Five Stone in Five Months - I will do it!

DeliciousBoo

Is a woman on a mission.
Like a lot of people on here I have spent years (20 to be precise) dieting. I have done everything from WeightWatchers to Atkins, Cambridge to Cabbage soup and I am so fed up of being on a diet...and failing. Help!

Last edited:
Hey DeliciousBoo,

I think you can make it to your target! All the exercise should sort it out faster. I used to exercise but ive become to lazy :eek: Still losing a few pounds though. Good luck on the weightloss journey!

145 days to go

The family and myself are having a lazy Sunday today - after a week of decorating, going to work and the odd dissapointment...(my son didn't get the college placement he wanted for next year). :sigh:

My menu

Brekkie - Fresh melon and grape salad
Lunch - Garlic chicken, carrots, cauli, cabbage and one tablespoon of mashed potato.
Dinner - 250 calorie wholemeal pitta bread, smoked salmon, low fat philly and salad.
Snacks - 3 brazil nuts, 100 calorie Frosties bar

Exercise
Before the rain set in, I went out this morning for a brisk 45 min power walk, tonight I will do a few crunches and toning exercises while watching TV.

Plans
A quick tidy around the house, chill and relax before work tomorrow.
Tonight I have planned a hot bath and then Big Brother before bed.

Something Different Done Today
Started my weight loss diary....wooooo! :D

Last edited:
Thank you number one :), I will give it 100%.

Good luck on your dieting journey too, you are already making great strides towards your goal. X x Well done. X X

You go for it girl!! It can be done - I will be reaching 5 months on my diet at the end of this month and HOPEFULLY I won't be too far off a 5 stone overall loss either. GOOD LUCK! :D

Like a lot of people on here I have spent years (20 to be precise) dieting. I have done everything from WeightWatchers to Atkins, Cambridge to Cabbage soup and I am so fed up of being on a diet...and failing.
I just can't stick to a diet, I hate rules and boundaries...hence I am packing five stone of excess flub. I am so fed up of being overweight, fat, unfit and most of all...I am fed up of disliking myself.

SO...I am doing something about it...I will be free of this smothering, stilting, security blanket of obesity.

I am taking the next five months to lose five stone in weight. By October 31st (when I am going to have a huge Halloween party), I want to be slim, fit and looking fabulous.
3469.jpg

My plan...

I am going to eat well, exercise everyday and treat myself once a week with naughty, pleasurable food (wine, choccy, crisps etc) and I will stop at the magic number - one. One bag of crisps, one bar of chocolate, one bottle :pof wine.

I am not calorie counting fruit and veg, however I will be using portion control/calorie counting with protein, fats and complex carbs.

I actually started three weeks ago on Monday May 18th (tomorrow is my next official weigh day). I lost 7lbs in the first week and 3lbs last week, so I am happy with my progress so far.

I want to keep this diary to motivate myself, I am coming up to my three week fed up point - three weeks in I usually get bored and decide to have the mother of all binges and never get quite back on track. NOT THIS TIME! :mad:

145 days to go - 21 weigh ins - 60lbs left to lose = 2.8lb loss needed per week.

Hi DeliciousBoo,

You sound so motivated!! My reasons for starting dieting are similar to yours, I spent years being overweight and I was fed up blaming it on everything and having it hold me back. I was sick of reading magazines with the weight loss stories and thinking, that will never be me, then one day I thought why not...why can't it be me.

I was hoping to have lost all of my weight by this summer, as I was hoping for a stone a month, thats been 4 months now and iv nearly lost 3 stone, so its a bit slower than I would have liked, so i'm now aiming for oct/dec. I have around 4 stone still to lose, but would be happy with 3.

Good luck
;)

You go for it girl!! It can be done - I will be reaching 5 months on my diet at the end of this month and HOPEFULLY I won't be too far off a 5 stone overall loss either. GOOD LUCK! :D

Nic,

Cant believe how well you've done! Could you post an example of a days worth of food? I meant to ask you in the other thread, do you count in drinks?

