Fit at Forty 1

Breakfast- 0% Greek yoghurt with raspberries and strawberries
Lunch - Apple, 2 plums ham & wholegrain mustard salad sandwich (0.5 syns), square of kinder bueno (1.5 syns) (HEB)
Dinner - pasta with bacon and passata + salad + roasted leek & cherry tomatoes + 50g mozzarella (HEA)
Mullerlight chocolate fix (5 syns)

Really needed something sweet today

Body Magic - long walk
Fluids - green tea, peppermint tea, diluting juice

We've another birthday on the house tomorrow but I've planned the menu to ge sw friendly 😊
20200508_105137.jpg
20200523_132146.jpg
20200523_181536.jpg

Last edited:
Breakfast- 0% Greek yoghurt with raspberries and strawberries
Lunch - Apple, 2 plums ham & wholegrain mustard salad sandwich (0.5 syns), square of kinder bueno (1.5 syns) (HEB)
Dinner - pasta with bacon and passata + salad + roasted leek & cherry tomatoes + 50g mozzarella (HEA)
Mullerlight chocolate fix (5 syns)

Really needed something sweet today

Body Magic - long walk
Fluids - green tea, peppermint tea, diluting juice

We've another birthday on the house tomorrow but I've planned the menu to ge sw friendly 😊
Your dinner sounds lovely!

2nd lockdown birthday celebration in our house today.
breakfast - 0% Greek yoghurt with raspberries and strawberries
lunch - pear, nectarine, ham salad sandwich with tomato relish and sq of dark choc (2.5 syns)
dinner - fillet steak with diane sauce (recipe from here Diane sauce) (1 syn for brandy - probably doesn’t count as tee-total but hoping 1/2 tbsp isn’t going to do too much harm!), mushrooms, roasted veg, carrots and broccoli + meringue ( 2x 2.5 syns) with 1/2 fat creme fraiche (4 syns) and strawberries & raspberries (got to keep left over fruit for my breakfast yoghurt tomorrow)
body magic - couch to 5k, long walk

plenty of green tea, peppermint tea and diluting juice as normal
20200524_185250.jpg
20200524_192351.jpg

Really fancied toast for breakfast this morning (actually fancied poached eggs with it but was having eggs later)

B - w/meal toast topped with banana & berries and a little 0%greek yoghurt and cinnamon (HEB)
L - struggled a bit as I'd already used by HEB and was having half HEA for dinner. Should have made soup but had a salad with ham and half HEA. Started with a pear and 2 plums. Also a mullerlight yoghurt (0.5syns)
D- chicken & broccoli crustless quiche half HEA + 1/2 portion of chocolate cake (7 syns)

Body magic - long walk and 20 mins on wii fit
Green tea, peppermint tea and diluting juice
20200525_184033.jpg
20200525_133440.jpg
IMG-20200525-WA0000.jpg

B - melon, banana on toast (HEB)
L- fresh cherry leftover veg and potato made into a frittata + ham & HEA cheese
D- sw chicken tikka masala and rice (with chickpeas added to suit non- chicken eating child)
Activia yoghurt 0.5 suns

Green tea, peppermint tea and diluting juice

Body magic - couch to 5k, walk

Now going to watch bake-off professionals 🙈🙊 there's a fruit salad on it.
20200526_124729.jpg
20200526_201746.jpg
20200526_085135.jpg

Last edited:
Breakfast - yoghurt and berries
Snacks - nectarine, Apple
Lunch - ham salad sandwich with relish and a muller light (HEB + 1 syn)
Dinner - red pesto pasta with peas and salad + grated cheddar because I forgot about HEA today! (4 syns)

Body Magic - long walk

Been in lots of meetings today so only managed 7 mugs green or peppermint tea today, too much talking and not enough drinking so I’m feeling a bit dehydrated. I’ll have a couple more mugs of peppermint tea tonight.
20200527_172753.jpg

Last edited:
WI day, loss 0.5kg not much but the right direction.

B - berries and 0% yoghurt
L - roasted veg pasta with cheese *HEA + activa yoghurt (0.5 syns)
D - pea & potato curry and rice (3syns for oil)
S - pear

Really wanted the pasta at lunch forgetting I was then having potatoes AND rice for dinner and I've still got to fit in HEB - might have some cashews

Body magic - couch to 5k and I'm just off for a little walk
20200528_125938.jpg
20200528_174503.jpg

Woke up needing some fresh air and wasnt feeling all that hungry (maybe all the carbs yesterday 😂)
Went for a walk before it got too hot, still hitting 20° before 9am though!
Had some fruit and an activia for breakfast - similar to what I usually have but felt different. Not decided on lunch yet but maybe tuna salad

B - apple, plum, cherries + activia 0% fat& sugar (0.5 syns)
L - ham salad
D - chickpea & halloumi burgers with salad on w/meal roll (Def HEA + HEB plus a couple of syns which I'll count up when I'm making dinner) 5 syns + .5 for relish (only had one if tsp on my plate) + .5 for mullerlight (needed something sweet)

I know the chickpea burgers look dry but they're really not - next time we're going to put less halloumi in as it could probably use less and taste the same. BBQ'd them which has always been risky before as they fall apart, we pre-cooked in oven first this time and they held together a bit better
20200529_122908.jpg
20200529_185418.jpg

Last edited:
Delicious! dinner today looks amazing as always.
Your right about it getting hot today I’m all sunburned, Years i lived in America and never got it, spend one hour in bloody Scotland and I’m burnt.
LOL
Yes, the Scottish sun burns me too but then so does the American sun (and once the Blackpool sun too 😂🥵) it was really hot today, I was inside working for most of it but sat out for a bit after work

Yes, the Scottish sun burns me too but then so does the American sun (and once the Blackpool sun too 😂🥵) it was really hot today, I was inside working for most of it but sat out for a bit after work
The reason being is that the air is fresh and the sun comes straight down rather than through smoke & smug.

