first post and the first steps towards becoming half the person I am!

Accomplished the impossible today. I went to a BBQ and consumed a SF shake not one morsel of lovely smelling greasy (gonna make me bigger) BBQ food.

Well done. Were there no healthy options? I always take my own slimming option like salmon wrapped in foil with some chillis,onion bit of Sauce, so that I know I can defiantly eat. Although a lot of the time people try and nik it because it looks so good :)

Well done. Were there no healthy options? I always take my own slimming option like salmon wrapped in foil with some chillis,onion bit of Sauce, so that I know I can defiantly eat. Although a lot of the time people try and nik it because it looks so good :)

Ill have to do that next time.

Weighed and measured myself... Lost 7lbs and inches, happy with myself although my legs have grown due to the muscles that are now appearing. Off to do a before pic so I have something to compare to in future.
Can't wait to be able to fit my whole backside in one half of my trousers haha x

Well done! That's a fab loss :) :)

I'm Rachel, 21 years old and 18st 12.6lbs. I also couldn't believe how much I weighed when I stepped on the scales last week (19st 2.3lbs!) I had never been over 15 stone until a few years ago and it just spiralled out of control.

Great mini goals are stone brackets, dress sizes etc. That's what I'm focusing on ATM! Hopefully I will be under 18 stone by the end of the month. Just eating healthily, vague calorie counting and doing the couch to 5k running plan as of today!

Good luck on your journey xx

Well done! That's a fab loss :) :)

I'm Rachel, 21 years old and 18st 12.6lbs. I also couldn't believe how much I weighed when I stepped on the scales last week (19st 2.3lbs!) I had never been over 15 stone until a few years ago and it just spiralled out of control.

Great mini goals are stone brackets, dress sizes etc. That's what I'm focusing on ATM! Hopefully I will be under 18 stone by the end of the month. Just eating healthily, vague calorie counting and doing the couch to 5k running plan as of today!

Good luck on your journey xx

Tar Rachel, you've not done too bad yourself there. Don't know if you're already on it but that my fitness pal is good for keeping an eye on your calories and exercise, I downloaded the app the other day and think its great. X

I have used it in the past but I pretty much know how many calories are in everything now lol! I find the projected losses aren't very accurate for me either. Off out to do my run now :eek:

Xx

I'm double my ideal weight for my height :eek: I havent been deluded living in a bubble where I believe I am a single figure size goddess like most of my friends but it stopped me dead in my tracks. How did I get this big?
I've made a decision and joining here today is part of it, I am going to lose this weight by hook or by crook.
So here I am all 21.25 stone of me seeking the support of total strangers in my quest to slim down.... some things the above mentioned single figure size goddess friends just cant understand. However I am wanting to get to a point where I can fully relate to their complete catastrophe's due to their size 10 skinny jeans being a bit snug on a night out :D
My name is Vicki by the way and I'd appreciate any advice tips or SAS swoop teams you want to send my way to stop me eating bad things.

Hi Vicki,

I've just joined this site and I too am seeking the support of strangers to help me lose weight. Funny though because although we are strangers we have that one common factor that makes us feel like the best of friends...we all know what it's like to be very overweight and to struggle with weight loss. Hopefully with the help from others and being here to support them too, we will find this journey much easier. I weigh 24 stone and want to lose 10 stone. I know that officially that still puts me in the overweight bracket but I know that at 14 stone I felt and looked good. I don't want to be skinny, I just don't want to be so debilitated by my weight that I am existing, not living my life to the full with my wonderful husband and daughter.

I am on MFP and using calorie counting to make this lifestyle change. I have learned in the past that losing weight quickly is only good at the time. Yes I looked and felt a lot better, but I also still felt like I was on a diet. It didn't take long to fall back into old habits and gain all the weight I had lost. So this time I am taking my time with it, keeping away from the scales and just looking for my clothes getting looser as a guide to how I am doing. I finally hope to learn to change the way I eat and learn to enjoy it rather than aiming for my goal with the thought of being able to stop dieting at the end of it. I've not managed it in all my years of dieting up until now, so I am crossing my fingers that I actually can do it this time. Lifestyle change, not diet :D

I see that you have lost 7 lbs since you started your thread. Congrats, that's great news. I look forward to following your progress and cheering you as you lose those lbs :0clapper:

Thanks dragon rose, I'm going to be weighing myself every week for the next month or two for an incentive to then go to monthly then.
I'm 2013vick on MFP if you want to add me x

So I've got really loose thighs in jeans but still as tight as ever around my belly, the place I want it to go from most! Walking around with skinny jeans flapping in the wind due to the size of my gut haha!
Hopefully ill start shading from the belly as time goes on or ill look like a beach ball on straws!

vick said:
So I've got really loose thighs in jeans but still as tight as ever around my belly, the place I want it to go from most! Walking around with skinny jeans flapping in the wind due to the size of my gut haha!
Hopefully ill start shading from the belly as time goes on or ill look like a beach ball on straws!

Lol, that's a very good description of my body too! The curse of the apple shape - after losing 8.5 stone I've still got a fat belly, but no bum at all and skinny legs!! :D xx

I live in hope that it will get to a point and it'll start disappearing from my belly otherwise I'm cutting my belly button and hoovering it out!

vick said:
I live in hope that it will get to a point and it'll start disappearing from my belly otherwise I'm cutting my belly button and hoovering it out!

That might be a little extreme, lol. Just dress to flatter your shape, show off that nice slim bottom half! :) xx

Sounds like a good plan to weigh weekly until you are ready to go to monthly WIs. I don't really put much stock in the scales because they fluctuate so much. One week when I was doing WW I weighed myself 3 times in a row every day on the same set of scales, in exactly the same position, and when I say 3 times a day, I mean 3 times one after the other. Every time I weighed the scale showed something different. These are top of the range electronic scales so when I saw such fluctuating readings that's when I realised that they really are unreliable! That's yet another reason why I prefer to see my loss by my clothes :)

Speaking of which, you made me lol with what you said about you looking like a beach ball on straws if you don't manage to shift some weight from your tummy :D I think you will definitely lose weight from everywhere but maybe you will need to do some tummy toning exercises later on as well just to give the old tum a chance to flatten out some more. I used to own a Gazelle Rider and I have to say it's the best exercise ever, especially for toning the butt and tummy. I used to love it, but thanks to arthritis amongst other issues I just can't use it anymore. I stick to the more laid back recumbent exercise bike when I am up to it.

That might be a little extreme, lol. Just dress to flatter your shape, show off that nice slim bottom half! :) xx

:) It was a suggestion from my daughter when i told her I was losing weight, she asked me why I don't just hoover my jelly belly out of my belly button.

vick said:
:) It was a suggestion from my daughter when i told her I was losing weight, she asked me why I don't just hoover my jelly belly out of my belly button.

Lol, kids say great thing! How old is she? :) xx

Back