Flappy skin?

nuzzy

Hey all, I'm so excited to lose my weight (currently 16stone 5)! I'm on my first week and aiming to lose 9 stone.

Just a couple of questions for you amazing people that have become an inspiration, do you exercise regularly? I'm not feeling energetic right now

Also, having lost a tremendous amount of weight, do you get flappy skin? Is there anything I should be doing to prevent this from happening??

Do not exercise until you feel ready, your energy will come back in no time and you will feel the benefits of eating healthier and loosing weight. I think setting small goals is the best thing personally and i would suggest rewards on maybe every stone. Everyones body and skin is different but you can always exercise and tone up once the weight is lost but i would recommend light exercise building yourself up when you feel you have enough energy. Good luck xxxx

I wouldn't exercise as yet, u build muscle when you exercise, which at times weighs heavier at sometimes, just let the shakes drop the weight then exercise when your at your goal weight x

i know you dont need to exercise but surely it must be better to do some as your going along?

Yes as long as its only light exercise like walking, skipping ect nothing to major as you are not getting enough calories to burn off, and instead of burning your fat it will start burning your muscle

Exercising on TFR can have a detrimental affect on your weightloss. You're not getting many calories a day with the shakes and if you try burn off more by exercising frequently your body can sometimes go into a "starvation mode" where it - unaware you're purposely on a VLCD - will try store fat to help you survive.

Sometimes your weight loss is normal, better than normal but also can be really slow. So up to you. Also remember you have very little protein going in every day if you attempt to tone up properly.

Exercising on TFR can have a detrimental affect on your weightloss. You're not getting many calories a day with the shakes and if you try burn off more by exercising frequently your body can sometimes go into a "starvation mode" where it - unaware you're purposely on a VLCD - will try store fat to help you survive.

Sometimes your weight loss is normal, better than normal but also can be really slow. So up to you. Also remember you have very little protein going in every day if you attempt to tone up properly.

Lol you put it better than me x

I appreciate your feedback guys,
i have been wondering what to start but want to be careful. At the moment i have started walking the dog for an hour every other day and its been fine, although one day i cut it a little short as i felt tired and it was uphillish. I was thinking of joining the local zumba classes twice a week at the local school as ive seen quite a few bigger girls going but i was worried about it have a negative effect on weight loss - so maybe better i dont just for the moment and stick with my woofy walks!

If exercise is maybe not ideal, are there any alternative options to help along the way with loose skin?

Cheers x

Back