I love spring/summer but don't like the heat at all - at the moment temperature is right for me.

Woke up needing some fresh air and wasnt feeling all that hungry (maybe all the carbs yesterday 😂)
Went for a walk before it got too hot, still hitting 20° before 9am though!
Had some fruit and an activia for breakfast - similar to what I usually have but felt different. Not decided on lunch yet but maybe tuna salad

B - apple, plum, cherries + activia 0% fat& sugar (0.5 syns)
L - ham salad
D - chickpea & halloumi burgers with salad on w/meal roll (Def HEA + HEB plus a couple of syns which I'll count up when I'm making dinner) 5 syns + .5 for relish (only had one if tsp on my plate) + .5 for mullerlight (needed something sweet)

I know the chickpea burgers look dry but they're really not - next time we're going to put less halloumi in as it could probably use less and taste the same. BBQ'd them which has always been risky before as they fall apart, we pre-cooked in oven first this time and they held together a bit better
View attachment 196110View attachment 196113
Yummy! Perfect food in this BBQ weather!
Also- I know what you mean about working from home. It's frustrating being stuck in when the weather is so glorious! Make sure to take as many breaks as you can ❤ xx

Very rarely for me but I slept until 9:30! Was going to go for couch to 5k before it got too hot😬 not much chance of that now as its already 19°
Think it might be hard going today but going to attempt it.

Menu plan for today which I'll edit throughout the day

B- berries and yoghurt+ banana
L- pear, apple and ham & relish w/meal roll (HEB)
D- baked pots, tuna, beans and cheese with salad (2 syns +HEA)
S - sorbet 4.5 syns (its 22° at 5pm, rare for here)

Didn't do couch to 5k as it's so hot but went for a long walk instead. I've got a bit of flex and can do it tomorrow if I'm up early enough!
20200530_105552.jpg
20200530_163803.jpg
20200530_185930.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like another hot one today!
Managed to get out and did my couch to 5K before it got too hot!
Fancied something different for breakfast today, also think I'm eating too much fruit over veg so going to try to balance it out a bit more.
Off to see in-laws today for first time in over 3 months, looking forward to it. Having 4 of us in the house fulltime has been interesting but actually ok, helps 2 of us are at work/school.

B - bacon, mushroom, tomato and a Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary vege sausage (1st try, not too sure, more like stuffing than sausage but eldest has just turned vege and they're still free so thought I'd try them out)
L - tuna salad w/meal roll (HEB + 1 syn for mayo)
Didn't manage to make it past lunchtime without my berries and yoghurt (raspberry activia .5 syns) 😂
D - bean chilli & rice + taco shell (HEA for cheese, 1 syn for 50% creme fraiche + 2 x 3.5 suns for taco shell)
Luckily the avocado wasn't ripe as I would have been just over of syns (not that I would have let that bother me too much as they're so good and good for you that I don't mind, don't have them that often now)

I forgot how delicious this bean chilli is, it's the best version I've tasted and was finished before the meat version last time we had it with wider family. I think I prefer it now to meat chilli. Bonus is that it serves 8 large portions (actually more like 14 if you're adding rice and salad etc. This batch with serve me and eldest 7 times!)
Glad I saved syns for tacos and creme fraiche + my HEA for cheese, made dinner really lovely 😋

After couch to 5k this morning, we went for an hour bike ride too

All in a great Sunday 😊 hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend

Will update with changes throughout the day
20200531_094150.jpg
20200531_135019.jpg
20200531_181527.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like another hot one today!
Managed to get out and did my couch to 5K before it got too hot!
Fancied something different for breakfast today, also think I'm eating too much fruit over veg so going to try to balance it out a bit more.
Off to see in-laws today for first time in over 3 months, looking forward to it. Having 4 of us in the house fulltime has been interesting but actually ok, helps 2 of us are at work/school.

B - bacon, mushroom, tomato and a Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary vege sausage (1st try, not too sure, more like stuffing than sausage but eldest has just turned vege and they're still free so thought I'd try them out)
L - tuna salad w/meal roll (HEB + 1 syn for mayo)
Didn't manage to make it past lunchtime without my berries and yoghurt (raspberry activia .5 syns) 😂
D - bean chilli & rice + taco shell (HEA for cheese, will count some 50% creme fraiche + 3.5 suns for taco shell)

Will update with changes throughout the day View attachment 196164View attachment 196165
Love the look of your cooked breakfast.

Hope you had a good time with the in laws.

I am going to go out soon and do my daily walk. Thermometer shows 25 degree in the shade. We have a bit of breeze so should be ok I think.

Back