flexible syns question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by claire091287, 11 September 2010 Social URL.

1. claire091287

claire091287 Member

Hi guys, i've never tried using flexible syns before, and i know they're there for special occasions and emergancys only but was just wondering how often, say in a month you can use it. Not planning on doing it often at all, but would feel a bit beter knowing i'm not abusing it lol. thanks in advance Claire :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    There is no official guidelines as to how frequently to use flexible syns - but there is also no guarentee of a loss/maintain after having a flexi-day.

There are there for special occassions - they are designed to allow you to choose a much higher syn level then usual and sticking to that choosen figure and thereby remaining in control and being able to get back on plan the next day. Otherwise there could be the temptation of "I totally screwed that day up, might as well keep going for rest of the week" which can lead to "I screwed up my week, i'll not weigh-in tonight, and get it off next week" which then leads to "one more cake/beer/whatever won't hurt" - and we fall off the wagon.

I use flexible syns only a few times a year - but that's just (in part) how life falls. I've had losses after a flexi-syn day, i've also had gains - the key thing is - i've always gone back on track the next day.

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    ians got it down to a T x

IanH likes this.
  5. downsizingmycurves

downsizingmycurves Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.24%)
    Diet:
    Currently Paul McKenna
    I flexi syn quite often. I'd say about 3 or 4 times a month but that is because I eat out a lot.

Its not hampered my weight loss so far but I expect it will the nearer I get to target.

6. claire091287

claire091287 Member

aww that's great, thank you so much :D I'm not planning on using it often at all but just nice to have a bit of clarification on it :D xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.