Flat Scotch Egg!!!

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I was a bit of a lazy so and so yesterday, making the meat mix go round the egg is slippery work so i changed what I was doing, decided to share it with you all.

250g Turkey Mince (I used thigh mince)
2 Boiled Egg - Sliced
1 Small Shallot - chopped
2 Small gherkins - sliced
Basil
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Herbs De Provence
1 Beaten Egg
Oatbran (i used 1tbsp oatbran and .5tbs of wheatbran which was my left over allowances)
Cling film

I flattened the turkey with my hands into the bottom of a bowl and then sprinkled the basil, garlic powder, black pepper, herbs and then kneeded it all together. The add beaten egg and mix further.

Take a good length of cling film and put turkey on one half of it. Fold over the other side and start flattening the turkey with your hands. The cling film keeps it all together, and if you want to straighten off the sides you just lift the clingfilm edges and slightly push against the sides of the mince.

Now take the sliced egg and gherkins and place on one half of the turkey mince, don't go fully to the three edges. Once you have layered this up, carefully lift the other side of the turkey, holding the cling film and quickly flip it over on top of the other side....basically folding in half.
Then using the cling film to help you on all four sides, one at a time, make sure the edges are sealed by pushing against the sides..

Put the oatbran into a small bowl, or use a spoon and sprinkle it all over the side facing up. I then put my cooking tray over the top of this and put a hand underneath, where the clingfilm was, and flipped the whole thing over. This then presents the other side for the oatbran sprinkle.

Bake in oven (I used halogen) at 180 for approx 20-25min or until you are happy with the cooking.

I then made a dip

50ml Yogurt (5 dspn)
30ml quark (2 tbsp)
Mix together and then I added
Chilli flakes and Lime Juice.

This added a nice spice to the turkey as i cut pieces off and dipped it in.

I think this would also be nice on a pv day by adding chopped tomatoes to the layer.

2012-10-23 17.20.43.jpg

This is a big meal and could quite easily be split into two portions, but the more protein the better eh? ;)

Dnsf......brilliant looks great xxx

Back