first post and the first steps towards becoming half the person I am!

vick

I'm double my ideal weight for my height :eek: I havent been deluded living in a bubble where I believe I am a single figure size goddess like most of my friends but it stopped me dead in my tracks. How did I get this big?
I've made a decision and joining here today is part of it, I am going to lose this weight by hook or by crook.
So here I am all 21.25 stone of me seeking the support of total strangers in my quest to slim down.... some things the above mentioned single figure size goddess friends just cant understand. However I am wanting to get to a point where I can fully relate to their complete catastrophe's due to their size 10 skinny jeans being a bit snug on a night out :D
My name is Vicki by the way and I'd appreciate any advice tips or SAS swoop teams you want to send my way to stop me eating bad things.

I'm double my ideal weight for my height :eek: I havent been deluded living in a bubble where I believe I am a single figure size goddess like most of my friends but it stopped me dead in my tracks. How did I get this big?
I've made a decision and joining here today is part of it, I am going to lose this weight by hook or by crook.
So here I am all 21.25 stone of me seeking the support of total strangers in my quest to slim down.... some things the above mentioned single figure size goddess friends just cant understand. However I am wanting to get to a point where I can fully relate to their complete catastrophe's due to their size 10 skinny jeans being a bit snug on a night out :D
My name is Vicki by the way and I'd appreciate any advice tips or SAS swoop teams you want to send my way to stop me eating bad things.

Hi Vick :) I'm lou. My start weight was 29 stone (eek) and I am slowly making my way to 25 stone at the mo. it's a long uphill struggle but with support on here I am doing it and so can you :)

Why not join the team 50 june challenge and set yourself a mini goal, then consider joining the team 50 Xmas challenge to lose 50 lbs by Xmas :)

The girls there are lovely :) all very supportive! Good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Vicki and welcome :)

I'm Susie, starting weight just over 23 stone, lost then gained (and gained) on low carb, then found this forum and realised a lot of people were doing really well on calorie counting using my fitness pal (which I love, it really keeps me on track). Started about three months ago, and so far have lost 2 stone, so I'm happy. Put on a shameful 11 lbs after a recent holiday and two weeks after it on the See Food and Eat It diet - but my sneaky daily weigh ins are showing that's nearly gone yaye - and oin my next holiday I'm not going to need a seatbelt extender - my promise to myself.

A few tips to note or ignore as you wish :) -

- You've made the hardest step - making the decision to change your way of eating - so don't worry about what's happened in the past, you're here now and that's the main thing. Je ne regret rien, and all that! :D

- You're also not in a race - slow and steady losses are so much better for you and more sustainable in the long run.

- Pour out anything in your diary - the people here are lovely and supportive, and have a wealth of weight loss experience that you can call on.

- Don't get downhearted if the SAS guys are too late and you have a wobble - it happens to all of us. Just draw a line under it and get back on track.

All the best, Susie

Hi Vicki.
I started at 21.7 and am currently at 15.6. What plan will you be following to help you lose the weight? Im doing CWP which ismt for everyone (or even me sometimes come to think of it) but it works and has made me.realise what an un healthy relationship with food i have. Sad=eat, happy=eat, stressed=eat, you get the picture. This sight is brilliant for support and i find swapping stories and reading other peoples really helps. It also makes the whole weight loss thing less lonely. Well done on starting and good luck :) x

Hi Vick! I'll introduce myself as loads of others are, lol. I'm Tracy, I too was almost double a healthy weight at 21.5 stone, and am now down to 13 stone. I calorie count. Like Lou said, you should join Team 50, it's great to have something to aim for and it's a very lively thread! :) xx

Hi lou thanks for replying, I'll have a look at the team 50 challenge in a bit sounds like something I need so I have a goal in the short term rather than 10+ stone haha.

Hiya Vicki and welcome :)

I'm Susie, starting weight just over 23 stone, lost then gained (and gained) on low carb, then found this forum and realised a lot of people were doing really well on calorie counting using my fitness pal (which I love, it really keeps me on track). Started about three months ago, and so far have lost 2 stone, so I'm happy. Put on a shameful 11 lbs after a recent holiday and two weeks after it on the See Food and Eat It diet - but my sneaky daily weigh ins are showing that's nearly gone yaye - and oin my next holiday I'm not going to need a seatbelt extender - my promise to myself.

A few tips to note or ignore as you wish :) -

- You've made the hardest step - making the decision to change your way of eating - so don't worry about what's happened in the past, you're here now and that's the main thing. Je ne regret rien, and all that! :D

- You're also not in a race - slow and steady losses are so much better for you and more sustainable in the long run.

- Pour out anything in your diary - the people here are lovely and supportive, and have a wealth of weight loss experience that you can call on.

- Don't get downhearted if the SAS guys are too late and you have a wobble - it happens to all of us. Just draw a line under it and get back on track.

All the best, Susie

thanks suzie I'll have a look at the my fitness pal, is it an app?

