First weigh in and really disappointed :-(

Hey everyone,
Well had my first official weigh in today and only lost 3lbs! I was really disappointed with that as i have worked so hard this first week and was hoping for at least 5lbs.
I was on ss+ for the first week but think i may give ss a go this week and see if it makes any difference.
I am determined to stick at it but with losses like that in the first week, it doesnt do much for my motivation!
My CDC said it could be because i am not that overweight, compared to her other customers i am the lowest weight one.

Anyone else had a loss like that in there first week?

I haven't weighted myself yet but I understand your disappointment, however for what I have seen big first weeks losses almost always slow dramatically at some point. Maybe you'll do the opposite ;)
You might also be in your pre-period, or pre-ovulation time which could add up to 4 pounds to your normal weight. so look at the big picture here, you're on the right track ;)

Dont give up just yet!
I lost 10lb in my first week (last time i did the diet)
but then only 1lb the following week!! I gave up & now ive piled on nearly 2 stone!!!!

Keep going!!

Thanks for your comments.
Spent last week on ss after my 3lb weight loss the week before on ss+.
Had my second week wi today and only lost 1lb so was even more disappointed then last week. My cdc had no idea why i didnt lose more. So i suggested going on the 810cal plan. I'm giving that a go this week but i think if i dont see much loss this week i'm probably going to come off the cd. I dont want to but the amount im losing doesnt justify the cost im paying each week. :-(

Thanks for your comments.
Spent last week on ss after my 3lb weight loss the week before on ss+.
Had my second week wi today and only lost 1lb so was even more disappointed then last week. My cdc had no idea why i didnt lose more. So i suggested going on the 810cal plan. I'm giving that a go this week but i think if i dont see much loss this week i'm probably going to come off the cd. I dont want to but the amount im losing doesnt justify the cost im paying each week. :-(

Come on at least its better then loosing nothing at all just don't give up so easily. i have the similar case actually i have PCO's i dont loose weight so easily recently started with SS and believe me will be happy even to loose 1 pound since i know i am doing this for my self to change my eating habits once and for all ....after all we are all doing it so change our selves and b healthy so dont give up keep on trying .....i have a lot to loose but still happy since i am trying So cheer up :D u r loosing less or more no big deal be happy DON'T Give up.......believe me its a lot better then gaining a pound a week;)

ploease dont be disheartened ure consultant is right the bigger you are the the more weight loss the first week as its mostly water not fat, so id say your doing very well and if loss that amount next week just think it will be all fat!! good luck x

well done lucy, i am struggling on the ss+ i might see if i can go up to the 810 plan i am really not enjoying it and feeling crap

zoe x

Back