First timer with a lot to lose

jos23

Hello all,

I've always been overweight but never this much, other half said we should try out Slimming World so here I am! Never really followed a diet so quite a learning curve. She's going to the group and I'm following at home.

Found some interesting threads on here so thought I'd join!

39kg to lose to reach the top of a "healthy" BMI so that's my end target but 6 stone seems like a lot to lose so that's why I use kg seems less frightening!

Hi Iv also started this week, today is my first day and I'm loving it . How are you getting on
Hi,
Really good thanks I'm just amazed at the different meal options and also just how many Syns some things have in them I'd been eating before! Bit of a learning experience but hopefully getting there.

Keeping it up will be the hardest thing as always. Glad you're loving it :)

I think I'm loving it as iv been in exante just meal replacement products before crimbo . I'm finding actually eating normal food fab even if it's salad haha. Having a Chinese tonight I can't believe I can actually have this, going for beef with mushrooms 8.5 syn with boiled rice. :) Do you go to a group or just weigh yourself .

Good luck! I have a lot more to lose than you, so I am doing it in stages! I've set myself a target of 5 stone for this year. I'm hoping I can stick to it! That's one of the reasons I try and log on here every day!
If you want any help with anything let me know, I have done SW on and off for years :)

I think I'm loving it as iv been in exante just meal replacement products before crimbo . I'm finding actually eating normal food fab even if it's salad haha. Having a Chinese tonight I can't believe I can actually have this, going for beef with mushrooms 8.5 syn with boiled rice. :) Do you go to a group or just weigh yourself .
It's awesome right and (hopefully) easier to stick with! I'm weighing myself every Tuesday :) My other half goes to groups so we're doing it together with all the resources. What about you?

Good luck! I have a lot more to lose than you, so I am doing it in stages! I've set myself a target of 5 stone for this year. I'm hoping I can stick to it! That's one of the reasons I try and log on here every day!
If you want any help with anything let me know, I have done SW on and off for years :)
Thanks for your support :) Yeah I'm going to try and log on and post my food diary every day to motivate me. Done my last 2 days so I'll post it later :) I've got sub targets in there like my 10% (-12.9kg), going into overweight BMI (-20.2kg). It's all on a spreadsheet I made and everything (love making spreadsheets)

I go to group on Thursdays can't wait for first week weigh in. Want to hurry up and be at the 2stone loss I made before crimbo. I felt quite good then energy wise so things can only get better can't they :).

I am trying to make hubby join in with me he has a lot to loose so maybe in a few he will do it with me.

Have a great day

I go to group on Thursdays can't wait for first week weigh in. Want to hurry up and be at the 2stone loss I made before crimbo. I felt quite good then energy wise so things can only get better can't they :).

I am trying to make hubby join in with me he has a lot to loose so maybe in a few he will do it with me.

Have a great day

Yeah it's well worth a go I'd say for anyone even if he just tries to count Syns for a day. Makes you think about things that you thought were healthy that really aren't.

Have a great day too

Welcome in and good luck! I also have around 40kg to lose but SW is a great way to do it. :)

Welcome in and good luck! I also have around 40kg to lose but SW is a great way to do it. :)
Thanks. Good luck also. Just started my food diary to keep me straight. Back in the office from tomorrow which will be the real test.

First week weigh 10/1/2017 -2.10 (kg) -4.63 (lb)

Progress
Goal 1 (10%) 16.24%
Goal 2 (Overweight BMI) 10.38%
Goal 3 (Healthy BMI) 5.46%

This is why this diet works , sometimes you sit there and think no way can I eat all this and loose weigh. This is the reason why all those little things we are now saying no to. You really start to notice in what other people eat don't you

Second week weigh in 17/01/2017 -1.30 (kg) -2.87 (lb)

Progress
Loss to date (kg) 3.40
Loss to date (lb) 7.50
Goal 1 (10%) 26.30%
Goal 2 (Overweight BMI) 16.81%
Goal 3 (Healthy BMI) 8.84%

Crossed the half stone mark which is nice. Still don't like that it's slowed down so much. A loss is a loss I guess!

Well done, my scales have hardly moved all week . Trouble is I get weighed at 7pm on a thurs and there scales are 2less than mine. I need to stop weighing in the morning I think cause at the min it's showing 4lb diff but that this morning compared to tonight so it's bugger all bet il prob gain 4 throughout the day haha. Hopefully i either DNt put weight on today or not much as all. Can't see that happening lol

Well done, my scales have hardly moved all week . Trouble is I get weighed at 7pm on a thurs and there scales are 2less than mine. I need to stop weighing in the morning I think cause at the min it's showing 4lb diff but that this morning compared to tonight so it's bugger all bet il prob gain 4 throughout the day haha. Hopefully i either DNt put weight on today or not much as all. Can't see that happening lol

Fingers crossed for a loss! Yeah I've always weighed in the morning to make it part of my routine but I guess it doesn't really matter if you're weighing at the same time each time.

Back