First Hurdle and i dont start till tomorrow....

KateR

Gold Member
Hey guys!

After discovering this forum i finally bit the bullet and got the Lipotrim stuff from the chemist this afternoon... I went in there all positive and 100% sure it wouldnt be that bad. When i weighed in at over 16 1/2 stone :cry:i was really shocked... i honestly thought that i was about 2 st lighter than this.

To no longer be even in the overweight category with my BMI i need to be about 10 1/2 stone... Is loosing 6st totally unrealistic? Has anyone shifted that much weight? How long does that sort of a weight loss take. Argh so many questions and i havent even started yet. I just want to go into this with my eyes fully open so i dont get disheartened and look for excuses to quit!

Kate x

Hi KateR,
Welcome, you are doing the right thing. Look at it a stone at a time, don't look at the big picture. I am 7 weeks in and have lost 3 stone to date. I have approx 6 stone left to lose and feel it is possible. There have been many on here who have lost 6 and more so don't feel alone. Look at the refeed forum, there will be people on there and you can see what they have lost. Come on here as often as you can and you will get all th support you need. Wishing you all the best for the first week.
Doirin

Hi honey.

I lost 6st 8lbs in 21 weeks on tfr - that was doing the diet 100% but if you have blips then it will take longer. Also the smaller you are to start the longer it will take i reckon.

You shouldnt listen to the bmi stuff anyways, personally i think its bullcrap! Get to a weight and size you feel comfy with :)

Take the time to have a look through all the threads on here- there are loads of women who've lost that amount (some more!) and loads who are currently well on their way to losing that amount! Read Sumergurls journey in particular- she's lost her weight since the start of this year, and her story is truly inspiring.
I realise you might have had an awful shock this morning. I know I was in denial about my weight for a long long time, thinking I didn't 'look too bad', but I really was kidding myself. Use that feeling to help inspire you to keep to LT 100%- you'll need motivation, and a LOT of it to get you through the first week or two, but after that the losses will keep you going. Once you see that the weight will come off you'll be flying!
Don't get me wrong. It IS hard, it WILL be tough going, but if you're completely aware of all the pitfalls- and are determined to lose this weight once & for all- then you WILL get there, I believe that 100%!
Good luck!

LOL! @ Summer- she beat me to it!!

Hi Kate-r . See thats what i love about this diet, nothing is unrealistic. Lipotrim average a girl should lose a stone a month (usually works out a little bit more) . But as Doirin says take it one step at a time, look at the smaller picture, set your self goals and remember the first wk is the hardest, plus after the first wk most people start noticing the difference !! And that my dear is more encouragement than anyone or anything can give you!! Don’t be worrying about your current weight and say to your self, ok I may be this now, but that is the last time I will ever weigh this… EVER! Believe you and me you are not the first person who has gotten a fright when they stepped up on them scales and you definetly wont be the last!! Best of Luck and Well done on taking the first step to a newer slimmer you! Jxxx

HI Kate,

This is my 2nd time doing Lipotrim TFR and by far my most successful.

I can only attribute that success to the wonderful support on this forum..

Keep popping in here its brilliant.

Good Luck!

This is a wonderful place! i'm glad you feel it will motivate you when you are hungry! it does for me.

I'm 6 weeks into my journey to lose 11 stone - so you only have half my journey - but i totally understand how daunted you are. after your first weigh in you will believe it is well and truly possible if you stick to it 100%. i keep waiting to be disappointed at a weigh in because i know it will slow down, but hopefully as i am still near the beginning of my journey it is staying very constant and excellent!!

good luck and let us know how you're getting on!!

Read Sumergurls journey in particular- she's lost her weight since the start of this year, and her story is truly inspiring.

Awwww Irish!!!!!

You can definitely lose 6 stone :)
I started at 19.5 stone in early March - and now I've lost over 5 stone!

Don't think too much of the end goal, when you're starting - instead celebrate the weekly losses and other events like fitting into the next size down. Thinking of losing your total loss (so, for me, 9 stone) might feel like too much of a moun tain to climb, but it is certainly achievable.

Go for it!!!

Hi Kate

I cant really add much more to what everyone has said...I have been on LT for 6 weeks and almost at my 2 stone mark. I have compulsive eating disorder, underactive thyroid and hormone problems, and where other diets didnt work very quickly with me, this one has!

It is a great diet; albiet hard.....just keep drinking your water and stick to it 100% and you wont be disappointed.

Have a great week and we all look forward to your WI next week.

Take care

Hi and best of luck you can easy do it

Set yourself mini goals rather than one big one to make it easier and give you more motivaion

best of luck

You can do it,i weighed in at 17.8lb and when i ended i weighted 9 stone 12lb so i did it!
Although ive let myself go on and put on 2 stone but im getting myself back on track.
xxxx

Thanks everyone!

I have just had my very first shake and well it was urm... not exactly tastey but i do kinda feel very proud of myself right now! I know i havent lost any weight yet or anything but i feel like im on the right road if that makes sense?

At a conference today in a lovely hotel in a lovely part of the world... Massive lunch laid on for us... but today was the day i picked to start so i shall observe from afar! hehe (plus im in Buxton where the mineral water comes from so i really have no excuse not to drink enough!)

Well thats enough ramblings from me this morning. You guys truely are inspirational!

Have wonderful Tuesdays everyone! x

Good luck Kate - those buffets can look good, i have lots to go to in my work too. Just think how great you'll look and feel as you continue on your journey.

You can do it!

Hiya Kate!!

Welcome to Lipotrim and the forum!

I cant add much more to what has been said, Morbibbubblewrap has done amazingly and has lost over 11 stone!!!

You can do it chick!!

Good luck today :) and yup sips of water and i found black coffee was brilliant for keeping my hunger pangs at bay :) xxx

Hun I was 19st and got down to 10st in 6months!!
You'll shift it in no time at all, keep up you positivity!

P.S- as you can see, I did put alot of the weight back on but this is 1.because I was in hospital and they made me eat three full meals when I shoulda been on maintanance 2. I went back to my old ways massivley
It was never the fault of LT.

The fact is, it can be done and you m'dear can do it!!
xx

hi kate and welcome to minis, just take it 1wk at a time and don't worry about the total amount you have to lose. keep your water by your side at all times and make sure you log on here daily (hourly if needed lol) for help and support. i lost 5st in a matter of 14wks so as you can see it really does work. good luck

Hi Hun, welcome and good luck.

6st is definitely doable. I started at over 18 stone and got down to under 10. Alas, like many others I have put some back on but I'm on the case to shift that. It is not LT's fault but rather my hectic life and lack of time to shop for and prepare the yummy salads I was having!!!!! I blame having 3 children!!! Lol!!! (I am mum's taxi!)

The shakes can taste strange at first, I was told it was the vits and minerals, but your taste buds will change and you will find you rather like them! I started with just the strawberry ones but ended up loving all 3 shakes (couldn't hack the soup!)

Good luck.

x

Back