First WI on SS+ today ....

Hi , I started SS+ 2 weeks ago , although didnt count last weeks WI as I had been out and had a huge valentines meal etc .. so this week was my first 100% SS+ week .. and I lost 6 lb !!!OMG
I was all geared up for going back to SS if I lost less that 3 lb and I am sooo happy that I can keep on this plan as the small meal really makes me feel loads better and I love it !!!!
Hope everyone else is having a happy day :)
katie

I did SS+ and only lost 1lb. Well done on your loss.

Think I will go back to SS with only the occasional SS+ day

I have a question which never got answered, maybe a cdc will see it answer, or if anyone else has the answer... my cdc can't! Why is it that if I were doing SS+, I'd still only get 3 shakes and a 200cal meal, or 4 shakes and milk? I mean as I'm 6ft, why can't I have 4 shakes which i take already plus a meal or 5 shakes and milk??

And well done determinator, i mean, seeing a loss like that makes me want to SS+, I'm only managing on 4, i just can't believe some people do it on 3!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

well done on the loss this week :)

im 5'10 so was on 4 shakes a day on SS, then i moved up to SS+ was surprised i went down a shake with the meal as that meant i was only having an extra 60-70 calories a day not 200 like someone smaller would be having but i found with having the meal i wouldnt have wanted another shake as i was full so glad it was only 3, no idea why it is that way tho but it worked well for me

well done on that fab loss im tad confused how ss+ works?? x

SS+ is basically an extra 200 calories a day . So still very low calorie diet but with the addition of a meal or milk . I have a meal and am allowed one of the following -
120 g chicken , 190 g white fish , 250 g steamed tofu, 200g quorn , 180 g tuna in spring water or 225 g low fat cottage cheese .... with 2 table spoons of - asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, courgette, cucumber, lettuce, mushroom or spinach . You can also have dried herbs and spices in moderation , or you can have 4 food packs and 200 ml of skimmed milk .
I lost nearly 5 stone on just shakes before I started this and feel the need to reintroduce some food now ..

I have a question which never got answered, maybe a cdc will see it answer, or if anyone else has the answer... my cdc can't! Why is it that if I were doing SS+, I'd still only get 3 shakes and a 200cal meal, or 4 shakes and milk? I mean as I'm 6ft, why can't I have 4 shakes which i take already plus a meal or 5 shakes and milk??
I guess it is firstly based on the minimum number of calories people can function on an how much vitamins and minerals people need. Also, if you had more shakes and soups, 5 packs alone would be 863 calories and 70g of carbs so may not stay in ketosis. Of course 810 is always an option for you too. :D

Noone could stop you from having 5 shakes and milk or 4 shakes and a meal.

There's no 'height adjustment' as people move up the plans. It's just for SS/+.

Doesn't 2 tbsp of veggies sound ridic?? ESP comp to say like 200g of quorn??
I think it is to keep the protein percentage high and the carbs low, though there's not much carbs in the allowed G&W vegetables.

It's never really bothered me because I'm not physically hungry anyhow so why eat more. I'd much prefer to get the weight off as soon as possible so not eating a bit extra for a few months is fine.

Naww just kidding, felt like complaining a little is all; I'm aware of the carb content in the veggies, it's just, well once it's on the plate it seems like soo little veggies and It's what I miss the most

i love SS+ it makes the diet so much easier for me. And i know its not officially allowed but i have 3 shakes, my 200cal meal and skimmed milk in my brews and have done since i started and am happy with my weight losses.

Basically, and I think others have said it, it really comes down to what works for you. I mean really, for me I prefer making "adjustments" and continue to lose weight at my own rate, than trying to stick to 100%, have blips that I feel guilty and demoralized about, and give up in the end

Back