Yeah it's an app. It's brill :) add me on there if you want. Same name as here xx

Hi Vicki.
I started at 21.7 and am currently at 15.6. What plan will you be following to help you lose the weight? Im doing CWP which ismt for everyone (or even me sometimes come to think of it) but it works and has made me.realise what an un healthy relationship with food i have. Sad=eat, happy=eat, stressed=eat, you get the picture. This sight is brilliant for support and i find swapping stories and reading other peoples really helps. It also makes the whole weight loss thing less lonely. Well done on starting and good luck :) x

I've started on slim fast and made an exercise plan. I haven't got a clue what CWS is sorry, what is it?
In the same I eat for every occasion or I used to.

Hi Vick! I'll introduce myself as loads of others are, lol. I'm Tracy, I too was almost double a healthy weight at 21.5 stone, and am now down to 13 stone. I calorie count. Like Lou said, you should join Team 50, it's great to have something to aim for and it's a very lively thread! :) xx

Thanks Tracy, going to join there now.

My belly feels like my throat has been cut. Going to take some getting used to this slim fast.
Also managed 1 1/2 hours exercise today.
Not bad i suppose

My belly feels like my throat has been cut. Going to take some getting used to this slim fast.
Also managed 1 1/2 hours exercise today.
Not bad i suppose

Ahhh I was on sf when I first started but its not a long term option. I used it to get me used to hunger and to give me a kick start. Your first weeks loss is gonna be great :)
Make sure you drink 4 pints of water a day xx

Ahhh I was on sf when I first started but its not a long term option. I used it to get me used to hunger and to give me a kick start. Your first weeks loss is gonna be great :)
Make sure you drink 4 pints of water a day xx

Hopefully it will be, I didn't drink as much water yesterday and had a terrible headache so I've learnt my lesson on making sure I drink loads of water.

Cambridge weight plan. Similar in ways to slim fast as its a meal replacement. :) got weighed today and lost six pound this week so buzzing. Toxicsgrl is right, plenty of water really helps & green tea if you can stomach it!!

Cambridge weight plan. Similar in ways to slim fast as its a meal replacement. :) got weighed today and lost six pound this week so buzzing. Toxicsgrl is right, plenty of water really helps & green tea if you can stomach it!!

Well done on the loss, I'm stopping myself from getting on the scales until Monday hopefully ill be minus a few lbs (fingers crossed). I'll have a look into the Cambridge weight plan tomorrow.

Best feeling in the world seeing the pounds disappear :) you'll definitely have a good loss by Monday x

Hi. Thought id introduce myself

I'm a 34 yr old weighing in at 18'1. I've got a whole other person in me and some time soon she's gonna do one and I'll emerge a size 12 10st fit and healthy woman. I got 3 monsters aged 13,4,2. I find I follow a big if this and a bit of that

In the past I've done Caimbridge, slim and save, WW, SW, GI diet, dunking, JUDDD omg I've done them all and still haven't made it below 16st as an adult!!!! I get so far and then just blur out of control!!

I'm doing the 50 for Christmas challenge (lots if fun)

You can find me on myfitnesspal as toothfairybuttkicker if you want too.

Exercise is my weakness. I just can't do it!!! A cop out I know but between running a house of five, working 65 hour weeks including travel time, doing my uni course part time I'm pooped!

It is something that I'm working on, hoping to manage to bike ride too and from work as soon as possible.

Anyhow enough of me babbaling along on your thread.

Good luck on your journey

BBK xxx

Hi. Thought id introduce myself

I'm a 34 yr old weighing in at 18'1. I've got a whole other person in me and some time soon she's gonna do one and I'll emerge a size 12 10st fit and healthy woman. I got 3 monsters aged 13,4,2. I find I follow a big if this and a bit of that

In the past I've done Caimbridge, slim and save, WW, SW, GI diet, dunking, JUDDD omg I've done them all and still haven't made it below 16st as an adult!!!! I get so far and then just blur out of control!!

I'm doing the 50 for Christmas challenge (lots if fun)

You can find me on myfitnesspal as toothfairybuttkicker if you want too.

Exercise is my weakness. I just can't do it!!! A cop out I know but between running a house of five, working 65 hour weeks including travel time, doing my uni course part time I'm pooped!

It is something that I'm working on, hoping to manage to bike ride too and from work as soon as possible.

Anyhow enough of me babbaling along on your thread.

Good luck on your journey

BBK xxx

Thanks babycake, I'm the same with being busy all the time. I'm trying to manage to accommodate exercise at the moment, especially as its not something I've usually had in my daily routine. Getting there though.
I'll download the my fitness pal and try and find you on it once I fathom it out.

Best feeling in the world seeing the pounds disappear :) you'll definitely have a good loss by Monday x

I can imagine, hopefully ill be proud of myself come Monday. I'd consider taking a page out in a paper 'I have actually LOST not gained pounds... And I didn't lose my purse' haha x

Accomplished the impossible today. I went to a BBQ and consumed a SF shake not one morsel of lovely smelling greasy (gonna make me bigger) BBQ food.

Back