First time Exante diary

Wow! Well done @Mishkapop ! I'm like you in that I started fine, had a bit of a wobble, and now I'm on day 3 of a sort of mini restart.

You're doing amazingly - an 11 lbs loss is brilliant! Keep it up 💪

Woo bloody hoo! That’s ace on the weight loss and getting into the dress, it s all going in the right direction. It sounds like your mind is completely focused on the job in hand too, I think that’s one of the biggest parts
Jx

Well sone, Miska!!

Brilliant! Well done.

Another 4 pounds off and another inch off my waist.

Yesterday I had the day off, as I was hosting for the day and my family came to visit me who I haven't seen for four months. So I had a -small- buffet plate and a piece of the victoria sponge I made, mostly because I didn't want anyone staring at me if I got packs out.

Mistaaaaaaake. I feel so sick today. I've been fighting vomiting since about midnight last night, I've got stomach cramps and I'm dry heaving loads. I haven't even faced a pack yet, I can't. Sticking to clear fluids until my stomach settles. I guess my body cannot handle all that carb and sugar heavy stuff now it's had a few weeks of a keto purge as it were.

It's been very eye opening. I think before my wedding day I'm going to have to wean myself back onto carbs carefully so I can have some alcohol and cake on the day without feeling like death!

Awh That s an extreme reaction. Good call on getting your body reused to food. Don't think you want a repeat performance day 1 of marriage. The losses keep coming yay! Is the dress looking good? Xx

Another 4 pounds off and another inch off my waist.

Yesterday I had the day off, as I was hosting for the day and my family came to visit me who I haven't seen for four months. So I had a -small- buffet plate and a piece of the victoria sponge I made, mostly because I didn't want anyone staring at me if I got packs out.

Mistaaaaaaake. I feel so sick today. I've been fighting vomiting since about midnight last night, I've got stomach cramps and I'm dry heaving loads. I haven't even faced a pack yet, I can't. Sticking to clear fluids until my stomach settles. I guess my body cannot handle all that carb and sugar heavy stuff now it's had a few weeks of a keto purge as it were.

It's been very eye opening. I think before my wedding day I'm going to have to wean myself back onto carbs carefully so I can have some alcohol and cake on the day without feeling like death!
Well done, Mishka! It's interesting the reaction you've had there. I hope you feel better soon!

So I've not been on for a while but I wanted to check in because I am quivering with rage.

I've lost over two stone now. I feel great. I look good. My wedding dress fits like a dream. My partner has been very supportive. Our wedding is next Saturday and I feel ready.

However I've just listened to a bunch of my colleagues sit there and noisily make judgments of my eating habits because they thought I couldn't hear them. I have a set of earphones in but nothing playing (I was in between tasks), and I've heard someone I considered a friend go on noisily about how what I am doing is bad for me and I shouldn't be allowed to do it, that "all I do is drink coke all day."

There's been a lot of judgement over my food consumption over the last few days. People have suddenly noticed my weightloss and apparently feel they have a right to an opinion without knowing the facts. Before sitting there and eating their third packet of crisps since 8.30am.

I'm very hurt. I don't understand why people think they have the right to judge someone else over their weight, especially as a matter of public discussion. They have no idea how -hard- this has been. I'm planning my wedding, I should be drinking prosecco and eating cake, but no- I am exercising the maximum self control and self discipline.

You've done so well so firstly congratulations! I would tell your colleagues that you heard their comments and want to put them right about your diet. You can tell them about the health benefits, the balanced vitamins and minerals and how well you are feeling. Then suggest that some of them might like to follow healthier eating choices. Don't be annoyed, just look forward to your big day.

Very well done! Oh, I am so happy and pleased for you! Honest, those sort of comments and nastiness can just bugger off. You have been on a long and difficult journey and you are keeping it up. As some of the members here were telling me when I got some weird comments - some of it may just come out of jealousy. You do not need (imo!) to justify anything to anyone. These sort of attitudes in people just make me angry - but I doubt they will be interested in the facts - their crisp bag may be more interesting to them. You keep going - you're doing it for your health and you are not telling them what to eat or not eat. Keep going, your wedding and special day is just around the corner :D

So I've not been on for a while but I wanted to check in because I am quivering with rage.

I've lost over two stone now. I feel great. I look good. My wedding dress fits like a dream. My partner has been very supportive. Our wedding is next Saturday and I feel ready.

However I've just listened to a bunch of my colleagues sit there and noisily make judgments of my eating habits because they thought I couldn't hear them. I have a set of earphones in but nothing playing (I was in between tasks), and I've heard someone I considered a friend go on noisily about how what I am doing is bad for me and I shouldn't be allowed to do it, that "all I do is drink coke all day."

There's been a lot of judgement over my food consumption over the last few days. People have suddenly noticed my weightloss and apparently feel they have a right to an opinion without knowing the facts. Before sitting there and eating their third packet of crisps since 8.30am.

I'm very hurt. I don't understand why people think they have the right to judge someone else over their weight, especially as a matter of public discussion. They have no idea how -hard- this has been. I'm planning my wedding, I should be drinking prosecco and eating cake, but no- I am exercising the maximum self control and self discipline.

Isn't it wierd that it takes quite bit off before others notice. Then all of a sudden (it was nearly 20% - 3-4 stone off for me last time) , they notice and feel they can judge and/or discuss. How unkind of them. You've done brilliantly - and will stay healthy when you are back from yr fabulous wedding.

Please channel yr Inner Gone with the Wind - Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". If you want to tell them you heard and it was hurtful, don't JADE - Don't justify, argue, defend or explain.

Maybe just say without anger if you can , "you know [friend], I heard you being critical about my weight loss, and it was extremely hurtful. This way of living is right for me right now." Then leave and have a fabulous slinky evening!

First off congrats on the weight loss and fitting THE dress😊😊😊

Jealous much😎😎 don't give them the satifaction. Carry on doing what works for you. We all find what works at the time it does and that is the bottom line. Let them clog up their arteries do whatever they want. Chuck your rage away, negativity is not required. Show no shame xx

Awful people! You are 100% right to be completely furious. Don't give them the energy. You've had the achievement, you are in the right, they are jealous and pathetic. Hope you have an amazing and beautiful wedding day!

Thank you everybody *internet hugs* I feel much better today. In the end I bit my tongue because honestly I'm not brave enough to confront anyone haha! Instead I walked away, put on a top for the first time this morning I'd bought in a smaller size and walked into work looking spangly and fabulooooous XD (Okay, fabulous might be a stretch but I felt good!)

I've decided to try and be the bigger person, thinking that maybe these comments came from a place of concern that they couldn't openly express to my face and enjoy the fact that on Tuesday I will walk outta here to marry my best friend in the dress that almost went horribly wrong XD Don't get me wrong, I am by no means thin, I'm still over 16st, but I am the best me I have been in a long while.

Back