I think another thing thats holding me back is the fact that i'm so skint that I cant really afford alot of fresh fish and meat, im ok with fruit, but my diet lacking in meat.

:)

Littlemiss,

I've just written down what I've had today so far for Serafyn in the July Challenge thread. I don't really count my drinks no, because I only drink water in the day after my 2 morning cups of coffee (white semi + half teaspoon brown sugar) I do have a glass of white wine most nights though but I never count them ;) This is the only alcoholic drink I like though. I also forgot to mention that I eat a lot of quorn too which I substitute for meat and fish for my evening meal sometimes. I also eat quite late - 9ish so that hasn't held me back either. Protein keeps you fuller for longer so it's a good idea to try and eat some with your meal. I haven't had a ready meal in over 4 months and the only frozen food I have is the quorn Burgers and sausages) It's a plain diet but it works for me!

Littlemiss,

I've just written down what I've had today so far for Serafyn in the July Challenge thread. I don't really count my drinks no, because I only drink water in the day after my 2 morning cups of coffee (white semi + half teaspoon brown sugar) I do have a glass of white wine most nights though but I never count them ;) This is the only alcoholic drink I like though. I also forgot to mention that I eat a lot of quorn too which I substitute for meat and fish for my evening meal sometimes. I also eat quite late - 9ish so that hasn't held me back either. Protein keeps you fuller for longer so it's a good idea to try and eat some with your meal. I haven't had a ready meal in over 4 months and the only frozen food I have is the quorn Burgers and sausages) It's a plain diet but it works for me!

Hi

Yeah im the same as you, I eat my dinner late sometimes, but its never effected my weight loss. I count my teas and coffees into my calories, but not diluting juice which I drink during the day, I occasionally have a couple of chips from my daughters dinner or a cpl squares of chocolate from my OH but I dont count that in as its such a small amount.

And you've done all this without exercising!! I've have on and off weeks with exercising, but lost slightly more on the weeks iv done it.

:)

THanks girls. x x
You have both done really well and it's very inspiring to know that will be me in a few months time.
Keep up the good work, you are both on target to have a super slim and fit Autumn. x x

Best of luck, xx

Thank you Serafyn. x x

I weighed in today and I have lost 2lbs this week...I am pleased :) but needed 3lbs to stay on target...so I am aiming for 4lbs next week to make up for the deficit.
I have had a crappy headache all day which is making me feel a bit down, so I was very tempted to buy a chocolate fruit and nutbar, it would sooooo make me feel better...albeit briefly. But I was good and I resisted and grabbed a pear instead.

144 days to go - 20 weigh ins - 58lbs left to lose = 2.9lbs loss needed per week.

My menu

Brekkie - Fresh pineapple, five brazil nuts
Lunch - Wholemeal pitta with tuna, lemon juice and salad
Dinner - Chicken breast, 150 cals of oven chips, roast tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and peas.
Snacks - Pear, apple, two crackers with low fat philly.

approx cals: 1160

Exercise
45 min power walk, 15 min of crunches, squats, lunges etc

Plans
Work until 4pm, quick tidy through, power walk, Big Brother and then to bed with my new book.

Today I bought a book by Martina Cole, "The Take". I have never read any of her work before but my friends say that she is a very good writer...gripping thrillers with an edge of gore. I shall start reading it tonight.

Hi again, just wanted to say well done on your 2lb loss this week but don't get disheartened if you don't lose 3lb every week and feel as though you have to make it up by losing 4 the next. If you look at it that way you'll probably always be playing catch up and weigh day will be come a dread. Try breaking your weight loss down to mini goals instead of one great big one which is 5 months away. Maybe you won't hit them all exactly on time but you won't be far off if they are say 7 to 10lbs apart. This way you're always striving for something that's not too far into the future.

