Flavourings and essences...

I_dream_slim

Silver Member
Looking for some dukan friendly flavourings-almond, lemon, strawberry etc...are supermarket flavourings (from the cake baking section with food colouring) suitable? Ive tried to look into ingredients...extra special ones seem to be made with veg oil...but normal asda ones are water based-no hydrogenated fat/artificial colouring etc...i dunno. part of my thinks for the tiniest amount that you would use it wouldnt be a problem but i dunno. Could invest in the dukan ones i guess but they are quite exspensive,xx

Like you say, you need to be careful of the ones made predominantly from oil!

It's preferable to buy the alcohol-based variety - as you only use a small amount, the alcohol content is negligible anyway.

Possibly the best flavourings to use are the English Provender Rose Water and Orange Blossom Water, available in Sainsbury's English Provender Co. - Flower Waters as they don't contan alcohol or oil.

Check this thread http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/191529-dukan-dos-donts.html for some very detailed responses on the subject!

Thanks for your thread-will check it all out, x

I'll be honest here and admit that this is one of the grey areas of the Dukan diet in France. The official response (in my day) when we queried the very dubious composition of the "arômes" in the supermarket and on his own website was that "you only use a few drops".

Sooo we did...

Okay-ive gone for it and ordered a couple of nice flavours, alcohol based, from asda. I have very exspensive natural vaniila extract (not essence) already so wont buy anymore of that..have put the tiniest bit into a kind of cheesecake recipe from the coaching site today and it realy does only take a drop for a great flavour!! Wont be having it every day or every meal but its a good things to have on hand i think! xx

I have dark chocolate, nut and caramel at home in the country. They're all NASTY :( (Should have brought them with me to bring to England, grrr!)

Back