Flapjacks

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by elong75, 13 October 2008 Social URL.

1. elong75

elong75 Member

Hi

The pharmacist said they were horrible but I am really craving some actual `food` are they worth a try. I am just starting day 3.

Thanks

Emma:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MorbidBubblewrap

MorbidBubblewrap Is thinking positive!

Diet:
    Lipotrim *WOOHOO*
    No harm in trying them hey?? :eek::D

Some Like them some hate them..Bit like marmite :p I found the peanut butter ones to be slightly better than the coconut but they are both still disgusting!! But you never know you may just like them :) Hi by the way..Good luck with you're LT journey.

4. elong75

elong75 Member

wow, look at your weightloss its fantastic.

Emma

5. Medea

Medea Is Irrepressible!! : )

Diet:
    Lipotrim Madness..... compliments my personality! : )
    I think the fj are ok!

The coconut ones have definitely had a bit of a makeover now though as they actually taste like coconut (not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me though). However, ScaryCatLady had one the other day (bearing in mind she had tried a bit prior to starting LT) and said they did taste better.

However, a couple of weeks ago I had to munch through a peanut one that was sooo salty I thought I was going to vomit. Didn't think too much about it until I had another peanut one last night. I had a couple of bites and then decided enough was enough and chucked it away. Luckily I have a spares pack- so I haven't missed a meal. It only appears to be the peanut ones that have been affected- and its not all of them btw.

Try it, you might like it :D (but get a couple in a spares pack- then at least you won't go hungry!) xx

6. Sheep

Sheep on the up lol

Diet:
    lipotrim
    never tryed them :rolleyes: but aint u spose to have them after the first week ?

7. andhow

andhow Full Member

i read somewhere on here that you can pour half a vanilla shake over half a flapjack and it's like having cereal - I've yet to be convinced!!

8. Peggie

Peggie Full Member

I have a peanut flapjack and a cuppa every day for my 4pm feed - yum! (I thought the coconut ones were foul though.)

9. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Flapjacks are an acquired taste...the Marmite description is pretty apt.

Usually you wait two weeks before taking them as by then your body is use to all the vitamins and minerals in LT as they come across very strong in the flapjacks which overpowers the peanut and coconut flavours...in time you can taste the peanut and coconut flavour more than the vitamins.

I find they are great for having something to chew...it still takes me almost an hour to eat a whole one.:)

Love Mini xxx

10. Kilobel

Kilobel Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Seems some people on here love em, I think they are like shoes soles but defo worth a try.
    My pharmacist advises not to try them til around week 3 tho, I dont know if this is because your taste buds alter (& they definately do) so maybe after that they actually taste better (I never tried em again lol)
    Good luck
    x

11. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I have a peanut flapjack a day and find them fine, though some batches are better than others!!! I like to chew and they are convenient if you are on the go. I have them at work and have even been known to eat one in the car when I am out and realise I haven't had a "meal". It is worth trying one but, as Medea suggested, ask your pharmacist if you can buy some extras just incase you don't like it or so you have a few in reserve just in case you can't get to the pharmacy on WI day. When I started there were the 2 May Bank Holidays coming up and work commitments so I bought 2 weeks worth one week so if my WI couldn't be first thing Monday I'd still have packs to get me through.

x

12. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    As mentioned i was told no flatjacks till week 3 ... hmm wonder why i didnt question it but my pharmacist lets me take back any unopened packets i don't like so that helps - good luck i am on day 7 it gets easier xx

13. daisy2002

daisy2002 Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I would try them, you might just like them.
    I can only stomach the vanilla shakes & thats all i have but other like other flavours so everyone is different.

Personally i think they are horrible. Just the smell alone was horrible & the taste was even worse. However others like it so try one.

14. BypassBee

BypassBee =D

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(31.14%)
    Diet:
    bypass
    is there any reason you shouldnt have them in the first week?
    does it slow down weight loss?

Rebecca .x.

15. Little Miss Living

Little Miss Living Full Member

i broke a coconut one up into a warm choc shake!!!! Rank!!!! The coconut flapjack reminds me of what i think eating cigarettes would taste like!!! Took me over an hour to eat, mushed the fj up to crumbs in the end just to try get it down!!! everyone's diff tho so i think you should try, follow the pharmacists advice, wait til wk 3 and buy an extra shake in case you can't stomach it!!!

16. Khandi

Khandi Silver Member

Diet:
    Diet Chef - this time round *sigh*
    My pharmacist told me not to try the FJ til after 2 weeks but when i went on Friday i asked for one of each flavour to try. I took a nibble of the coconut one yday, scraped it out of my mouth, N-A-S-T-Y!!!! I ain't even going to try finishing it. Luckily (or not so luckily) i missed a meal yday cos i wasnt well and slept through. I couldnt face tryin to force it down after the chicken soup made me want to hurl (no previous probs with it), so i have an extra pkt

17. BypassBee

BypassBee =D

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(31.14%)
    Diet:
    bypass

odd that you have thought about what they would taste like... most people on diets think of food... lol :sign0151:

:D

.x.

Little Miss Living likes this.
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. CAZ72

CAZ72 Silver Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    flapjacks what can i say;RANK,DISGUSTING,YUK!!!! but hey some people like them....BUT I CERTAINLY DON'T, lol

20. BypassBee

BypassBee =D

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(31.14%)
    Diet:
    bypass
    your not filling me with confidence!!

i checked out the CD diet today... those lucky ducks get like a million diff flavors and chewable things... boy did i pick the wrong diet!

.x.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.