first few days on RTM

medhurst37

Well the sky didn't fall in, I haven't put on a stone (hopefully) in fact eating was actually uneventful, so I don't know what I have been worried about, but did you all get really excited about thing like lettuce and cabbage, or even sugar free jelly in week 2, I can't wait, or am I just a sad case where there is no hope left, one quick question does anyone recommend a particular yoghurt brand that is particulary low in both fat and cals, I'll keep you updated on how I progress. Thanks for all your support.
Sharon

Well done Sharon

I know what you mean. It's a bit ofan anti-climax at first because all you can have is the protein and then add the salad leaves. It gets harder as youadd more choices and have to decide on portions.
THat's when the control comes in which is the terrifying stage and when I think most people, me included wish they could go back to packs.
But yes - lettuce never tasted so good, fresh, cool and juicy and fruit - addicted to grapes, eating them like sweets - too many. But keeping the weight under goal. Enjoying RTM Week 8 now. Exciting, interesting and still terrifying. Keep waiting to fall off the log !!
GOOD LUCK XXX

Total 0% fat yoghurt is nice, and low cal - but expensive!
Have a look at the selection onf natural live yoghurts on the supermarket shelf, many of them are very low fat and cal.

yes, I love the Total % nonfat greek yogurt...man, is that LUSH. But, it is VERY expensive, and it has been deemed a luxory for the time being so I am doing without and using a mnuch cheaper and not nearly as nice alternative.

I also eat Muller Lite a lot, or any other lowfat yogurt.

I lurve my yogurt. Usually have 2 a day. One at lunch, and then one at night with pomegranate seeds and pumpkin/sunflower/linseed/sesame seed mix for "pudding".

Yum yum. :)

Muller Light is awesome indeed with some raisins.. and I found that I absolutely adore Apple crisps by FruitaBu: the plain ones are only 50 calories per packet and are satisfyingly crunchy!
Those sugar-free jellies were a godsend also, whenever I felt a binge coming on, or a terrible hunger, for some reason that jelly helped alot.. but everyone's different.
Stick to the RTM programme in your book it is quite important.. Just because you CAN have more doesn't mean you need more.. Stick to the meal allowances per day and don't start ignoring your foodpacks! I made that mistake by the end. :p

Looooovely jelly

I made a jelly today from the sunshine orange water flavouring.
Put a couple of spoonfulls in a measuring jug, added 3/4 pint warm water, sprinkled on a sachet of gelatine, made it up to a pint with orange juidce. Put in the fridge to set. Once it started to thicken I stirred in a sliced orange, kiwi fruit and some soaked goji berries, pretty, sharp and legal. Delicious.:party0036:

oh no its definitely not just you that gets excited about salad leaves. I never ate salad before LL I just hated it but now I love it. Have been making a vinigarette type dressing to go on and I love it. Also enjoying the variety of Muller Lite yogurts, and can hightly recommend Total 0% fat greek style yoghurt but will echo what the others say in that its very pricey. Im just about to start Wk 3 RTM so am looking forward to fruit YAY. Am just feeling like im eating too much now and have had no foodpacks yet today even though Im supposed to have 3. Will def have one before bed but this whole programme is a learning curve and we each need to find our own way and path that will suit us...

Sorry Twinny

Can't agree with you.
Foundation - if you stuck with it, it worked.
Development - if you stuck with it, it worked.
RTM - IF YOU STICK WITH IT, IT WILL WORK.
Nearly all the people we know who havwe not been able to maintain their weight loss are those who either didn't do RTM or did it their own way.
I'm on week 8 and am going to stick with it to the end.
LL has been so good for me, I 'm not going to mess with it now.
Good luck to you however you do it.

oh no its definitely not just you that gets excited about salad leaves. I never ate salad before LL I just hated it but now I love it. Have been making a vinigarette type dressing to go on and I love it. Also enjoying the variety of Muller Lite yogurts, and can hightly recommend Total 0% fat greek style yoghurt but will echo what the others say in that its very pricey. Im just about to start Wk 3 RTM so am looking forward to fruit YAY. Am just feeling like im eating too much now and have had no foodpacks yet today even though Im supposed to have 3. Will def have one before bed but this whole programme is a learning curve and we each need to find our own way and path that will suit us...

It does sound like you may be slipping a little.. Don't substitite your foodpacks with food... Measure out your portions, because on Week 3 it's still very much limited as to the amounts.. You still need the nutrients in the packs, have them during the day and have your allowance of food as a meal in itself. If you lose track now, you might not be able to recover and slip back into old habits very quickly ... It's easier fall off the wagon than most people realise.

Good luck. x

Im feeling like Im eating too much but I dont think I really am. Its just weird eating after abstinence for so long and having a yoghurt mid morning then a meal of a piece of fish with what feels like an enormous salad, followed by a small pot of sugar free jelly just feels like tons of food to me. Ive never deviated from the programme so far and agree that it works completely as long as you dont stray. Ive now lost 8 stone and there was no room for cheating in that time! Im conscious of the fact that I only had 1 foodpack yesterday whereas I should have had 3 but will make sure that doesn't happen today! But there are going to be days when we eat too much and days when we eat too little - thats life and we need to learn how to deal with it :D

I totally agree that you need to find your own way. I think it just depends on what your triggers are.Whilst I found the first 3 weeks of RTM fantastic, I just didn't need the phased approach after that. Everything has been on the menu for me for nearly 3 weeks and all is going fine. :)

I'm going to complete the plan (time wise) and am still having 2 foodpacks a day but just working them into my meal plan/calories. I can't believe I'm about to say this but the old chestnuts of 'eat less, move more' and 'everything in moderation' is really working for me. I'm certain that RTM is a good plan but I get the feeling it's much more focused towards ex food addicts and binge eaters. I was neither. Whilst I certainly had emotional eating issues I worked them out a long time ago. My problems were much more behavioural and based around bad habits. I deffo had the exception and the rule the wrong way around for example.

I do wonder if the RTM phase of LL for Men needs a little work.

Last edited:
I don't know.. My boyfriend was on LL for Men, and he enjoyed his RTM.. He did sneak a few things in a week early maybe, but he kept losing weight until Week 9 or so... So RTM for Men probably needs to be adjusted better in my opinion.
12 weeks can be reduced to 8 I think as well, it seems very drawn out. While I followed RTM to the full extent, the main lessons that I had to learn with my eating habits definitely happened within the first 2-3 weeks. But I know it's a personal thing, some individuals do discover that they can't handle carb foods at all and hadn't realised the problem before.. I guess as long as you're careful and aware of how different foods affect you, then you'll be fine.

Back