First week done and feeling fine.

Well, tis been an interesting week...

Started Lipotrim after being recommended by my GP last Thursday and had my weigh in today. Started at 115.3kg (weighed on Wed)'suited and booted' and dressed exactly how I was I was weighed in today at 109.35kg.

I opted to do the female stuff which I told has slightly less calories than the male one but is more bearable because you can evenly space out the servings.

Worst day by far was Saturday where I think the serious rough patch I was expecting kicked in, had a near constant headache and I still get them when I don't have a shake after about 6 hours or haven't drank at least a half litre of water in about the same time - speaking of water I'm going through about 4-5L a day!

One side effect I also encountered was I couldn't look at bright monitors too long but thats past foretunately, would have been a real problem as my uni course involves a lot of time at a computer for 3D work which is bad enough as it is looking at 4 mini monitors in one!

I think part of the reason I am finding LT kinda easy for a first week at least is that I mentally prepared myself for the fact that yeah, sure, for 6 weeks (or 42 days as I like to think of it) I'm not going to 'eat' anything but I'm going to emerge from that duration feeling a much better person and be more confident. It also means that I can start doing more 'high impact' exercises such as running once I get my weight down as I injured one of my knees a few years back and its never quite been the same.

For those that have reach the 6 week mark, is a 3 stone loss possible?

PS - Chicken soup is 'orrible, worse than some army issue french onion soup I tried a while back and that stuff could strip paint! Ick!

Welcome and good luck.

I was told how bad the first week was by 2 friends doing LT so I was prepared for the worst but didn't find it as bad as some do.

Well done on your first loss - that's fantastic! 13lb in a week - no other diet would give you such a great loss! Do you mind me asking how tall you are and what your goal weight is? Get yourself a ticker so you can see how well you are doing and we can help you celebrate your losses.

Take care.

x

P.S. I agree the soup is gross!!!!!!!

Thanks.

I'm 177cm tall...or 5foot 10inches if you use imperial.

I'm aiming to get down to 92kg or as close as over 8 weeks really, 6 of those being on LT, the last two refeeding as I am told it is quite possible to still lose weight while refeeding especially if you hit the gym as long as you keep hydrated and don't overdo it.

Ultimately I am looking to get down to 80kg fully clothed, I'm not sure if its genuine comment or not but before uni started where most of my weight gain occured my mates used to tell me that I was physically much broader than average in my back and shoulders and because I used to do a lot of hill walking with backpacks when I was younger I have kinda muscular legs so although 80kg would put me at being overweight by BMI standards I'd rather be 80kg with a bit of muscle and being able to run a mile in 6 minutes which is an aim of mine to work on once I lose the bulk of the weight.

Last edited:
Fab loss! 1 stone in 1 week!!!!! AMAZING!!!!! Keep at it.

good job! :D
I had an horrendous headache yesterday (day 2) it lasted for well over 8 hours, despite paracetamol :cry: (Qsp?), which wasn't helped by my job, which is data entry, so involves many hours staring at the PC monitor :character00148: with huge flourescent lights in the ceiling (you know, like dept. store ones - Medea could help me out) so yeah... mainly ouchy :raincloud: - no headache as yet this morning... *crosses all available extremities*

Well this is me back in from my Week 2 weigh in, only dropped 2.5kg (5.5lbs) but progress is progress and bar the stinky breath and a slight rash on my chest I'm feeling pretty good.

I skipped one shake on two days this week although I've been keeping up with the water intake as much as possible, whether that affected the weight loss or not is hard to tell.

Lowest point of the week was going with my uni buddies to a Nandos yesterday and me not being able to eat anything but I was more bothered about looking out of place with just a bottle of mineral water than not being able to eat.

I've been informed by a friend of mine who is a medical student that if I want to do a fat burning exercise while not having to go outside or spend money at a gym is to infact go up and down the stairs at a normal pace taking every step as often as you can with going up once and down once counting as a single repitition. He says that to go up and down stairs uses different muscle groups so you're in a way exercising twice as much in one go.

I'm going to try and do it for 5 minutes a day and see if I lose that extra half a pound next week...at least it will tone my legs up a bit.

Well done you !!
Those are fantastic losses
My hubby does the female one but you are actually allowed 4 a day, it equates to the same as 2 male ones (check the bag). Ya dont wanna be 'eating' less than you should.
Good luck with the exercise ;-)
Niki

Thanks for the comments so far, and congrats on your first weeks loss Molly68.

