First meeting tomorrow

slimjellyjen

Hi all,

I'm SO excited to be joining you on my own LL journey. I am 43 years young (!) with a wonderful husband who loves me no mater what shape or size I am and 2 1/2 year old miracle baby who we believed we'd never have... I *know* I'm a lucky lucky lady! I'm starting my journey now to hopefully be a better Mum to my girl -- getting the energy and life back in me to keep up with her, and wife to my lovely hubby by learning to love myself and care more about me and how I really look. I want to be a good role model to her and I want to make him proud of me.

I've been a 'chubby' person for all my adult life, but years of an office job, quitting smoking and pregancy have taken their toll on me and I'm now the fattest (and unhappiest with myself) I've ever been. Time for a change. The above reasons are the excuses I've given myself over the years for my size, but the real reason is dead simple: I'm a comfort/stress/boredom eater and I'm greedy.

So, I've got my first meeting tomorrow night and I'm a little bit nervous but mainly I'm really excited about the new me that's waiting to emerge from the old one.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and the support you all give each other is phenomenal... I hope in a few weeks to be able to start to inspire any other lurkers out there who aren't sure whether or not to take the plunge!

Wish me luck everyone :D, and good losses to all,

Slimjellyjen
Lighter Life Total soon-to-be-newbie

Hey there! So glad to see I'm not the only one who's lurked for ages before getting up the guts to post. I've also got my first meeting tomorrow so we might find we're going through stuff at the same time as it were =D Good luck on your journey and I hope everything goes well for you!!!

Hello Slimjellyjen and Letsgetitgone...
Good Luck to both of you.. The first week is hard but once your through it and you see your weight come off, you'll be so happy...
Just stick to it 100% and you'll see some great results and don't give up!

Take care x

Hi both and welcome, i agree the first week is the hardest but be strong drink plenty and be kind to yourself, have a duvet day when possible as you may need it keep posting and enjoy x

Thanks to Sharnjit and Blodwen, and hi to you letsgetitgone :wavey::wavey::wavey: How was your meeting? Mine was good -- lots to take in and have collected my foodpacks, so am now ready to start tomorrow. The ladies in my group were really welcoming -- I have a good feeling about it all.

welcome - it is always nice to have someone who is starting their journey. All I can say is that in the first week you should take care of yourself. Don't be surprised if you feel a little rough or think that you can't stay the course. Just push through it and within days you will be feeling great. Don't forget the water!

I notice you say that the reasons you put on weight were all to do with things that you do - pregnancy, your job, stopping smoking and worst of all, being greedy. Hopefully through the counselling you will come to realise that blaming outside things or yourself is not helpful. Your journey from now on is to look forward and to acknowledge the habits you need to change but not to blame or berate yourself. You are not a greedy person ( I bet you worked harder at losing weight than anyone else you know - yet you couldn't do it) you just didn't have the right tools. Now you do and you will reach your goal before you know it!

Wow, thanks nzmegs -- that's a really wonderful thing to say. That's why I think this time something might actually snap in my mind -- I need to retrain, not deprive and treat. Day one done now... I have a bit of a headache but that may be TOTM on its way. Porridge wasn't nice but the pea and smoked ham soup was lovely! x

Back