First weigh in - disapointing results

Moonagedaydream

I had my first weigh in today. I started last monday so it is day 6 today. I have followed it strictly - 3 shakes a day, water, black coffee, green tea, mint tea, water and those mouth freshner strips.

I didn't want to build up my hopes for good results but most people lose a good amount on the first week of any diet - and this is an extremely strict one so I was hoping for better. I knew I didn't look or feel any thinner so I was preparing myself for (almost) the worst - and that was what I got!

I lost 2 pounds this week.

The lady in the chemist said it was unusual. She probably thinks I have cheated but I know I did my best and didn't break it. I am not sure I managed to drink enough water although I drink a fair amount, but was drinking lots of black coffee to keep me going, green tea and mint tea.....

Would too much black coffee ruin the diet? Does not drinking enough water prevent the diet working? I am puzzled.

I admitted to the lady there that if I continue to only lose 1-2 pounds each week I may as well not be doing this diet - I chose it since it is supposed to work and be good at shifting lots of weight quickly (I probably need to lose about 5 stone). I usually get so depressed trying to lose it and not seeing any results on other diets that I give up and binge. :cry:

I was hoping that I would get results that would help keep me motivated. Usually you lose most weight at the start and the weight loss slows down the nearer you get to your target - so I could understand losing so little if I didn't have so much to lose. :confused: I feel that in terms of weight loss this week has been wasted - and my effort has been in vain. I had to laugh about it or I would have cried. :sigh:

I am going to continue with it for the time being and see how it goes.....I know 2 lbs loss is better than staying the same or putting pounds on - it just doesn't feel like much for the effort I feel went into keeping going this week!

Last edited:
Hi poor you I can imagine your disappointment weird to have lost so little! Did your green tea have any lemon or other flavour in it as only leaves mo berries flowers or roots allowed!That's all I can think unless u had sugar in tea? Or flavoured water? Something defo stopped ketosis. I drink lots of black coffee & have good losses so don't think it's that . You have to be so careful took me ages to get fennel leaf tea as can't even have the usual made of seeds. Maybe try more water & just black tea & coffee! Hope this helps it's tough but do worth it keep going. I lost 2 stone in 5 weeks 4 more to lose hope this helps you to keep at it !! Grangi

Ps watch out re mint tea lots have other stuff in them than just pure mint it shocked me . Twinnings mint is pure mint so check that out too so many have fruit etc in them!

Hun, take a look at my stats, similar situation but then I lost 7lb in week two! Don't let it get you down and stay positive, everyone is different. xx

Hun, take a look at my stats, similar situation but then I lost 7lb in week two! Don't let it get you down and stay positive, everyone is different. xx

I noticed I am not the only one to lose 2lbs on week one.

My green tea was leaves rather than teabags. I made sure my mint tea bags didn't have any fruit in - I know you have to check all the labels as a lot of the herbal teas have all sorts of fruits added. I got some redbush tea today to add some variety. I am going to continue and see what happens.

Aw sorry to hear that. its not uncommon to have such a poor loss at 2lbs when ur into the diet but i thought week 1 guaranteed a larger loss so im confused. Good luck with week 2

Ava
xxx

I did lose 8 lbs in week two. I felt relieved to know it was working at last. I think I was dehydrated and constipated in week one. I am trying to drink loads of water now - although I keep having to run to the loo. I am sticking with this and hope to continue to lose weight. I think I should be several stone lighter than my current weight ideally but to think too much about the whole amount is probably not good for me.

Someone at work said she would never have realised I weigh so much. That made me feel a little better as I am very self conscious about my size - even though I know there are others bigger than myself when I look around me in the street. There are a lot of people struggling to keep their weight within a healthy range and not managing to do so.

The good thing about what we are all doing is we are trying to do something to address it.

I don't know what my adult "comfortable" weight will be in the longer term - it may be higher than the weight I was for much of my younger adult years. I would love to feel comfortable with my own body and to feel better about myself - and that will hopefully come in time.

Back