First post!

Sapi Ketawa

Hello all :sign0144:

this is my first post in this forum...I'm a little daunted by how big the forum is, hopefully I will find my way around!

I have been chipping away at WW since the new year. It's very slow because (a) I am on high dose steroids for rheumatoid arthritis (b) I have very restricted mobility because of the RA (c) I promised my doc I would take it easy!

I have a lot of weight to lose. I am trying not to focus on that too much; before this RA flare-up - which has lasted 18 months now - I was x dress sizes smaller and running regular half marathons. These days I can't even run for the bus. But I'm determined to get back to something near normal!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :D

Hey there! I'm new too but have been lurking around for a bit :) The forum seems big now but after a while you'll get used to it. And everyone is really nice and helpful.

Good luck with WW! I did it once ages ago and it works well. I liked it because exercise was rewarded but not required, and I could eat more when i did get around to doing some.

Welcome to the forum :) I hope you find it useful and supportive! I have a lot of weight to lose too, hopefully we'll be able to take it one step at a time, and maybe have a little more fun that way too! Best of luck :) xo

Thank you both for the welcome! I wish I had discovered this forum earlier. It's so hard to do this by myself, but friends and family who are not dieting don't understand. In fact, some of them seem to encouraging me to overeat :confused:

I know the feeling, my friends are constantly going to fast food places and I just end up watching them eat, just keep telling yourself that you're doing it for you, and eventually you'll feel proud of all the times you've said no and hopefully they'll get the message that we're serious about our goals :)

Tomorrow I am having lunch with a friend - I'm determined to be strong! :)

Hi Sapi, Welcome to this fab forum.
I can symathise with you regarding the arthritis..I suffer from it too and have Ankolising Spondilosis which has very bad flare ups from time to time. Am also on a lot of meds and have very little mobility which does make it much more difficult to losing the weight.
I am sure you will find lots of help and encouragement from the peeps on here, they are a cheery lot and very supportive.
Do start your own diary as that is such a help in finding you and also showing howing you are progressing.

Take care and all the very best to you ... :)

Hi Sapi :)

This Forum is amazing & full of info, motivation & great people :)
I'm doing Weight Watchers ProPoints & also have a lot to lose.
I'm in a similar boat with being on lots of medication & not being able to be as active as i'd like.
Hope you find your way around the board ok :) i've just started updating my diary again in the Weight Watchers section - it really helps to write stuff down :)

Good luck!

CGx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi Sapi, welcome to MM :)

Hi all newbie here! Joined WW last Feb and lost just over a stone by Aug then rejoined July this year and have almost another stone off but I struggle with sticking to my daily points and frequently go into my weekly points and I also have difficulty with pointing when eating out. For example my hubby took me out for our anniversary last night to Little Wing Pizzeria and I had their new skinny base with spinach and pancetta with an egg in the centre - gorgeous and very thin and crispy but am at a loss as to how many points! Can anyone help or is there a reference page somewhere? Thank you and happy slimming xx

Back