Quick question, just brushed my teeth so I don't wake up with sewer mouth and I swallowed a tiny bit of toothpaste foam....that's not going to knock me out of ketosis is it? I have ketostix so I'll check in the morning but it would be pain in the butt if something like that can stunt your loss : \

Congrats on your losses Door doing great:D

Well done, keep up the good work

Bit annoyed this week, went to my 3rd weigh in and had only lost 1.85kg from my last weigh in, or 4lbs and the woman asked if I had been cheating! Which I most certainly have not been :mad:

My weight however is now down to 231lbs from 253lbs (clothed, wore the same outfit to weigh ins for consistency) and I got home and took all my kit off bar my shreddies and I weigh 225lbs so I know my clothing accounts for 6lbs of weight differential.

I do have a cold at the moment that I think I'm through the worst of because I'm starting to have 'productive' coughs which I believe are an indicator of your body disposing of waste from infections so can that slow down weight loss? And is there anything you can take to help with cold symptoms to help them go quicker? I've not taken anything at all for fear of jeapordising ketosis.

Ah well, another 3 weeks to go....

what a brilliant loss and an excellent suming of of getting through the first week. Congratulations!

Now for the other 35 days -you will breeze through them! :D

Well done doorbundle on your weight loss, thanks for the tip on the stairs but I think I have managed that one so far, I go up and down them 25 times a day to the loo and at the moment its my only exercise!! But hey if it helps me get rid of another 1lb then thats great!!

Well done!

Only thing I can recommend for the cold symptoms is plain old paracetamol. Any cough medicines will kick you out of ketosis. You could gargle with soluable asprin if you have a sore throat.

Are you having 3 or 4 female packs a day? You should really be having 4 as this is the same as 2 male packs. Anything less will slow down weight loss - it is a delicate balance between getting all your nutrients and putting your body into starvation mode. Good luck for the coming week and I hope you feel better soon x x

Fourth week completed and I've gone from 105kg to 102.5kg, or just a smidgen under 6.5lbs loss. I'm really starting to see a difference now in how my moobs have began a tactical retreat into nothingness and that a majority of my clothes are now a lot baggier than they used to be.

I only have two more weeks left and would be really pleased to get sub 15st but even if I am a few pounds over I will be satisfied as for me that would be a much more manageable weight to work down from using conventional methods, the post lipotrim restriction in the amount you can eat normally will also do me some good in that respect as well.

One thing that is beginning to irk me though is the woman at the pharmacist, last week she asked if I had been cheating when I had only lost 4lbs despite me stating that I've been ill but kept to the program. This week she said I am not losing enough weight which took the biscuit and I kinda regret doing what might have seemed a little belittling in doing a verbal on the spot arithmatic conversion of my loss of 2.95kg into pounds (multiply by 2.2). I was then questioned on how much water I drank a day, which is anywhere between 4-6L a day for me depending on whether I am in work or not as I gauge water intake on the colour of my urine and ketostix. The lady said I am supposed to drink 4pints or more of water but before she could go on I stopped her and stated that its roughly two (1.7) pints to the litre, if I drink 2L during a 9 hour work day and 2L when I get home, how am I drinking insufficient water when thats the minimum I am drinking? I then went on to explain that since I started this program to date I have lost 13.3kg, which again once you convert it to lbs is 29.26lbs (said just under 30lbs in shop, not bad for on the fly calculation), double the estimated weight loss for males in a month.

At this point she realised just how far she had put her foot in a mouth and became rather apologetic. I am by no means a rude person nor particularly short tempered however I am not one to hesitate to illustrate a person's lack of forethought in what they are saying in a manner that would be described as harsh at best, brutal at worst.

Sure, I have not been on this diet as long as some people have here, and congratulations to those who are losing and continue to do so on a week by week basis, but am I right in thinking that to be talked down by someone who has their office littered with a box of doughnuts or chocolate coated raisins from week to week deserves a bit of sharp tongued correction?

Apologies for the rant and the essay like structure but if anything that has probably been the worst part of the week for me because it wound me up that much after the WI but that's past now.

Well done Door - firstly for the weight loss which I think i absolutely brilliant - and for standing up for yourself. Sounds like you have someone similar to the one that weighs me in - i go with two friends and she makes lovely comments to them such as "she'll (meaning me) be on it much longer than you two as she has so much to lose". When you're paying for the "service" and are sticking to the plan, it's quite disheartening not to have someone more supportive weighing you in and motivating you for the next week. Luckily, I have excellent friends and family who can see the difference in me - and it sounds like you're disappearing at the rate of knots so I hope you have supportive people round you too.

My lady asks me every week if I've cheated - sometimes I have and sometimes I haven't - but I've lost weight consistently which is a big thing for me, so I am happy. Sure, I'd love a big weight loss every week but that isn't realistic and sometimes I slip up but I haven't put any weight on and by the whole, stick to the diet and have done for 7 weeks now.

I can only say "really really well done" and mean it whole heartedly. I think anyone who sticks to it deserves praise and motivation to continue x x x

Back