope every one has a good day xx

We have a busy weekend - what was supposed to be a summer BBQ tomorrow will turn into a chilli and curry-fest indoors now because the weather is unbeleivable :rolleyes: I can see my diet slinking out the door :eek: We have great friends coming in from Devon and I am really looing forward to all their stories of the TT - lucky sods got to go this year!

Well done to us all for our losses - keep up the good work :)

Fattymcbigbum.... Look after the pounds and the stones will take care of themselves... You are 1.6 lb closer to being in your next stone bracket and that has to be brilliant news, when loosing weight we are particularly hard on our selves and I am the worst for it lol.
We have all had fab losses let it inspire us to carry on.
Annya, just enjoy it sounds like you haven't seen your friends for a while, you can always get back to it on Monday x

I so wanted to get on the scales this morning but I resisted;) then I thought I will try on my holiday clothes, I know there's no way I will get into them yet and if I don't I would be so disheartened, so I didn't bother. So after the children went to the inlaws I packed my bag and headed off to the health club. I didn't fancy the gym once I got there so I went swimming instead, I did 50 lengths and then treated my self to a steam room and jacuzzi for being so good.
I've had my morning shake, a banana, and am now drinking my afternoon shake.
Not sure what to do for tea tbh haven't got a lot in, need to do a food shop.
Will save my other 2 snacks and may be add the calories to my evening meal but will decide later on
The house is so quiet, hubbies out and about somewhere, the children are having a sleep over its just me and the dog pluses a load of house work, can I be bothered...........
No I don't think I can really lol :0

Back