First week lost quite a bit will it continue?

cortexx06

Hi

Well I thought id give it a go.

It is my first week dieting. I am very proud of myself.

I have lost 10 pounds in exactly 7 days. (without xenical or slimming products)

Here is what I am eating:

Wheetabix for breakfast (with bananas on - no sugar)

Lunch either salad or soup (heinz low fat soups things like lental soup or spring vegetable)

Dinner either salad or soup (heinz low fat soups things like lental soup or spring vegetable)

Inbetween meals just fruit (not more than 1 or 2 bananas a day but everything else is fine)

So anyway, there are times when I really crave things I used to eat.

Will my weight loss slow down now? Or do you think I will continue to lose this much for another week or so?

Thanks

No it wont continue at that rate, first week losses are usually bigger, to be honest Id say if you keep eating so little your losses will end up being significantly smaller. You dont look as if youre eating nearly as much as you should be or need to be.

Just as an indication of how much you need and how much youre having it might be worth running your food intake through something like Myfitnesspal. Itll give an indication of how much you need to eat to have a safe healthy weight loss and will tell you how much youre under eating.

They do usually slow down once your body gets used to it :)

well done, you can do this keep it up x

Yes, you will usually lose quite a bit of weight short-term if you change your diet. Carbohydrates make you put on water weight, so when you cut them down, your body will lose a fair amount of water weight. Also, your weight can fluctuate a lot in the short run. Try to weigh yourself only once a week, at the same time on the same day - preferably in the morning at your lightest, with no clothes on, say on a Sunday.

I've always found that the first 10lbs are the fastest and easiest. After that it gets a bit harder, and it's slower going. I think that's why it's so hard for people to keep going. But it's good to see that first burst of progress. Let that carry you forward.

Yep - it always goes much faster in the beginning and then slows down. The secret is to just keep at it even if you have a bad week. before you know it, your losses really mount up and suddenly you've lost loads!

Hope you've changed your diet a bit too - that definitely doesn't look like enough calories to keep your body running properly. Good luck :)

Back