First Time to the Cambridge Diet

arnelpa

Hi this is my first day and my first time to the Cambridge Diet.... so any help or advise would be great.

I have gained a couple of stone since meeting my now husband, so nothing fits I feel down the usual story really, I am really looking forward to my journey I just hope the first few days are not as bad as I am expecting them to be :eek:

Drink plenty of water, if you really feel you need to eat something, then have some protein, a tin of tuna, or chicken. The first time on CWP is the golden time, don't come off plan unless you get to goal, otherwise you will find it really hard to get back on! Take photos, so you can see your progress! Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you get on x

Well first day down and I dont feel too bad, not too keen on the soups so any tips on how to improve them would be helpful - so lets see what today brings.....

main tip is use a blender, i have a smoothie2go blender and its a godsend! also, try adding pepper or mixed herbs x

Well I have made it through to another day! although I could not stomach the spicy tomato soup last night YUK!! I did use a blender and added lots and lots of black pepper, I don't feel too bad today I went to bed with a bad head last night and woke up not too bad today :)
So lets get on with day 3 and see what today brings........
Can anyone tell me how will I know when I am in Ketoses? Thank You

Day four starting and I don't feel as bad as I thought, I am tired and a nagging headache today but I am hoping that this will be my last day like this........... so fingers crossed I wake up in the morning feel bright and wonderful :) Hope every one is doing well, all I am thinking about is I am going to be slimmer by Christmas happy Days.........

Well onto day five! still have my headache so really hoping this is the last day - I exchanged my soups for shakes yesterday and I have managed to stick to my small meal on an evening, now with the weekend approaching I am dreading how I will get through this is the time when me and my husband tend to go for a meal and share a few bottles of wine......I have my weiigh in on Sunday so might have a lil treat see how I feel :) Hope everyone are doing well, I did watch on You Tube a video Cambridge Platinum Players this is really worth a watch if you are feeling like you are going to go off the wagon!!!!

Fab you found dual dynamics! Don't not go into the weekend seeing how you feel. Set a plan, this is your first week and the most important time your body won't forgive you for a little slip and next week you will be craving big time. You plan is be 100% and get to Monday feeling do very proud not hoping the scales won't show your slip!
Come on chick your here to be slim and face temptation with strength and determination.

Hi Skinnysara you are so right I feel really proud at the moment that I have managed to come this far and I will get to Monday!! :) I am fed up with only wearing leggings and tunics because my other clothes dont fit, Thank for that it did make me smile and yes Dual Dynamics is great, I started watching yesterday and will continue until I have watched them all.

I love your attitude. Get a pair of jeans in the next size down and when you waver go and try them on to remind you of what your trying to achieve. Videos on facing urges to eat are also very empowering I.e 'how to stop binge eating' (not saying you do but she address slit if other familiar issues as to why we just want good when we're not hungry etc. keep team cambridge in the zone and this will be the most amazing thing you have ever done xx

Hello! First time on Cambridge Diet too, and I am in Day 3 (well end of it!) I have been drinking probably 3L if not more to combat any hunger pangs but I must admit I don't miss food like I thought I would. I have been having 2 shakes a day - vanilla one in the morning mixed with a cup of coffee makes for an awesome breakfast! Then a thick Asda's own make cup-a-soup as it's only 100 calories and then a shake with ice in the evening. I tried their soups and they were disgusting so I have cup-a-soups and because they taste really nice I see it as a treat, even though it's not really and I look forward to my lunch. My goal weight loss is 35lbs so not too much. What's yours? Xx

Hi Roxy, these soups your eatiing are there any Carbs in them? I say that because my understanding is that if there is you will not go into Ketosis, I would really like to lose 24 lb, I have just finished my first week and I lost 7lbs so really pleased with that, I havent found it too bad after my little glip the other day and now I have lost that it motivates me to carry on.
How are you doing so far?
So I am on day one of week two and feel pretty motivated 7 pounds lighter feels great lets see what this week bbbbrings to the table......

