First week result

topcat7000

Today is the first week of me doing Diet Chef and I've lost 4.5 lb even with one business dinner at a nice restaurant. Then I changed my habits so declined the breadsticks, bread and wine (except for 1 glass). I even had sorbet instead of the chocolate platter (that took willpower!). So I'm chuffed with the results and it's given me the motivation to see how good week 2 could be.

I like most of the food I tried so far except the pasta carbonera and the chicken couscous salad (that had to go straight in the bin) - but other than that, so far so good.

That's great. I hope I do so well.... Weigh in on Tuesday morning.
On Friday I had a big dinner out, and I feel so bloated today. I hope two more days on the wagon helps!

That's brilliant! well done

I've had a bit of a snacking day today so hoping I've not damaged my chances of a loss on my first week weigh in on Wednesday.

Good luck to you on Tuesday rachyroo.

Best of luck to both of you. It gets easier as you start to get results as you really want to keep going to look and feel better. I used one of the Diet Chef meal kits last night (beef madras) and I have to say it was really delicious! I even thought the portion was too big so have saved some for today!! I can't believe I did that as I love my food and could comfortably polish off an Indian takeaway! I have some jeans I want to get into which right now I'm nowhere near but I keep thinking about how this summer will be great if I'm the size I want to be (and should be!). Even if we have a day when we fall off the wagon, the main thing is we're going in the right direction!

I'm hoping I will lose a bit on Wednesday but so far I haven't. Fingers crossed it comes off in the last couple of days. Had the weekend off cos my step daughter was with us this weekend and we have been having normal family meals. I did have my granola though rather than poached eggs and cheese on toast, and tried to watch my portion sizes. Had a couple of pieces of chocolate and 2 Jaffa cakes last night, which is a lot less than I'd usually have if I start on that path!

Been using myfitnesspal to record calories, having started doing that religiously 2 weeks ago and I'm chuffed that although Ive eaten more than I'm meant to (generally about 1350 per day), my calories daily are generally the same which has to be good right? The last couple of weeks I noticed that some days I'd only have 800, then I'd have 2000, then 900, then 1500 etc! Id been thinking that it must all balance out but I was obviously totally messing up my metabolism doing it that way!

So I'm guessing that if I don't lose weight this week it's cos my body doesn't really know what's gong on, and then next week I'll lose it. Well... I'm hoping anyway.....

Xxx

OK, so today was a big day in a way. Day 10 of doing Diet Chef and someone at work said "Have you lost weight?". Oh boy, that was good. Going home tonight to try the sausages in gravy. Fingers crossed! I had the beef madras 'meal kit' on Saturday night where Diet Chef provides the oil (all nicely measured), the curry paste and the Indian spices. I had to buy the beef and put a bit of rice with it. I have to say it was really delicious! I'd buy that even if I wasn't on a diet. Anyone else have any favourites? I have minestrone soup in mind for tomorrow's lunch and heard that it's good!

Brilliant! That must feel good :) I had the smoked bacon and bean soup today for lunch which was awesome! Gutted though cos I only ordered one as I didn't know if I would like it or not. Bugger!

Fantastic Goingforit! That must really spur you on! So far I'm finding the diet surprisingly easy to stick to (although I know it's early days - only Day 12 today!). I am feeling more confident about myself already - going to have my hair done on Friday and will have some pale blonde streaks put in!! Not tried my jeans on since I started the diet so will be interesting to see if they feel any looser!

Lost 5lbs in week one! Yay. And that is with a big night out on Friday, lots of drinks and one pub lunch - no drinks and grilled mackerel since I thought that sounded better than chips...
The last couple of days it did slow down to practically no loss, so I think week two will be only a pound or two. But if I think about it being half a stone in 2 weeks that sounds way better..... :)

That's what I was thinking as well. If I can lose another 3 lb this week then that's half a stone down :) Really committed to this, although I could try harder. Eating about 1350 - 1400 cals a day at the mo cos I keep getting peckish, but think I'll be able to be a bit more focused this week and at least aim for closer to 1300. My allowance is 1257. Got a sore ankle at the mo so can't really exercise properly, but just got just dance 3 on the wii which is really fun so gonna play that later :) good luck for the coming week guys xxx

Back