First week weigh in!

I just realised what you guys meant by TOTM doh me! I came on today so my weigh in will be crap so any loss on that is amazing so many of us myself included thinking of some months have gains. Well done!

thanks guys, I know I hate TOTM , its a necessary evil I guess, but yeah I didn't expect to see any weight loss last Sat due to this so a pound off was fine with me as I got on the scales feeling like a bloated warthog (whatever that is ha ha). Em xx

Oh yes Carriegirl for me knowing my trigger foods is key, also for me I can't even have any healthier alternatives to those trigger foods as for some reason my brain just doesn't tell the difference and I just want to binge on those as well.

xMariex I feel for you as at least living alone as I do I control all the food that comes into my home as I know I find being at my parents bad enough over a weekend now and again due to food temptations so I think you are doing so well to have to face that all the time. Em xx

Oh yes Carriegirl for me knowing my trigger foods is key, also for me I can't even have any healthier alternatives to those trigger foods as for some reason my brain just doesn't tell the difference and I just want to binge on those as well.

xMariex I feel for you as at least living alone as I do I control all the food that comes into my home as I know I find being at my parents bad enough over a weekend now and again due to food temptations so I think you are doing so well to have to face that all the time. Em xx

Visiting my parents is one of the worst things for me when I am losing weight. It's like I walk through the door and my Mum MUST feed me!

oh my mum is the same faery_lights, she does these huge roast meals on Sunday and always does a huge veggie alternative for me and so I have had to take along my smaller prepared meals recently which she is fine with as otherwise I would just sit down and eat for England as I love her veggie roast meals ha ha. My family on the whole though don't have a clue re portion size so I guess its no shock that its something I have always struggled with and one of the main things I keep an eye on with my new healthy eating plan. My mum wants the best for me though and is being so supportive of me which is so helpful but since my grandad moved in to my parents place after losing my grandma the house is full of biscuits and cake arghhh Em xx

It's really nice your mum is understanding and supportive for your diet :) It's not always easy for people to understand the whole dieting scenario when they haven't had to go through it themselves. My grandma is the same though, every time I go to hers she feeds me and has a house full of sweet things, home made bread etc. I feel like I avoid going to hers because of the temptations, she made me a beef stroganoff last time I visited using a recipe off the Slimming World website which I thought was really sweet of her. Sunday dinners are my weakness, they are lush! I haven't had one in such a long time... the thought now is making me crave one :rolleyes: You are so motivated Emma, it's inspirational and I enjoy reading your diary. xx

It's so nice to hear you have supportive families :)
Essentially I control what food comes into the house (it's just me & OH) but sometimes he wants treats that become a bad temptation! Like if they weren't there I wouldn't even want them but just because I can see them they become an object of obsession!
Hope you have a great day :)
CGxx

My family is supportive but not always in the best way. They just don't get it sometimes. But I won't be heading home until February now and when I do I will be much more in control.

thanks pipaluk, oh yes roasts, even for me veggie roasts are gorg, I only haven't had one as roast potatoes do something for me and I can't stop munching ha ha I am lucky as my parents are very supportive, it makes things easier, my mum even did mash potato the other day on the Sunday for everyones meal so when I had my prepared meal I didn't have to face seeing everyone eating roasties which is so good of her. Also how lovely of your gran to do a slimming world recipe, that shows she is behind you, sometimes our families don't always know how best to support us and so that shows she really wanted to help you which is wonderful.

My only stress is my sister and female cousin as they get quite competitive, now they have a couple of stone to lose and well I have practically half of my body weight to lose so I just can't be doing with the competition as well as far as I'm concerned I will reach my goal when I reach my goal, its not a race, the weight will come off eventually as long as I remain on track with my planned treats. Oh but sometimes when they are getting obsessive over everything I eat or what plan I'm doing they can't understand that I'm doing my own healthy eating plan they believe I should be doing a set plan so to speak whereas if I'm eating healthily and regularly and the weight is coming off what more could I ask for hey! Em xx

Roast potatoes do it for me as well! They make me want to eat junk food, shame they are so nice though. Mashed potato is another favourite of mine and luckily it doesn't trigger that urge off for me.

