First week back...and more nervous than I was 2.5 years ago!

bambam101

Hello all!

I did SW EE around 2 years ago and lost about 3 stone. Then I stopped going and over the past 2 years, have only put 3lbs back on (yay!).
I started a new group last Tuesday as I really do want to lose a bit more for xmas/holiday next year. I've set myself a goal to lose 2.5 stone in total.

I know I did so well last time, and I'm really nervous that I'll do badly this time. On my first day I went over my syns!

Please can you have a look at my food diary below because I'm really scared I won't lose weight this week!

Wednesday:
green tea + sweetener
muller light
beef stew (diced beef (cooked in frylight), beef stock pot, veggies (various), baked potato, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, 100ml gravy) 1.5 syns for the gravy
diet coke
banana
1 alpen light bar HEXB
3 babybel lights HEXA
Tuna mayo salad (2syns for tbsp light mayo, 6 syns for tuna in oil)
pork sandwich (6.5 syns for brown roll and 2.5 for apple sauce)

All in all, 18.5 syns!
Rubbish for my first day! It was our xmas light switch on in town hence the pork sandwich.

The rest of the week so far, my syns have been:
Thurs - 5.5
Fri - 6
Sat - 12
Sun - 12 (had a cheeky alcoholic drink!)
And none today so far.

I am so worried! Please help put me at ease because I don't feel like I've lost any weight and I don't want to go to weigh in tomorrow :(

if it makes you feel better, it looks like weds was only 15.5 syns as you only had half your HeB, so you can take 3 syns off the wholemeal roll.
You're allowed 105 syns per week so its looking great.
You've not mentioned if you've kept your fluids up, so as not to retain.

Let us know how your weigh-in goes.
Might be good for you to post a daily food diary. Loads of people do it and then fresh eyes can skim over it. Like vultures. Lol.

Good luck, you'll be fine! :) xxx

Little confused though when you said I had only had half my HEB? In the book, it says 1 Alpen light bar, and then underneath 2 Alpen Light bars...I went for the 1 in case it was a typo!

Well, I went to weigh in. I lose a pound on my first week. Not over the moon about it but at least it's going down and I didn't STS or go up.
Hopefully this week I will pull a bigger number!

Thanks :) Little confused though when you said I had only had half my HEB? In the book, it says 1 Alpen light bar, and then underneath 2 Alpen Light bars...I went for the 1 in case it was a typo! Well, I went to weigh in. I lose a pound on my first week. Not over the moon about it but at least it's going down and I didn't STS or go up. Hopefully this week I will pull a bigger number!

It's not a typo hun.

It's listed as 1 & 2 because if you have one it's supposed to be "speed" so basically your cutting some calories by not having the 2nd one.

I think you've done really well for a first week! Did you go to WI, how did you do? I didn't feel like I was losing anything until the scales told me I had, even now I feel like I'm having a fat week! Arer you eating enough fruit and veg?
X

I lost a pound this week...not very happy, but as I said, at least it's going the right way.
I don't think I'm drinking enough so I've stepped up my water intake too.

Always better to lose it than to put it on, might only be 1lb but even if you lost only 1 every week it's still something! I never drink enough, maybe you should set yourself a challenge with it, so you know you've hit a certain amount.
X

I've been around target weight for over a year now but last week for some unknown reason I put on 2.5lb! which took me 0.5lb over target. As you can imagine I wasn't happy at all. This week I was really good and kept within my syns and didn't have any of the extras I sometimes get away with and thought as long as I lose that 0.5lb I'd be happy - went to WI yesterday morning and was absolutely over the moon to have lost the whole 2.5lb!

I think it was probably because I meal planned properly for the whole week rather than just doing it sometimes. Thought it might help you to try meal planning and see if that helps.

As someone else said it might be worth putting up your daily meal plan so that others can let you know if you are getting it right.

Denise

Back