First weigh in tomorrow......

froggylegs

Silver Member
........and I am terrified! I have stuck to SS 100% but I am drinking so much water that I am not used to, I feel absolutely huge :eek: with a great big belly full of water, i feel like a gigantic hot water bottle!

Today is day 6 for me, my weigh in has to be tomorrow which is a day early due to other commitments, will this make a big difference?

I hope this doesn't sound daft, i am obsessing a bit about the weight of all the water i am drinking, is it ok to restrict my water in the morning until after my weigh in (which is at 11.30am)?

I dont have a huge amount to lose, around 2 stone, so I am not expecting a massive loss but I just know if I haven't lost a significant amount I will be very very tempted to abandon the plan and stuff my face :eek::eek:

Help!!

11.30 pretty early, if I was you I would have a little water, you still have all day to drink your quota.good luck for tomorrow :)

You can restrict water if you think it will make you physically feel better but I wouldn't worry - not for a second - about the effect of water on weight loss. You're probably not having much more liquid than you had pre-diet, only because it came in another format (i.e. from food) you're not used to it. For what it's worth, consuming the full daily water intake does get easier the longer you keep at it. You probably won't be on the diet for as long as I have been but, two months in, if I don't get at least three litres a day I feel positively dehydrated! If your counsellor has a body composition machine (those things are amazing!) s/he can actually tell you the level of water in your body both as a percentage and as a mass.

As you've stuck to the diet completely, I have every faith that you'll have a fantastic loss. A day early won't make much difference, and after seeing your counsellor I'm sure you'll be compelled to carry on, rather than inspired to go nuts on everything bar potatoes. ;)

:) Thanks for the replies i had forgotten about replacing the water from the food I used to eat so that has made me feel better

i think, just because i know what I am like, i will be careful before I go, i am so scared i wont have lost and i know what my reaction to that will be :eek:

:mad::mad: Gutted. Weighed myself on my own scales and i have lost a whole measly rubbish 2lbs. I KNEW i had lost very little, i could tell, there is no difference at all in my clothes.

I have done SS religiously and lost hardly a thing. The strip test for ketosis is not changing at all either. How can this happen :confused::confused::confused:

jumping on this as i am in exactly the same position except have more to lose. by the time i jumo on her scales tomorrow there will be no loss and i have stuck to it 100%. i lost 7lbs last week in week 1 so was happy with that! any words of wisdom greatly appreciated! :)
s xoxo

jumping on this as i am in exactly the same position except have more to lose. by the time i jumo on her scales tomorrow there will be no loss and i have stuck to it 100%. i lost 7lbs last week in week 1 so was happy with that! any words of wisdom greatly appreciated! :)
s xoxo

I am in such a similar situation! I lost 8lbs last week in my first weigh in & I had cheated a bit. I've been so good this week, I did slip up & eat a plain chicken breast last Tuesday but can that really have made such a difference??

According to my scales I have gained 1lb :-(

I'm going to be weighed at 9.30 this morning but feel a bit demotivated!

I'm drinking 5lts of water a day so I know I'm getting enough water!

I just know if I haven't lost a significant amount I will be very very tempted to abandon the plan and stuff my face :eek::eek:

Help!!

I know how you feel. My weigh in is tomorrow, and I'm nervous that the loss won't be very spectacular, especially since I lost 5 lbs before starting Cambridge. I made up my mind at the beginning that I was committed to it until I've lost all I need to, because frankly I've tried everything else (Paleo, South Beach diet, vegetarian, you name it), and I KNOW this actually works for people in the long run.

Everyone try to think positive! I really beat myself up last night because I thought I'd gained / stayed the same and I hadn't!

Spent most of last night in a foul mood for no reason!

I had made the dreadful decision that if I hadn't lost weight I was getting a take away tonight so I really know how you feel.

My poor fiancé tried to talk me round last night by saying at least if I'd stayed the same I hadn't gained any weight. I snapped at him & said he could try not eating for a week then see if he felt the same!

However he is right. It might take us a while to get used to the diet but I'm sure in 6 months time when we're all wearing our skinny jeans we'll all wonder why we were getting so upset so early on!

Everyone try to think positive! I really beat myself up last night because I thought I'd gained / stayed the same and I hadn't!

Spent most of last night in a foul mood for no reason!

I had made the dreadful decision that if I hadn't lost weight I was getting a take away tonight so I really know how you feel.

My poor fiancé tried to talk me round last night by saying at least if I'd stayed the same I hadn't gained any weight. I snapped at him & said he could try not eating for a week then see if he felt the same!

However he is right. It might take us a while to get used to the diet but I'm sure in 6 months time when we're all wearing our skinny jeans we'll all wonder why we were getting so upset so early on!

Good post, thank you!

Well after my tantrum I went for my appointment with my CDC and on her scales I have lost 3lbs which is a bit better. She also measured me again and I have lost an inch and a half from my waist and half an inch on my arms and legs so i felt a lot better.

She also got me to test for ketosis while I was there and it changed to the first colour along so, again, that made me feel better. She is excellent and really gave me my mojo back. She suggested upping my products to 4 a day but I am reluctant, mainly for financial reasons and also out of fear in case I lose even less than 3lbs.

I dont see her now until a week on Friday so I am going to try my hardest not to even think of getting on my own temperamental scales until then.

I am quite chuffed I didn't head straight for McDonalds when I got off my scales :D

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is a very busy work day for me so I haven't got time to go through all the threads as usual but I did want to pop in and see how you got on. Firstly, delete the word "unimpressive" from your signature. You sole-sourced for a week: there's nothing unimpressive about it. Secondly, congratulations on your loss! If you hadn't had many carbs prior to starting the diet (you know, lack of potatoes and all... ;)) or if you are nearing the appropriate stage of menstrual cycle, you won't have had a massive water loss (and you have been saying how bloated you were feeling). That's all people are losing during the first week: a few pounds of fat and a ton of water. You may not have had the big water loss but you've dropped three solid pounds of fat, which is still the weekly average, so give yourself a big pat on the back. Those inch losses are terrific too, and I'm glad you've got a good consultant who can help you weather the storm. A good counsellor can make all the difference!

Unfortunately this is a very busy work day for me so I haven't got time to go through all the threads as usual but I did want to pop in and see how you got on. Firstly, delete the word "unimpressive" from your signature. You sole-sourced for a week: there's nothing unimpressive about it. Secondly, congratulations on your loss! If you hadn't had many carbs prior to starting the diet (you know, lack of potatoes and all... ;)) or if you are nearing the appropriate stage of menstrual cycle, you won't have had a massive water loss (and you have been saying how bloated you were feeling). That's all people are losing during the first week: a few pounds of fat and a ton of water. You may not have had the big water loss but you've dropped three solid pounds of fat, which is still the weekly average, so give yourself a big pat on the back. Those inch losses are terrific too, and I'm glad you've got a good consultant who can help you weather the storm. A good counsellor can make all the difference!

Aw thanks so much CB, that is just what I needed!! And you are right, for the last week or two before I started the diet I had deliberately reduced my carbs so what you are saying makes great sense!!

I had an early menopause several years ago so its not that, but the previous lower carbs could well be it!

Thanks so much and I will edit my signature! Xx

well done on 3 lbs - don't knock it - there is a great sticky at the top here - measuring success by the scales - please go and read it - I find it really helps me focus when the scales are playing mind games on me!!

Well done on the loss, I'm on day 4 of sole source and have my first Weigh in on Monday, just a loss will be a success :) xx

Back