Fishy Ideas?!

Cuba here I come

Have been reading everyones post about a fishy week giving your weight loss a boost so have decided to give it a go.

Am doing a food plan for the week. Would be grateful for any recipes/ideas of what i can make.

Since i'm the only 1 in the family doing SW i make seperate meals so would like some recipes that don't have hundreds of ingredients and is fairly easy to cook.

Please help!

i have had salmon- cooked in foil in oven- rice and brocoli- sounds boring- i syn some sweet chilli sauce and mix it all up and can't tell you how lovely it tastes and quick to cook after day at work- all the family eat it too

The best thing to do is just take a look in the recipe forum - you can do a search for fish recipes as well

And by the way SW is completely family friendly so no need to do different meals - involving your family is actually one of the seven secrets of successful slimming :)

Have put down the salmon but cant have the rice as doing it on Red plan.

Its easier to do seperate as my brother doesn't eat the same things as the rest of us. My dad would probably turn his nose up too. He's beond help! lol.

xx

Well i get a few different types of fillets .... (some fresh some frozen)

Sea Basa (very plain and non descript)
Salmon
Cod
Tuna (filleted steaks)
Haddock (smoked)
Coley (gorgeous cooked in the oven with a bit of chopped fresh parsley and a drizzle of fresh lemon)
Vietnamese River Cobbler (just bought this today to try)

I buy it either it frozen from Aldi (great value for money and tastes amazing) ... Or i go to a fish counter, normally Tesco`s ...... To cook it, it either gets 20 mins in the oven in my "special" (lol) fish dish wrapped in a bit of foil ... or it gets steamed..... Very occasionally i sling the Tuna Steaks on the George Foreman.

I either do it with new taties (steamed) drizzled with mint sauce ... or i do SW wedges :) ..... and add veg where needed, those steam veg bags (microwave 3 mins) are a fantastic idea ... so quick .. and again Aldi do a cauli/carrots/fine beans mix that is about the only one i personally like (and can have) but you just put your own veg with it :)

And for a quick fix fish lunch i get 2 tins of no drain tuna in brine ... mixed in with 1 (or 2) tbsp of low cal salad cream (1.5 syn per tbsp) and then dice up a load of cucumber and mix in .... very fast and simple, tasty and filling :)

Hope that helps :)

All that is done on a red day using the Taties as Hexb :)

Back