Flexinutrition

Hello all,

I've started the above VLCD today and I'm not telling anyone other then my partner so you'll be my only support! :)

Couple of questions
1: Can I have fruit on this diet or is it literally just the given stuff (I have a total replacement plan and I didn't know if total actually meant, like, TOTAL!)
2: what do you guys do when your out for meals? Were out for Mothers day on Sunday and Mum's picked a place with a 3 course set menu. I don't want to 'cheat' so early on but I don't want to have to ask this posh place to make up a sachet for me either!
3: Has anyone done this actual plan? I can't find any mention of Flexinutrition on the Internet anywhere!

Thanks in advance,

Claire

Hi and welcome :D

1. Yes, total means TOTAL! Unless you are deliberately on a program where you have some sachets and a small meal. Fruit is not a good idea at the moment. The aim of the plan is to eat very little carbohydrate so that your body goes into ketosis (fat-burning mode). If you were having food alongside, it would be small amounts of lean protein and veggies, possibly some other bits.

2. Restaurants will usually be able to prepare you something that you can have without taking you out of ketosis (lean protein and green veggies, as above!) Maybe call ahead and let them know you have special dietary requirements.

3. I haven't heard of that brand before, but looking at the flavours, it seems identical to another plan I've seen, just under a different label.

I would spend a bit of time on here reading about the science behind it - all the VLCD's have the same basis, so any of the forums will do, CD, LL, etc - so you get exactly what you need to do and why it matters to do it that way.

Good luck.:D

So, I had a prawn cocktail starter (left the tomato and avocado)
Lamb with no gravy, half a piece of carrot and half a piece of parsnip and cabbage (with no roasties) for main.
Half a scoop of amaretto ice cream for dessert.
I realise these probably are not the best choices in the world but they're the best I could make out of the selection!

I was thinking though - even though I have knocked my body out of ketosis I should still lose weight this week shouldn't I?
I've still only had around 600 calories a day and can't have had Many more at the meal so it's still a diet even if I've not reached ketosis yet, right?

Claire

Ketosis is only a by-product of fat burning, and not an end in itself.

If you've only had 600 cals a day, you can't fail to lose weight.

So, I had a prawn cocktail starter (left the tomato and avocado)
Lamb with no gravy, half a piece of carrot and half a piece of parsnip and cabbage (with no roasties) for main.
Half a scoop of amaretto ice cream for dessert.
I realise these probably are not the best choices in the world but they're the best I could make out of the selection!

I was thinking though - even though I have knocked my body out of ketosis I should still lose weight this week shouldn't I?
I've still only had around 600 calories a day and can't have had Many more at the meal so it's still a diet even if I've not reached ketosis yet, right?

Claire

Hi Claire,

how are you getting on with the new diet?
Hope you have got into the swing of things a bit now.
I started mine about the same time as you....what are the food packs like?

Shaz x

Well I've only lost 4lb in 10 days but bearing in mind I've had 2 off plan meals and I'm taking on water like a camel I'm happy with that!
Started the Be-Yu BURN tablets today so we'll see if they make it drop off a bit quicker!

How are you getting on? x

Sorry, just noticed the bot about the food packs....

They're actually delicious! I have a shake for breakfast, soup for dinner and spaghetti bol for tea with a chocolate bar (yes, an actual chocolate bar!) to eat throughout the day!
Still not been particularly hungry yet either.

My only complaints are:
1. The porridge was absolutely minging but they have sent me some maple syrup flavour porridge to try so I'll see if that's any better.
2. The only choices for evening meal is spaghetti bol or cottage pie. I'm not a big fan of the cottage pie so I have spag bol EVERY night which I getting a bit samey buy I put different spices in to liven it up a bit!

What are the exante meals like?

Hi Claireweenie,

sounds like you are doing ok to me.
I only lost 3lb the first week on mine....so considering your off plan meals i think you have done fantastic...keep up the good work.

My food is not too bad except i don't like anything pink ie....tomato soup and strawberry shake yuk!!!!
Normally pink would be my favourite colour lol.

