Fit at Forty 1

b - 0% Greek yoghurt & raspberries
l - wholemeal deli roll with salad & boiled egg + muller light greek yoghurt + satsuma = HEB + 0.5 syn
d - frittata + mushrooms, peppers, green beans + salad, <30g finely grated gruyere = HEA
green tea, mint tea, no sugar squash + coke zero
BM - couchto5k

bleugh, not sure if it was the eggs (needed used up) or the mushroom/pepper combo or Coke Zero but something upset me 😬 stomach has been churning all night and major brain fog going on today. Going to drink plenty peppermint tea today...

So today has been a bit of a disaster...
not feeling great but had usual breakfast, felt in need of some salt and comfort so had pasta cooked in stock cube with 10g finely grated gruyere left over from yesterday. My daughter has just left school (obviously very abruptly) so it’s been hard keeping her motivated and entertained. She baked cookies the other day so I had one of those as I was either having free foods or nothing for dinner depending on how I was feeling.
Daughter feeling creative so she cooked pea & potato curry and rice for first time. I thought I was safe telling her recipe had lots of salt so to reduce it and to leave off the butter off the rice. Opened the pot of her hard work and it was swimming in oil (😱) apparently recipe asks for 150ml of oil! (This is out of an old recipe book.) I did eat it and will just need to start anew tomorrow 😕

anyway
b - 0% Greek yoghurt & raspberries
l - pasta & stock cube with 10g gruyere (1/3 hea) + choc chip cookie 7 syncs
d - pea & potato curry and rice 20 syns

not enough fluids today and no body magic, tomorrow is another day and I started with a really great loss so trying not to let the universe conspir against be too much!

Daughter feeling creative so she cooked pea & potato curry and rice for first time. I thought I was safe telling her recipe had lots of salt so to reduce it and to leave off the butter off the rice. Opened the pot of her hard work and it was swimming in oil (😱) apparently recipe asks for 150ml of oil! (This is out of an old recipe book.) I did eat it and will just need to start anew tomorrow 😕

not enough fluids today and no body magic, tomorrow is another day and I started with a really great loss so trying not to let the universe conspir against be too much!
one fatty meal will not ruin your weight loss as rest of your meals are balanced. Just try to incorporate more fruit & veg in the next few days and as you said more fluid.
Happy Sunday.

one fatty meal will not ruin your weight loss as rest of your meals are balanced. Just try to incorporate more fruit & veg in the next few days and as you said more fluid.
Happy Sunday.
Yeah I know, looking at it today it doesn't seem so bad. Usually quite good with fruit and veg but couldn't face it yesterday. Still not feeling 100% but made a smoothie for breakfast and managed some body magic.

Happy Sunday!

Still not feeling 100% struggled through work today, no real appetite
b - homemade smoothie with kale/ spinach/mango/strawberry/raspberry/banana + 0% Greek yoghurt
l - bak pot with beans and HEX-A cheese + muller light strawb yoghurt .5 syn
d - pulled pork with bbq sauce + salad + homemade apple salsa + HEX-B whole meal roll + syn free coleslaw - prob about 10 syns because I forgot the pulled pork out the freezer already had bbq sauce mixed in.

no body magic
plenty of green & peppermint tea, sugar free squash

Feeling loads better today, far more energy and back to having usual for lunch

b - homemade smoothie with kale/ spinach/mango/strawberry/raspberry/banana + 0% Greek yoghurt
l - w/meal roll (HEX-B) with lots of salad Leaves, tomato, syn free coleslaw, cheese (HEX - A) + apple + satsuma
d - will be beef & lentil cottage pie with sweet potato topping (lean steak mince but don’t think it’s 5%, also pretty sure mash has cheese in it - from freezer) so maybe 6 Syns for mince and HEX-A for cheese (only just found out SW allows 2 x HEX-A! 😁)

Body magic - couch to 5k
fluids - lots!

edit - no cheese on the freezer cottage pie and smaller portion than I thought so straws and muller light for pudding .5 syn

Last edited:
Definitely back to normal 😁
l - w/meal roll (HEX-B) with lots of salad Leaves, tomato, cheese (HEX - A) + apple + 2 satsuma
d - homemade chicken dhansak & rice

Fluids- lots green mint, peppermint tea + sugar free squash

No body magic but went for a short walk in between meetings

Prob no syns unless I have a yoghurt later...nothing I want

WI day today and another 0.7kg loss so 4.2kg in total 😀😀

l - w/meal roll (HEX-B) with lots of salad Leaves, tomato, cheese (HEX - A) + apple + 2 satsuma
d - pork stir-fry and egg fried rice (3 syns for small amt of oil and honey used for 4 portions) + Apple

Fluids- lots green mint, peppermint tea + sugar free squash
body magic - couch to 5k and lunchtime wii fit 😂

That's a spectacular loss! :0clapper:It's clearly working for you :) How do you make your coleslaw? Is it any good, tasty? I have done nothing but fail with coleslaw soggy and sour mostly. I'd be interested to see your recipe, if you can share! 🤣
I’m so pleased, it definitely didn’t work as well in the past! But having no work lunches/dinners and no eating out generally is obviously working.
It’s a pinch of nom one, hubby made it (he’s self employed and not able to work at the moment so I’ve got my own personal chef 😂😂)
it was ok, a bit watery but that might also be because hubby has no concept of shredding cabbage, it had quite big squares of cabbage and shredded carrots 😂😂. I’m not complaining as I'm doing all the meal planning and he’s doing all the food prep and cooking (Just didn’t think I’d have to tell him how to shred cabbage!)

I’m so pleased, it definitely didn’t work as well in the past! But having no work lunches/dinners and no eating out generally is obviously working.
It’s a pinch of nom one, hubby made it (he’s self employed and not able to work at the moment so I’ve got my own personal chef 😂😂)
it was ok, a bit watery but that might also be because hubby has no concept of shredding cabbage, it had quite big squares of cabbage and shredded carrots 😂😂. I’m not complaining as I'm doing all the meal planning and he’s doing all the food prep and cooking (Just didn’t think I’d have to tell him how to shred cabbage!)
First if all well done in your loss. 4.2kg so far is fantastic.
I had to laugh about " i didn't realise I had to tell him how to shred a cabbage".
I make my own coleslaw & use set Greek yogurt (FF) but have to use it within couple of days before going watery & soggy. Mind you I don't use onion as I am allergic to raw onion.

First if all well done in your loss. 4.2kg so far is fantastic.
I had to laugh about " i didn't realise I had to tell him how to shred a cabbage".
I make my own coleslaw & use set Greek yogurt (FF) but have to use it within couple of days before going watery & soggy. Mind you I don't use onion as I am allergic to raw onion.
Thank you, yes it had 0% yoghurt it it and quark I think 🤔

l - w/meal roll (HEX-B) with lots of salad Leaves, tomato, cheese (HEX - A) + apple + satsuma
d - spaghetti with prawns + sun dried toms chopped up + chilli + lemon + lots of rocket (2syns)

3 absolutely delicious 35ml gin mare and s/l tonic (12 syns) (the alcohol will probably make the weight stick this week but at the moment I feel it as worth it😋😋)

Back