Fitted waistbands from now on for me

parisbeach

Silver Member
No more am i buying elasticated waist bands as i sure that's why i put on weight in first place as seemed to go from 12stone to 17st plus overnight.
anyone else felt this was the case?

Its a good feeling isnt it, its taken me ages to get into fitted trousers :) well done

yes it is a good feeling as only fitted item i had in wardrobe was my wedding dress at one point and for that to be to big on me now, i thought no more stretchy, so no excuse to put on .lol

I am so used to wearing elasticated waists as they are so comfy, but I do agree totally that they can lull you into a sense of false safety, weight wise.
My size 12 wardrobe that awaits me once I am at goal is a mix of both fitted and elasticated waistbands, so that should help with the on-going monitoring to keep me trim.
In the past I recall having a 'size 12' black elasticated skirt that could be happily worn when I weighed anything between 9:10 and 12:5 , lol, what a flexible skirt!

well done on the fitted waistbands - good for you..

I bought myself some new work clothes last Monday from Matalan and had to take over half of them back, as they were fitted - but not for me... they were too small and there is no way on earth that I was going to buy them in a bigger size - that for me would be just asking for trouble..

so no new clothes for me until I get to where I want to be..

Back