Flavored Water High In ProPoints???

Hi,

So i'm new to both this website and WW and i was just wondering if anyone could answer me!

I bought some sparkling flavored water from tesco (their own brand white grape & blackberry) and thinking it shouldnt be many points as its very low in calories, but decided to just make sure as i don't want to not be certain.

I then googled it to make sure (because the books didn't have the points in them for the water) and someone was saying flavored water was very high in points around 8 per 1 and a half litre! (the water she said she was drinking was volvic strawberry flavored water)
But then when i used the points calculator where you put in the amount of calories and saturated fat and it said 1L of the water i bought should be half a point (250ml = 5 Cals and trace saturated fats)

I don't want to start drinking this water and then end up going over my points!
Any input would be great :D

um i wud think that anything under 100cals is relatively safe. i wudnt point this water if the rest of ur daily menu is healthy i cant imagine flavored water impacting all that much. better then fizzy drinks...its all about small changes and making wiser decisions. most things of 100 cals or less seem to come in between 1 and 2 pp. good luck:)

I think it depends on the water. Some of them are flavoured with sugars instead of sweetners, hence the high PP value. I'd bet, though, that the ones that are 3 or 4 calories per portion are going to be points free. It's basically a diet soft drink, really, so shouldn't be coming out as much.

iv just noticed that 2 iv been drinkin volvic peach and orange water and realised its 8 propoints im shocked iv been drinkin it all week.i thought i was doin great drinkin water 1.5litres evry day now im proble goin to be up on the scales:-(

iv just noticed that 2 iv been drinkin volvic peach and orange water and realised its 8 propoints im shocked iv been drinkin it all week.i thought i was doin great drinkin water 1.5litres evry day now im proble goin to be up on the scales:-(

it depends if it is the sugar free one or not, if it isnt then your correct if its sugar free, it should be free hun :)

Back