I have one shake...one soup and one bar a day.....that is the only bit i am finding hard....did vlcd a few years ago and was used to having four packs lol.
Taste is ok....not much taste to worry about as they go for more natural flavours/ingredients where they can.

As for you Chocolate bar....lol...you lucky thing....he he.

I am sure you will see a good loss next week.....just take it one day at a time and just try to do one week with no extra unplanned meals if you can.....i am sure it will boost your confidence when you next weigh in.

Keep in touch.
Shaz x

Good advice. I'm away this weekend aswell but with friends so it shouldn't be as difficult to stick to my set meals!

How many calories does your shake, soup and bar work out at then, 600 still?

Good luck with your next weigh in!

Claire

Good advice. I'm away this weekend aswell but with friends so it shouldn't be as difficult to stick to my set meals!

How many calories does your shake, soup and bar work out at then, 600 still?

Good luck with your next weigh in!

Claire

Hi Claire,

yes....each meal is just over 200 calories...have a great weekend.

Shaz x

Sorry, just noticed the bot about the food packs....

They're actually delicious! I have a shake for breakfast, soup for dinner and spaghetti bol for tea with a chocolate bar (yes, an actual chocolate bar!) to eat throughout the day!
Still not been particularly hungry yet either.

My only complaints are:
1. The porridge was absolutely minging but they have sent me some maple syrup flavour porridge to try so I'll see if that's any better.
2. The only choices for evening meal is spaghetti bol or cottage pie. I'm not a big fan of the cottage pie so I have spag bol EVERY night which I getting a bit samey buy I put different spices in to liven it up a bit!

What are the exante meals like?

Hello there.

I am starting the flexinutrition today, and i have been sent the porridge packs, and also 3 packs of 'maple brown sugar'. So i just add this to the mix or is it to go on top? Or is it to be eaten seperatley?

Im so confused with it!! :confused:

I googled Flexinutrition and all I got was info on ebay sellers and something about horse vitamins :confused:

Have only seen Flexinutrition as a seller on ebay, but in any event from the description above they appear to be selling the same Bariatrix products as most of the others on ebay, and several other suppliers.

Check out the Avidlite website - same products, probably cheaper. ;)

(not on commission or owt - just a satisfied customer. Been using their products to top-up my exante supplies.)

Sorry Bucksfizz I thought I'd already replied! Yes you just make the maple brown sugar ones up as if it was a normal porridge sachet - it's just a different flavour.

Maxie P - I get mine from ebay too. 17 1/2 day supply for £86 which works out at roughly £1.75 a 'meal' or £5 a day. I've been using it for over two months now and I am VERY happy with it!

Miss Demeanour - just had a look on avidlite and I reckon your right, it is the same stuff isn't it!?! It is slightly cheaper aswell - only problem I can foresee is that 3 of the 4 products I order everytime are currently out of stock on avidlite! I've got plenty for now anyway but I reckon I might try them from avidlite next time I order instead of ebay! Cheers!

Claire

Miss Demeanour - just had a look on avidlite and I reckon your right, it is the same stuff isn't it!?! It is slightly cheaper aswell - only problem I can foresee is that 3 of the 4 products I order everytime are currently out of stock on avidlite! I've got plenty for now anyway but I reckon I might try them from avidlite next time I order instead of ebay! Cheers!

Claire

Yep. most of these companies that sell 'their own' diets are actually all flogging the same stuff under different brands. That's not necessarily a bad thing - loads of companies do that sort of thing, it's a business after all - but unfortunately the advice regarding the suitability of individual products for TFR tends to vary. (It's a 'meal replacement' therefore it must be suitable for TFR = Wrong.) I do sometimes worry about what the less-well-informed are being told by ebay sellers...

Anyway...

Do a search for a thread called 'lots internet diets offer same products'. Its an old thread so some if the info may be a little out of date, but it illustrates the point rather well.

EDIT: give 'em a ring re stock, may well be only temporary.

Checked out Avid lite - same products and, yep, they're cheaper!
Thanks!

Back