First real unexpected challenge coming up....

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Fasten your seatbelt, its going to be a bumpy ride..

My plans for a much needed long weekend that was supposed to start tomorrow have been dashed. It will still be a long weekend, but at the other end of the weekend, and not a relaxing one.

Sadly, we got a call today, and my husbands gorgeous little grandad passed away. He lives in Scotland, and we have been saying for months, "We MUST go see Grandad" - but what with last year, and work and life in general, it just kept getting put off. :( I am sad I will not get to know him better - I have only met him a few times, but they were quality times, and I really loved him. (Mostly because he really liked me, and I am told he doesnt like many!!!) :D He was a stubborn ol' Sotsman, and I was so honoured he took to me. So I will miss him too.

Anyway - this means, a unplanned road trip to Scotland, in whirwind time. We are leaving at dawn from the South Coast on Sunday - the funeral is Monday - and then home again Tuesday.

We will be on the road for 8-10 hours two days - which means shakes and soups will be difficult. Not impossible - but inconvenient and difficult. I am also going to miss week 3 group, which means I have to some how get the next weeks packs in advance so they are here when we get back.

Not sure about the arrangements for the funeral but we will be staying in a hotel with my outlaws, which means meals out. Not to mention their stopping for meals on the road.

Anyway - its a challenge. I would have liked to have been a bit further along in the diet for this - but thats life. This is important. And sh*t happens. :rolleyes:

So - need to put m thinking cap on and start focusingon what lies ahead in a fwe days, and have a couple contingency plans available.

:( Sad trip, and the funeral is hubbys birthday. My mom was dying on my 50th, and now his 40th will be spent at his beloved Grandads funeral.

We think we will give up birthdays.

xxxx

Last edited:
So sorry BL. You've mentioned C's Grandad before to me. Please tell them all how sorry I am.
This week was the funeral of my sister's MIL. I couldn't go to the funeral, but I've known her since I was 8. Seemed like she's always be around. I can see it's making my Mum more aware of the inevitable.
Re: LL on your trip. You know you can do it. You will be with 3 people who love you and understand how important this is to you.
I'm sure they'll help you resist temptation. Ask them to eat their chips mega fast!
One good thing about giving up birthdays - you and C will stay forever young (good title there!)
I can pick up your packs if it would help?
xxx

THanks hun.

I am going to email LLC, I think she has pop ins on Saturday morning - or a group or something. If so, I should be OK - but if not, and you feel up to it, that would be a huge help. I will keep you posted.

All arrangements are made - we're booked in a nice hotel that allows dogs, so Muffin will be with us. Weather looks OK - touch wood - it should be OK.

Just took us by surprise - he has been fit as a fiddle his whole life, and it was not expected.

You never know what news you are going to get when you get up each day, ay? ;)

Love you - will be in touch!
x

Such sad news sorry for your families loss BL!

Life throws these curve balls at us and I know you will cope. It is possible to have your shakes on the journey I do it when I travel which is a lot with work, if you need to eat out go for less impacting options, like I need to tell you, you're the expert lol

Anyway hope it all goes well hunny xxx

Well I have reached my LLC and can pick up packs Saturday morning. Thats a huge releif.

Now time to make ready my packs for road-tripping.

In the past, I could not stand anything make without a mixer but I have hear the shakes and stuff now mix much better even without - is that true anyone? My blender will be fine in the hotel, but not so much on the road.

Anyway - its coming together.

SB - thanks so much for offernig to help, but its all working out now. But I paareicated the offer. :)

xxx

Hey BL,
So sorry for your loss.
You said you wish you were further along, but you have so much motivation with you right now. I really admire your starting back, it took huge determination and shows how strong you are. Just keep that going.
I have only done the one day, but I can tell you that just using the shaker was no problem mixing the shake at work. And it took a bit of time but eventually the minestrone soup did mix just with a spoon in a mug of boiling water, just like a cup a soup, so no problem you will do this.
Take Care

So so sorry to hear your news, life's not fair! Keep string and know we are all here supporting you.
As far as shakes on the road go, I bought a couple of sports bottles to take to work, I add the pack before I go, then just get a cold bottle of water and shake like crazy! Work don't know I am on LLT, so its a good disguise for me!
Thinking about you, dig deep, you have the strength inside you to cope with this.
It was Granddads time to pass
Jx

Hey beautiful, the only one to steer clear of is the chocolate one as it doesnt mix well even with an electric blender, the rest are fine though. Hope it goes well or as well as it can go under the circumstances xxx

I use an aerolatte when I am out and about. Soups are fine mixed as usual without shaker.

Sorry to hear your news, especially as it is such crap timing.

Keep fighting the good fight. Thinking of you xx

Back