Thank you for your input Nic. x x

Well done on your weight losses, they are fabulous. You have done so well in such a short space of time. I am soooo jealous. x x

I set myself weekly little goals that will lead to my main goal, but it doesn't make me distracted or upset if I don't hit that goal, I am just happy to be sticking to a healthy eating plan and moving towards my eventual goal, even at one pound a week. The thing that tends to take me off plan is a bad day...that bad day that turns to a bar of chocolate and then the attitude that follows - "What the hell, I have broke my diet, may as well really blow it and start again tomorrow"...then tomorrow never comes.
That is why I am so pleased I avoided the choccy bar today...another crisis averted. :D

And I just noticed...you're in the tens!!!! Fabulous! I can't wait to join you.

Have a great evening,

Boo x

Really good luck Boo. I'm doing something similar although I'm trying not to count anything, just make healthy choices.

I particularly like your countdown (days, no. of weigh ins etc) and your something different done today in your signature. After all, you know what they say: if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

Good luck! I'll be following your progress and congratulating you on your success in no time...

DeliciousBoo,

I have around 6st to lose and want to have lost 3st of it by my 20th birthday ~ 8th nov ~

That Martina Cole will stop you from eating so much believe me!! I have read a few of her books, including the take, and i can never put them down. I try to distract myself with a good book or cross stitching. I have just read Vanish By Tess Gerritsen, i read it in a week. Although i have a 17 month old baby lol. He loves me reading to him, anything it doesn't matter what so i can sit there fore hours reading to him and he just smiles and talks away to me.

I think it might be because when i was pregnant i was told to read to him ~ silly i know ~ but i thought well i might as well just try it once and that night he didn't kick me once, i had the best nights sleep that i had in the previous 6 months so carried on. Now he loves it just as much.

A good book or a cross stitch chart is all i need to keep me motivated ~ and minimins ofcourse ~ lol

Goodluck and keep me posted on how you are doing

MrsMe xXx

Morning everybody, thank you for your support. :hug99:

The countdown is what keeps me focused Zoe, those days just seem to be ticking down so fast. :eek:

Good luck with your dieting goals ladies, I am sure that if we all support each other it can help us achieve those targets. x x

I had bit of a low day yesterday all work and no play. I forgot to take my packed lunch into work and in a stupid, stressed moment I bought two Snickers bars and a ready made pasta salad (loaded with mayo)...and ate them. :eek: (Totting up the calories...1024....arghhhh!)
I was very cross with myself as I have been eating so well for a few weeks. After beating myself up for a couple of hours, I realised I was going to have to change my mindset from how it normally functioned after "blowing" my diet. I accepted that I ate the rubbish food and praised the fact that I didn't allow those poor choices to turn into a full blown binge like I have so many times in the past.
I guess success starts with small changes.

So I shall spend the next few days before weigh day working extra hard so hopefully that junk food doesn't affect my loss.

141 days to go - 20 weigh ins - 58lbs left to lose = 2.9lbs loss needed per week.

My menu

Brekkie - Fresh fruit salad
Lunch - Half wholemeal bagel, philly, sliced chicken and organic tomatoes
Dinner - portion of Cod in butter sauce, carrots, peas, broccoli
Snacks - Pear, Peach, two ryvvita with sugar free peanut butter.
Approx cals: 1100

Exercise
45 min power walking, 15 mins crunches/squats/lunges etc

Plans
Day off yay!, hit the shops, clean the U/S bathroom, hoover through, exercise, write next weeks diet menu, carry on reading book.

I am going to join my local library. If I am going to start reading a few more books for relaxation, rather than eat for relaxation...I may as well borrow the books for free rather than keep buying them. That will certainly save a few pounds. ;)

Delicious Boo,

You shouldn't worry too much about the salad and chocs. Last week i had 2 large kebabs smothered in chilli and mayo, 1/2 pounder bacon cheese burger and a KFC wicked zinger tower meal (not in one go lol:p) And i managed to lose 3lbs.

You should allow yourself a cheat day, although some people don't go back to their diets after this so watch out!!!

I am desperate to get htis weight off wanna lose 3st by summer so i can go to the beach with my lil boy or take him swimming without feeling self concious. Really need to get myself sorted!!!

Feeling a bit down again at the mo about it. But i will pick myself up and dust myself down and carry on with this up hill battle.

Goodluck and Keep me posted everyone

MrsMe xXx

Back