First week and don't seem to be losing weight...

Gemsie26

Morning everyone,
Just need a bit of support really, I feel very dejected this morning. I have been following my calorie controlled diet for 5 days now and I have only lost 3lbs. I weighed myself this morning and I have actually gained 1lb. I weigh everything I eat and am definitely sticking to 1000 calories. Granted I don't go the the gym, because I have two children under 3, but I do go on the Wii and am active doing household chores etc. Maybe I am impatient but it is so frustrating! :sigh:

Anyway, sorry for the moan.
G.x

Hi Gemsie

Welcome to the Atkins board.. can't advise you on low calorie but would advise you not to step on the scales everyday, as women our bodies fluctuate quite a bit. Stick to yr weigh in day & just weigh then.

3lbs is a great loss tho. x

indeed....its really hard but weigh once a week at the same time every week.....3lb is a big loss..keep your chin up :D

Hello I could have written your post I am five days in and three pounds down. I have to be honest I was hoping for more is that greedy ? I am watching the carbs not cals I think that's the way to do it p

Hey, it's still a 3lb loss though isnt it? Everyone losses vary so keep it up. :)

I think anyone counting cals on this would pass out lol I had lasagne last night with full fat cheese, beef and double cream from the recipe on here - omg it was amazing

Barm cake
what did you use as the lasagne sheets

yes Aubergine and courgettes, to be honest the courgettes were better, I added a tiny bit of passata as it was incredibly dry. Next time I would fry the aubergine first in a little oil and slice it more thinly. It is basically a moussaka without the lamb so next time I will have lamb and give that a whirl, am looking forward to trying the lamb pasanda

I think I am over carbing it possibly and (sorry if tmi) not going to the loo very much and not drinking enough water. I have got my scales out for my carbs, I havent been counting the Splenda in my tea as carbs either or the Soya milk and I havent been exercising much so I think I know the problem now.

I am struggling to open the induction food list from the Atkins website as I was going to sellotape it to the inside of my food cupboard can anyone tell me if there is a definative list around anywhere in Word or Excel

Many thanks

You need to drink loads and loads of water to flush it all out hun.

Have a look at the stickies for a list of foods

Sorry hun i dont know about a list but you must count the milk and splenda. Im not sure about soya but i know normal milk is very carby. How much water are you drinking? You might want to read my thread on this as its showed me im not drinking enough

I know :( its ironic really, I did Atkins in 2004 and ever since I have always drank at least 2 litres a day this was a good habit that stayed with me for 6 years but now I am actually doing it again I aint drinking enough ! crazy. I keep a crate of bottled sparkling water in the boot of my car, small bottles in the fridge and large bottles too so its on hand wherever I am, I just need a kick up the bum really :) I think even if I can keep a list of foods I have eaten and limit myself to 3 cuppas a day that would help.

Does everyone else have diet cokes/diet drinks ? I love Diet coke and I used to drink the decaff stuff but I prefer the caffeine one nowwadays would this make any difference I usually have 2 or 3 a day (cans) the silver one contains aspartame and the gold decaff one doesnt

I sometimes have a diet coke, espesh if i've got a sweet craving. It really helps. But I know it can stall some people and I got a bit addicted at one point :eek: so I try not to drink it now :)

Yes I must admit I do like my diet coke, I might just limit it to one a day in the evenings as a treat, it says it has 0 carbs in.

I cant believe I havent craved all sorts of rubbish this week, just put some mini eggs in a bowl for my daughter without a second glance. My blood sugar is usually insanely up and down and I use to binge so much in the evenings if I didnt eat by about 9am the following morning I would feel sick. Now I get up and have boiled eggs or bacon and eggs after the school run, I dont feel sick, I dont nearly cry because I dont have bread or cakes, I even refused cream cakes yesterday, not really bothered. Truly amazing for me.

On a different note, aside from the water any tips on shifting things along ahem in that department....

I dont drink any fizzy unless its a terrible craving (only had one). It contains aspartamine or citric acid, both can stall.

Back