First week weigh in!

Fantastic! Congrats Emma :D

thanks faery_lights, I am over the moon right now! :D how are you? Em x

congratulations em that is brilliant well done thats a gt achivment

xxchezzXX

thanks faery_lights, I am over the moon right now! :D how are you? Em x

I'm okay. Had my worst day so far this week food wise but trying to keep positive. Had a healthy tea and knowing that I can start fresh tomorrow! Always good.

Your loss is really inspiring. I hope this week is as good for you as well!

Well done on such a great loss Emma. You have left the 22s :) I am also with you and Pipaluk about doing a lifestyle change then a quick fix. I know this since I went to a healthy BMI once before and could never maintain as it was a fad diet and lifestyle. So as soon as I stopped and comfort ate I went twice the size I was before the first diet! So this is a lifestyle change for life. It certainly working for you, what a fantastic loss!

thanks Chezz, xMariex,Pipaluk and faery_lights for all your support, it means so much to me! Also faery_lights don't worry about having a bad day its all part and parcel of being on a diet I think, I had a bad one the other day and a few near misses binge wise, just keep going, you are doing really well. Oh and yes xMariex I'm def a believer in the lifestyle change vs quick fix, more chance of keeping the weight off in my humble opinion. Em xx

thanks Chezz, xMariex,Pipaluk and faery_lights for all your support, it means so much to me! Also faery_lights don't worry about having a bad day its all part and parcel of being on a diet I think, I had a bad one the other day and a few near misses binge wise, just keep going, you are doing really well. Oh and yes xMariex I'm def a believer in the lifestyle change vs quick fix, more chance of keeping the weight off in my humble opinion. Em xx

Lifestyle change is always the best way- if you see it as a diet it makes it temporary. For me-I hope- this is forever. :) And I'm not feeling too bad about it. I still stuck to my calories for the day. Really must reach for the fruit instead!

I agree, for me its not been like any "diet" I have ever done before it really feels like a complete change in lifestyle and for me thats working and is easier than I thought it would be, at times of course I struggle with temptation but don't we all, my new fav snack is raspberries which is so strange for me as I have hardly ever eaten any fruit in my life which I am truly ashamed of really, it beats the crap I was eating in the past to comfort myself. I am still going to have treats and I don't intend to beat myself up about it as its not cheating in my view as long as I have planned for them so to speak, after all life is for living and whilst I want to lose weight I still want to be able to go out for a nice meal now and again and have a night off like my trip to the Italian restaurant this Wed, I can't wait, it will be my first food treat since I started the diet two weeks ago and I have every intention of enjoying it, life is for living and I love food I just hate my binges. Em xx

Hi Emma. It's just an amazing feeling when you lose so much weight while eating! I know when I started Slimming World, my first week I was like ''no way will I lose anything with the amount I have eaten'' and I lost 9.5lbs! I was in complete shock. Now I don't eat half as much as I used to, in fact I feel repulsed at how much I used to eat! Bread really is the worst thing, at my SW meeting this week everyone was complaining and blaming the fact they ate ''too much'' bread this week and had a small gain. Shame it smells/taste nice.. I am on with the rye bread at the moment (a lot of people don't like it though), it's meant to be a great diet food though.. with some extra light philadelphia on, yum yum. I really don't believe in diets, they don't work.. weight loss isn't about a quick fix, you need to change your life for the better. :) My weekend wasn't too bad actually, I went out for a pub lunch with my mum but opted for a chicken salad. You are so motivated and determined, it's so nice to see someone with so much will power; it makes me feel more motivated too! So thank you :D I had a portion of chips from the chippy a while back now, a couple of months into my diet and I have not touched take outs since! YUCK. All I could taste was the grease on them. I felt disgusted in myself knowing that I was eating take aways 1-2 times a week! :eek: I hope you enjoy your meal out tomorrow, just remember not to lose your motivation! It's my birthday in 4 weeks, I will be 18 so my friends/family are going to make sure it's a big one for me.. the thing is, in the back of my mind it's niggling at me because I don't want it to throw me off the wagon!
Hope you're having another slimtastic day xx

hi pip
i had to have a little giggle about the takeways twice aweek we was doing 3-4 times aweek will never go back to that again

What horrifies me most it the thought of a greasy burger and chips or a takeaway pizza... Urgh!

thanks pipaluk, I truly believe "diets" in the usual sense of the word don't work long term either, I hate the word as to me I automatically feel hard done by whereas "lifestyle change" for me feels much healthier as it means I can change the things I want to but nothing becomes "bad" or off limits as long as its planned and of course in reason, like a meal out for a celebration to me is fine, what I want to avoid is the binge eating when sitting at home alone as thats not good for me. I feel I am eating to lose weight at the minute, I don't think I will see much of a weight loss this week as I seem to be staying the same this week when I had a naughty hop on the scales but then 14 lbs in two weeks in a hell of a lot maybe my body needs a bit more time to adjust!! oh well thats what I am telling myself ha ha as long as I stick to it I am sure it will start moving again!! Em xx

This thread has struck so many chords with me - It helps so much to find people who are going through the same things!
I'm only 3 days into my mission & the cravings are hitting already :(
I was in the grocery store & OH wanted to buy a box of cinnamon buns (I love those little bu**ers!) I wanted one really badly!
We didn't get any, phew! What annoys me is that you can't judt buy 1 bun if you chose you want a foody treat - they only sell them in packs of 8 - it's so stupid!! I do NOT want 7 extra buns sitting in the kitchen!

Good luck with your next Weigh in Emma & *Hello* to everyone else :)

CGxx

I lost 1 lb this week, I am quite pleased still as I came on to TOTM this week so to see any loss for me at this time is great as I usually gain during TOTM week. Anyway another pound in the right direction! So thats 15 lbs in 3 weeks so I am chuffed and the best thing I am already seeing the differences and some health ones, my sleep issues are seeming better already so thats a motivation in itself. Em xx

Oh I know CG everything always comes in multiples, if I want a treat now I would have to look for something that was like an individual wrapped treat as if I got a pack of more than one I fear it would trigger me into binge style eating. I have to say I have on the whole had to cut out all my trigger foods, I can have treat foods as long as they don't trigger me to binge eat on them as a binge eater by nature I have found removing anything that sets off my binge eating from my house helps. I can say have some things in which other people would struggle to leave alone, like I have these cheese crackers which I have with my meals, now my mum could go through a whole pack whereas I can leave them now if it was biscuits or chocs I would go through the whole pack so can't have them in. I believe its about discovering your individual trigger foods and removing them as much as possible from your diet which is far from easy. Em xx

You are doing great. That is the problem with not living alone like I do. I live with others and nobody else is dieting apart from me. There is lots of all the naughty things surrounding me all the time. Worse than that once a week they get a takeout and I have to always say no. As Its really easy for me to put weight on :(

Well done with your loss thins week Emma! :D
U always put on at TOTM so I'm really chuffed for you :)
I also have pretty deep seated eating issues including a binge history so I totally get what you mean about trigger foods - mine is crisps - I've stopped buying them as I just want to eat every bag I buy.

CGxx

Congrats on your weightloss this week Emma! 15lbs in 3 weeks is amazing. :)

Hi Emma. I haven't had much chance to come on MiniMins, I have been busy with work! Well done on losing 1lb :) I get the same when it's my TOTM, not only that I tend to get ''lack of prune'' problem around my lady time too which doesn't help. xx

hi em
well done on the 1lb loss no matter how big or small its lost and the scales are going the right way down well done

xxchezzxx

Back