First time on VLCD, starting on wed...eeeek!!!

Thanks boardwitless, i was just gonna have a chippy tea with my hubby, maybe il just have the fish and peas and let hubby suffer the consequences haha.

I start on Weds too! I look forward to your updates and know you will inspire me and hope to do the same for you!! Good luck not needed, you will be awesome XD

It sounds like we are in the same boat, my partner LOVES his kebabs and other takeaways, but myself and my own family have never really had them, tending to regard them as rubbish! But DAMN now I've tasted them they are BLOODY tasty! So hence massive weight gain very rapidly!!

I very much look forward to seeing how you're getting on in a week or so; take very good care in the meantime!! x

Hi and good luck. I've just rang up a CDC and am meeting her on Thursday. I've never done this type of diet before and really hope it works. I'm a single parent so am not sure how I'm going to manage cooking for the kids and not eating myself and I'm also concerned that if I lose weight too quickly I'll end up with lots of loose skin. xx

Hi,I am a single mum too and even that the first week was bad cooking to my girls I find the me being on the plan does not make me feel hungry anymore and I can actually no want to pick at the food while doing it.Over the Xmas I have even being baking and making desserts for the kids(2 weeks off from nursery),so trust me the thought of you looking great will be stronger that seeing their food and also think that if you do it,is a bit of money trhat you are spending on this diet and is only fair that you get there as soon as posible so you can put that money towards great close.
No worry,It will get easier after the first week

Completely agree with Determinator - keep busy, drink lots and then more, keep busy,drink more! Set min goals - 100% day 1, day 2 etc. Really focus on sticking to that 100%. the first few days will be tough but it will get much easier - and so much faster if you are 100%.

Good Luck to all of you starting

got to run - toddler just thrown up!

some really good support here everyone...fabulous! :) im struggling to add anything else to it lol...so il just wish u a wonderful journey to a new, lighter u!!! i look forward to following your progress x

Aww, thanks for ur msg, very reassuring. Yes, im sure we will both be fine, just hope i dont give up quickly. Think im gonna stick encouraging post-its around the house lol. Gonna try to spend as much time as poss at the stables. My problem is that i never have a routine cos i work nights, thats why i find it difficult to lose weight but i cant wait to give this a go, i think this may be the 1 :)

Yes, will defo keep updating my profile, will look forward to seeing ur progress too. Gonna take a before pic on wed so i can keep referring back to it.
Good luck on wed, WE'LL BE FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

Thanks Sarah-Louise, everyone is really supportive and its very encouraging. So glad i found this site. Good luck with urs too :)

some really good support here everyone...fabulous! :) im struggling to add anything else to it lol...so il just wish u a wonderful journey to a new, lighter u!!! i look forward to following your progress x

Hi Jenbob --

I am with Sarah there is little I can add to the great advice the others have already given you. Except that after the first week, you might want to look at joining in on some of the exercise challenges.

I am meeting with a CDC on Wednesday, as well. So, that will be my official start date. However, as I had done LL in 2008 (lost 5 stone and have gained back nearly 3), I went ahead and started SSing using some CD product I have from the US. I wanted to start the New Year off on the "right foot".

So, I am finishing up day 6 and was able to cook today without any issues. Soon, I will be enjoying the smells, etc. and even missing the food.

Good Luck -- Good Decision.

MinnieMel

Hi and good luck. I've just rang up a CDC and am meeting her on Thursday. I've never done this type of diet before and really hope it works. I'm a single parent so am not sure how I'm going to manage cooking for the kids and not eating myself and I'm also concerned that if I lose weight too quickly I'll end up with lots of loose skin. xx

my first time on cambridge i was a single mum, i cooked a shed load of meals before i started and froze them in child sized portions, didnt have to cook for 2 and a half months! lol

now i nake cakes and cook meals from scratch and love doing it, i also own lots and lots of recipie books and but food magazines to read, lol

something i do that i pinched off someone either here or elsewhere was to write the number of the next stone bracket i want to be into and stick it everywhere to keep me focused. i have one on the bookshelf next to me, on the mirror, my wardrobe, the fridge, my daughters treat cupboard where i shove all the naughty foods and on my front door

Back