Flavoured Water

Buzzybee82

Hi,

I'm just starting back on Slim & Save today after a 5 month break and I am wondering what flavoured water is allowed to be drunk? I know you're not allowed citric acid and I've been having a hard time finding some without it. I have found some in spar and was wondering if it's ok to drink. The ingredients are as follows;

Carbonated spring water, flavourings, malic acid, raspberry juice from concentrate (0.1%), sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame K), acidity regulators (sodium citrates), preservative (sodium benzoate).
contains a source of phenylalanine.

Do you think this is ok to drink? If so should it be limited to a certain amount per day?

What all drinks are ok to take?

thanks!!!

S&S have a list of what drinks are allowed on their website in the FAQ section, it's quite a decent sized list

Just ignore the Strawberry & Kiwi from Sainsburys on their list, it now contains citric acid :(

I don't think their are any limits on flavoured water. I think the 500ml of Coke Zero per day was because it can make some people crave? I'm not 100% on that though.

Flavoured water was a massive help for me in the first few weeks... I really don't like plain water, but am getting better with it.

Perfectly clear apple water or Iceland apple water

I usually throw on some flavouring, I always try to get down a litre plain water first

Thanks guys, that really helps! I'll be away to the shops after work to buy some flavoured water. There's only so much peppermint tea I can drink!!

Noooo, the sainsburys drink isnt allowed now?! I love that drink aswell! :(

I loved it too, it was my favourite and I could easily drink lots of it. I made a thread about it now containing citric acid about a week ago http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/274057-sainsburys-strawberry-kiwi-now-has-citric-acid.html and babs11 told me that the same brand in flavour blackcurrant and cherry doesn't contain citric acid, so I bought some of that instead... haven't tried it yet though.

I first noticed they changed the design of the bottles and wanted to double check that's all that had changed so checked the ingredients and saw that it now contains citric acid.

Unless your local sainsburys still does the old style bottles then you might be ok! bulk buy I say incase they change over to the newer bottles :D

But I guess if citric acid doesn't doesn't interfere with ketosis for you then you could still have it. I'm just extra paranoid so wont be drinking it anymore.

I went to Sainsburys and ALL the flavoured water apart from the Blackcurrant & Cherry contained citric acid :(
I bought 4 bottles of the Blackcurrant & Cherry but I really couldn't stand it!

I managed to find some apple flavoured water in B&M without citric acid and the Spar does raspberry & apple water with no citric acid so I'm happy enough to stick with them :)

Our sainsburys still have the malic acid in there strawberry and kiwi x also tesco own still strawberry

Back