Hi Roxy, these soups your eatiing are there any Carbs in them? I say that because my understanding is that if there is you will not go into Ketosis, I would really like to lose 24 lb, I have just finished my first week and I lost 7lbs so really pleased with that, I havent found it too bad after my little glip the other day and now I have lost that it motivates me to carry on.
How are you doing so far?
So I am on day one of week two and feel pretty motivated 7 pounds lighter feels great lets see what this week bbbbrings to the table......

I am in ketosis according to the sticks, I just couldn't handle their soups. So it was either cup a soups or give up. 7lbs is a great loss! Are you on sole source or sole source +? I think when I go for my weigh in on Friday if I have lost 7lbs or more then I will move to sole source + because I need a meal in the evening. I am finding today is my hardest day so far, just questioning who I am doing this for and I really miss chewing!!!

Hey Roxy,

Bear with, you just hitting a hard phase. Don't let thoughts of eating etc get in your brain. Keep going and surprise yourself. Your doing this to prove to yourself you can do it and you deserve to be smaller. What week are you in? X

Hi I am doing ss+ and felt exactly the same as you last week (week1) but after sticking with it, this week I feel great, it really is worth giving it a good go and you should be doing it for you, hope your ok today, try some fizzy water its great at filling you up :) XXX

I am in week 1, day 5 today. I do feel quite hungry at times and I was told I wouldn't once I'm in ketosis. I have two size 12 dresses that I want to be in by December. I started CD at 12 stone 3lbs, I want to get to 10st. Probably kidding myself with my goal if those dresses but hey ho: aim high or don't aim at all and all that!

So did you do 1 week SS and then move onto SS+? What weekly weight loss are you achieving on SS+ and is it much different to SS? I would like to go to SS+ on Friday which means I would have done my first week on SS.

When do you want to be in the dresses Christmas? I think if you stick with it you can do it, I felt a bit funny for the whole week and you only have two days to go..... stick with it when you get on those scales it will all be worth it honestly, and the hunger thing I think is more of a habit than hunger I get it a little but it goes away.

I started week 1 with ss+ I wanted to eat and didnt think I would cope with no food and would recommend it, this is only my second week and lost 7 the first week my consultant said the weight loss was more or less the same as ss.

I have two Christmas outings, one on 7th and the other on the 11th December. I would like to be in the size 12 dresses. If I'm not I do have size 14 dresses, but after this I want to make it to size 12. That's great about the weight loss, I think I will do SS+ as of Friday then. Has anyone heard of laser lipo and can recommend or otherwise?

I think you should do it Roxy :) and yes I have heard of Laser Lipo but dont know anything about it to be honest.

I am now starting day three of week two and feel really motivated, we have family coming to stay the weekend so I have decided that I will not drink! we are going out for a meal so I have looked a the menu already and have choosen chicken with a side of green salad so that way I wont feel that I am missing out, the tough thing for me is I have to make a cake for when they come so I MUST resist temptation all those CARBS..........

Yummy cake!! I have just been diagnosed with Coeliac disease so cake is sadly no longer a part of my life much to my dismay. I am on day 6 today and I feel like I've cheated. I saw the dietician today regarding my Coeliac diagnosis and they said I need to intake 1500mg Calcium each day to combat thinning bones which can be caused by Coeliac disease. Normal adult recommended intake is 700mg!! So I spoke to my CDC and she said the shakes and / or soups are 100% of an adults recommended daily allowance of vitamins and minerals. Only problem is I need over double that. I am already taking a supplement and the dietician said not to take all calcium from supplements, some need to come from food. So I researched cheeses and have just eaten 3 slices if Edam cheese - low in calories and salt but high in calcium. But I feel like I've cheated myself, which is ridiculous because losing weight is pointless if I end up with bad health. I am going out for 2 meals in the next week and I am just going to make sure I just eat protein. It probably won't be just 200 calories but I'll make it up on the other days.

Back