I bet that is really annoying! My aunty wants to lose 1stone but she is making such a big deal out of it, it's nice to go to Slimming World together for the support of each other but she has no idea what it feels like to need to lose, like you said 'half of yourself'! You should never rush weight loss, I always say '1lb at a time' :) you don't need a specific plan to lose weight, everybody is different and some weight loss plans don't work like they do for others. I know people who have lost loads on weight watchers where as I struggled after 1 stone. The key to it is motivation and the right frame of mind xx

pipaluck i agree with that 100% my friends most of them are stick thin and one as to lose like your aunt 1 stone and makes it out like its a big hill to climb i have got to lose my twin wot cheekly decied to grow with me lol

xxchezzxx

thanks pipaluk, I really appreciate your comments on here, they always help me to remain on track as like you I am trying to do the healthy eating / lifestyle change and every time I hear from people like yourself who are doing a similar sort of plan it reminds me that I am tackling this weight loss issue the best way for me. I think for me the main thing is making it something I can keep up and basically I am enjoying my food now and I could keep eating like this for the rest of my life, I don't think I have ever eaten as well as I am now and am trying all new kinds of food which before I would have said no to. I am hoping I see a good loss this week but as I stay off the scales during the week I never know what they will tell me on my Sat weigh in but body wise I am noticing major changes and health wise I have already seen some massive changes with say my sleep apnea which is fab news for me!

I understand what you mean about your auntie, I know family members often can mean well but sometimes they get it so wrong with what they say,how they act, I have half my body weight to lose so why would they think I would want to almost go up against people who have a couple of stone to lose if that, its crazy! I don't even want to go up against someone of a similar weight to me, for me its not a competition with anyone, its about changing my life for good and sorting out the health issues once and for all before they get more serious.

ha ha Chezz, yeah can relate to the twin that attached itself to you, mine did that to me as well, the sod!!

Em xx

i have told my other twim wot as attached its self you have not paid no reant so your going lolol i always say it cost me good money to look this good lolol

chezz said:
pipaluck i agree with that 100% my friends most of them are stick thin and one as to lose like your aunt 1 stone and makes it out like its a big hill to climb i have got to lose my twin wot cheekly decied to grow with me lol

xxchezzxx

Lol! That twin thing made me laugh so hard, think I will remember that one :)

I hated the competitiveness of my last WW group I went to - it doesn't motivate me at all to have people getting all riled up & trying to out-do each other! Much better to support each others journeys in what ever way you chose to do it & if something works for you then I say - grab onto it & don't let go! :)

Saying that though - I do like coming on here & reading about peoples losses - it's not that I want to 'beat' them & get ahead - it judt encourages me to know that it is possible :)

CGxx

exactly CG, I have also found myself in groups where people are trying to out do each other weight loss wise, to me this is in the long run a recipe for disaster, the only person you should have a competition with basically is yourself, this group is so supportive, we all have a lot of weight to lose and really there is no race just when we get there we get there and thats fab and very refreshing! Em xx

The only person I am competing with is myself. I felt like I was the only 1 who felt this way and was this weight till I came on here. To see not only was I not the only 1, but that people my size had lost weight. Before I had half told myself it was impossible. That I was fatter than anyone else in the UK, I believe that is what someone told me. And that without surgery I would never do it. I can not say I have ruled out surgery but after being so ill physically wise. I have had enough medical treatment for a lifetime without adding to it. Not that I think those who did surgery are not brave too just I want to avoid it as much as I can because I have been in hospital too many times and I still have loads of stuff left to do so less time in the hospital the better for me.

Hi CG
how are you today hun hope your doing ok hun yes i told it its not paid no money towards it so its got its marching orders lololol

marie
behind your there 100% there if you do it for anyone but yourself you will fail and not be happy i myself have done this in the past and always failed this time im doing it for me my minds ready i know its no quick fix and its going to be away of life but i choses to do it his time not no gp not my friends and family me i always use to say when i do it its when im ready
xxchezzxx

exactly Chezz and xMariex with everything you have both said, you are both doing so well, I find the support on this forum essential for keeping on track, its great to meet people of similar start weights who don't judge me because of it.

Oh and 4 lbs off this week, yay! :D Em xx

Well done Emma you are doing so well. Over a stone in less than a month! That is totally amazing. You must be so proud of yourself.

Back