First meeting Fee

So far my CD has been great - she is very warm and welcoming,calls me weekly and answers all my questions on email v quick. I dont mind the £10 part, and I dont mind paying up front as I know where she lives after all!! As all CD's are 'licensed' by Cambridge, if anything dodgy did occur then I guess they would cover it??

Same with me no joining fee! Just paid for what I needed.

I got the shaker in with my pack. Maybe my CD has had a bad experience so gets people to pay up front?

Dont understand what bad experience might leave them out of pocket?

You pay upfront for your weeks packs anyway. I go on a Thur buy my packs for that week, return the following week and buy more.

No where along the line is my CDC out of pocket dealing with me. I can only guess the same applies to all CDC's?

I have to use my petrol to travel to her house weekly not the other way round so she doesnt have to cover travel expenses either.

Hi guys,

I am meeting my CDC for the first time and she has said that she charges a £10 fee for the first meeting, I am just wondering if this is usual.

I don't mind paying but if I don't like her and I have to pay it out again to another CDC I will be gutted!

Thanks for any replies
x
I've never charged a fee for the first meeting.. or for any meeting. The customers just pay for the products they buy

Hi - it was for me too, think its standard. Its a one off charge so after this you dont pay anything else for the weigh in etc. The first weeks payment makes you gulp as its about £70! Starter pack, first meet fee and then advance payment for the following weeks pack...but its worth it if its the start to a new you :) good luck
Advance payment for the following weeks packs??

I think with counsellors being able to charge whatever they want it gets a bit confusing. I don't really understand why they can charge anything they want because if they work from home their costs should be the same across the country.

Its great for those who's CDCs are giving them discounts and freebies but a bit unfair for those paying over the odds.

I don't understand why there isn't some standardisation.

Yes. I first saw her on Saturday 14th June. On that day I paid the £70, and picked up a box of about 25 products, plus the shaker and the books etc. The following Friday I paid £34 and picked up 21 products, Friday just gone (27th) I paid £37 cos I can have bars from next Saturday onwards and they cost more. So the packs I am using this week, I paid for Friday 20th....makes sense?? Either way, it sounds like I am in the minority with this, but as long as I am getting my packs, being weighed and getting the correct advice from the CD then paying up front isnt much of an issue for me....

I only Paid £37.25 i think for my first week, and it was near enough the same for the second week! Apart from i had 3 bars instead of shakes!
£70 OMG. I never could of afforded that in my first week!

i couldnt either

I only Paid £37.25 i think for my first week, and it was near enough the same for the second week! Apart from i had 3 bars instead of shakes!
£70 OMG. I never could of afforded that in my first week!

Yeah thats what i pay wow £70!!!!!!!

I have only ever paid for what I have had - If I buy 21 packs, I pay for 21 packs. I would have been very much put off if I was asked to pay upfront or a "joining fee" for my first meeting!

Tell you what.. Send me £60 and I will supply you with the packs I buy at the price from my CDC :)

You win, I win :)

*joking* btw :)

I got 2 weeks supply for that £70, so thats less than the rest of you are paying isnt it??? I just paid it in one go rather than split as £35 two weeks running! I only pay £34-£37 a week....same as everyone else??

yea its about the same

I spoke to my mum who is the person who actually called her and apparently the £10 includes a shaker and a few other things so that is all good.

Still think universal pricing is the way forward, there must be some reason they don't do it I'm can't see what it is.

I just view the £10 like this - I had £10 in my purse on a Friday night. That would have normally gone straight into the chippy's till....I would have been £10 poorer and 1lb heavier....so yes, I might now still be £10 poorer but I am 12lbs lighter...money well spent whichever way you look at it so I am happy... I think lol...

Ok just to confirm that as a CDC we are all independent from the company and hence can charge what we wish in terms of packs and also services.

The company do have a recommended retail price for their products but are not allowed to say that we must charge that otherwise you get into all this price fixing stuff that the football shirt scandal last year was.

Anyway I don't charge any first time meeting fee and just charge RRP for the packs people buy on the day they visit for that week but other CDC's do it there way.

As with all of us as a customer you can choose which counsellor offers you the best value both in terms of cost and also (more importantly!) support in reducing your weight.

My advice to everyone is before you start the diet to phone round all your local counsellors and ask them charges and also what support they offer and see which one you "click" with best and then go with that.

Whichever and whatever you decide the diet is highly effective and does what it says on the tin but as a consumer if you are unhappy that they charge an initial consultatation fee then go to their website or call 0800 161412 and I am sure you will a different counsellor who won't.

Mike

I looked about for another, as one was charging £10 fee, and 2 weeks in advance. I found a lady who didn't want a fee or in advance

Back