First post :) poem to my son

Gina69

I wrote this the first morning my son went to primary school, such a mix of pride and emotion I suddenly felt inspired to get out! Doesn't happen often! Lol!

My poem to William x
One step two step you look so shy,
I blink and I blink I won't run and cry,
It seems like just yesterday, has all that time past,
The days seems so long, yet the years went so fast,

Hours of holding and rocking, watching you cry,
Pacing the halls , sigh after sigh
Memories too of sweet baby smell,
Those first steps as you stumbled and fell,

Birthdays and christening, jelly and cake,
It's like a film in my head take after take,
But now it's the start of letting you go,
into the world, yes I know I know,

You're ready, you're strong, eager to learn,
Its me that will miss you, me that will yearn,
But time moves on and you give me a smile,
And I stand and I wait, just for a while,

My big boy, my heart, nothing can hide,
My joy and my love and my heartfelt pride,
So son take your steps, and don't be shy,
I'll wave, I'll smile, then I'll turn and cry x

I still remember those times - even though my kids are 36, 34 and 32!

I can too and mine are 22 and 24. I cried when leaving them at university!

Bless - my daughter got married in a hotel which overlooked the beach they used to play on as kids - I was alright until I saw the rock where we used to leave all the stuff - then I needed the tissues x

I wrote this the first morning my son went to primary school, such a mix of pride and emotion I suddenly felt inspired to get out! Doesn't happen often! Lol! My poem to William x One step two step you look so shy, I blink and I blink I won't run and cry, It seems like just yesterday, has all that time past, The days seems so long, yet the years went so fast, Hours of holding and rocking, watching you cry, Pacing the halls , sigh after sigh Memories too of sweet baby smell, Those first steps as you stumbled and fell, Birthdays and christening, jelly and cake, It's like a film in my head take after take, But now it's the start of letting you go, into the world, yes I know I know, You're ready, you're strong, eager to learn, Its me that will miss you, me that will yearn, But time moves on and you give me a smile, And I stand and I wait, just for a while, My big boy, my heart, nothing can hide, My joy and my love and my heartfelt pride, So son take your steps, and don't be shy, I'll wave, I'll smile, then I'll turn and cry x
excellent xx

That's lovely xx

Last edited:
Duplicate post, sorry

Back