First time Cambridge Dieter

Bethiee

Turning my Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff.
Hi,
I'm Bethie and I live in Surrey with my partner Alex. Having enjoyed too much bad/good food alongside playing PC gaming and office based jobs we have gained an unholy amount of weight.

We have tried and failed at healthy meal planning and portion control so giving all the power into a set regime with little to no cooking so no takeaway excuses from being tired after work is our best option.

He has around 5 stone to lose and I have about 10. I'd give you every health issue excuse under the sun but I simply love food and it doesn't love me back!

We have our first weigh in and consultation on Wednesday evening to start our diet on Thursday morning.

I have tried to read up as much about it as I could do but still feeling nervous about relying on 4 sachets a day of products to lose weight.

I'm 23 and I'm starting to notice the little aches in my knees and back more than I was prior. I want to have a family in the future and chase my future kids about without puffing and panting! I love my partner and want to add many more good health years to our lives together.

Any hints tips or tricks for utterly new Cambridge Dieters? Anything would help :)

Thanks for reading

Hi Bethiee.

I have a lot to lose, too, though am doing it the more traditional way. I'm not quite sure yet how much I want/need to lose (though somewhere around the 10 stone mark sounds about right for me, too) - initially I want to get my BMI below 35.

Part of my reason for wanting to lose weight is to have kids in the not too distant future and am looking to have IVF probably next year, for which I need a BMI below 35. I think doing this for your future family is definitely good motivation! I wish you well with your and your partner's weight loss.

Hi Bethie, just stick with it and you will lose weight. A lot of weight.

I lost 5 stone first time round but keeping it off becomes the next challenge.

In terms of tips - drink LOTS of water - it makes the difference - first week is the hardest and it gets easier from there. Use your counsellor as much as you need to for help and support.

I used to get motivation from things other than the scales as they can frustrate you over a single lb or two - belt holes was always a good one as well as clothes fitting better and then not fitting at all.

I started again on 9/5/16 and so far so good

Good luck

Back